The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rock Band 2

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I plan on getting this game for my brothers for Christmas. Our family had some financial trouble this year, so I wasn't exactly able to get the first game for them earlier this year.

But this game looks totally awsome! Comment on it here!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Two words:
Awwww yeah! :D :wow

the PS3 release won't be out until october but i'm definitely picking it up!  I love how it will let you load most of the RB1 songs into the songlist as well, including all of the songs I've downloaded.  This is gonna be a blast!  

"I approve" :D
(except for the delay on the PS3 release..groan. <_<  :p )

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just got the game for christmas for Wii (surprising that i got it because it came out 3 days before christmas for wii, and also, i never asked for anything this year). I spent about the first week or so playing through world tour mode on guitar. After i finished that, i started concentrating on the drums, as thats what i usually play with my friends. I've playing playing drums since RB1 and i dunno if any one else plays drums frequently but, the old foot pedals used to break, and pretty easily as well (between me, and my brothers friends, we ended up going through about 3 drumsets) and im just gonn point out now that the RB2 are not any better. They may decieve you with that metal plating on there, but it still has the exact same problems

Heres what its supposed to look like

And it broken

The pedal broke in the same spot the other pedals broke in RB1. This pedal only took about 1 week until it broke.

Its not like im bashing rock band, i love the game, i just hate how harmonix tries to fix the problem by screwing a thin plate of metal on top and call it good. And, if any one cares, i bought a pedal online for about $100, its supposed to be really good from what i've heard. Unfortunately, i have to wait about 4-6 weeks before it arrives :cry .

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Gee that doesnt sound too nice. Gotta wonder about the quality of these things then... :o

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've heard a lot of dispute regarding which of the two series' are better. Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I guess I went along with GH purely because it shouted a bit more (it was advertised more in other words). Despite that, when I asked people, they say RB is better.  :unsure: Being the indecisive guy that I am, I just went for GH for said reasons but I'm seriously debating a conversion just to see the difference. That and a 500 tracklist does sound somewhat impressive to behold  :DD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Gee that doesnt sound too nice. Gotta wonder about the quality of these things then...
well, really its just the foot pedal, the pads themselves seem to be quite a bit improved from RB1. I was just focusing on the negative, probably cause i was mad that i can't play the drums for a month  :lol.

I've heard a lot of dispute regarding which of the two series' are better. Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I guess I went along with GH purely because it shouted a bit more (it was advertised more in other words). Despite that, when I asked people, they say RB is better. unsure.gif Being the indecisive guy that I am, I just went for GH for said reasons

Well, from what i've played of both games, the single player in RB2 (world tour mode) is definitely more fun. I found myself bored and forcing myself through the GH:WT one (played both on guitar). Also the band game play seems to be better in RB2 as well (never really played that much of GH:WT, this is just what i've heard mostly), as its a lot easier to see how well each band member is performing, and also with the feature of saving failed band members by using your own energy (equivalent to Star Power). Not to mention, all 4 band members can stack the overdrive to get bonus multipliers to the whole band (up to an extra 8x, 2x for each member). This can add some fun into playing songs as it adds a bit more strategy for getting more points or stars. I've also heard that the online is supposedly better on RB2, but i haven't really played online in either so i can't really prove that.

That and a 500 tracklist does sound somewhat impressive to behold
yea, thats pretty impressive, though currently the music store isn't up for the Wii version yet, supposed to be up in "early 2009", so heres to hoping it'll come out soon. Plus, theres a 20 song DLC pack you get for free when you buy the game, and you put the code up at rockband.com i believe (though the music store isn't up for the wii, so wii users are gonna have to wait. And lastly, wii users will get 30 free songs from RB1 im pretty sure (again, when the music store is up and running).

but I'm seriously debating a conversion just to see the difference.
All GH:WT instruments work on RB2 for wii, i use the GH guitar all the time on RB, so you could just buy the game by itself. But RB2 doesn't work on GH:WT (on the wii at least, not sure about other platforms). As foror your question on whether you should converting, i say, do it. So far, i been having more fun on RB2 then GH:WT.

Also, assuming you have GH:WT it for the wii, or are getting RB2, i would love to play online together  :DD.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well, after 2 months, i finally have my new foot pedal! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and i can safely say that it's amazing. Also, all foot pedals work on each console, so i can take the pedal to my friends house and not have to worry about breaking their peda. The pedal is pretty much all metal...so hopefully it won't break :lol.
Heres a pic of the pedal

and with the whole drumset

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I personally LOVE Rock Band 2. The game is so much fun both alone AND with friends, but especialy with friends. They got the songs right this time around, as the setlist is MUCH better than the overall setlist of Rock Band 1. I am also very happy that almost all of my Rock Band 1 songs as well as my downloaded songs still work!

My main complaint with this is a small one to most but a big one for me. I can understand licensing issues with certain songs, but WTF couldn't Enter Sandman be transferable! That was easily the best song on Rock Band 1, but I can't play it on Rock Band 2 :anger

In terms of the battle between Rock Band and Guitar Hero, each has it's own merits. Rock Band is definitely the better multiplayer game, despite GHWT utilizing drums, mic, and both bass and lead guitar. Rock Band was made to be a multiplayer game, while Guitar Hero was initially a single/co-op player game. Rock Band does a better job of getting the feel of a true multiplayer experience. On the other hand, Guitar Hero is definitely the more competitive game. The songs on Rock Band 2 are definitely harder this time around, but in my opinion Guitar Hero III had some of the hardest songs in the franchise, not including Through the Fire and the Flames. Also, there's more incentive to compete with other players in Guitar Hero than Rock Band, although Rock Band 2 utilizes Battle of the Band to compete with such feature. So in my opinion, Rock Band 2 is the better party game while Guitar Hero is the better competetive game. Otherwise, both games are in my opinion equal in popularity and fun, each with it's own strengths and flaws.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest I don't see how anyone can play that game.  Timing is Key to winning and that is what I don't have.  Practice makes perfect though.