The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Video game videos

action9000 · 275 · 45935

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jan 27 2009 on  10:49 PM
might as well post my last 3 vids i have uploaded while we wait for NeptuneNavigator2001 here to upload his.
It's coming soon, but I'm not exactly sure which one I want to do yet... :p So many games... :D I think I've got a pretty good idea, though.... :P: And yeah, I didn't mention, that I used to use the Game Genie, and then later on, only the 30 lives code. (10 lives for Super C, and a different code.) :P: Finally, over 10 years later, I realized I might actually be able to do it... :) Lo and behold. ;) Contra I actually beat almost 3 years ago, by now... :p Super C was a solid month of training, remembering, and frustration. But it's done... :)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So heres a video of me beating sigma in megaman x3. I didn't put in any codes at all and it was played on my wii (megaman x collection). For not playing the game for so long, i did amazingly well. Here it is:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3852017627369339871

So, i'm expecting money Friendly Sharptooth

With more gratitiude than words can express do I give thee, for thine work overflows with honest labor. How I envy such skill! Did you even have to try?

About the closing, what can I say? You did take your own valuable time just to let me see that. As they say: NIV Proverbs 10:4- "Lazy hands make a man poor,  but diligent hands bring wealth."

I have a visa debt card, a mastercard credit card, paypal, and some standard checks that came from my checking account. I didn't get personal ones since I don't normally write checks, so a generic one would have to there. Which would you prefer? Later!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With more gratitiude than words can express do I give thee, for thine work overflows with honest labor. How I envy such skill! Did you even have to try?
Wow...um...thanks! :DD  I have know idea why i did so good, usually i have to use 1 or 2 subtanks when fighting the 2nd form. Also the gamecube controllers are horrible for playing megaman x games, as you have to use 2 fingers to be able to charge, jump, and dash at the same time. To show you how hard it is,  Heres the button layout of the controller and Heres how im able to press down the 3 buttons at once.. I got really good at playing this way, despite being very uncomfortable. This is also the method that i was using during the video.

Also, i would prefer paypal, as its the safest way to send very large amounts of money  :lol. But seriously, i don't need any money for this, it was my pleasure. I just hope that you might be able to get some tips from this video and be able to beat him.

On a side note, i will upload that last Smash Bros video of Falco vs. Fox vs. Wolf, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Apologies, guys, I'm still figuring out which one I should do next, plus I've been in a rut for a while, but I'm trying to come out of it. :p I should have the next one done, well.... Soon enough. ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No hurry, just go at your own pace that is comfortable for you.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry guys, Neptune is making final preparations, here... But not preparations that you might expect... For those of you who want to see any future vids from me, my YouTube page is at: http://www.youtube.com/user/NeptuneNavigator01
You'll know why I posted it here, soon enough. *loose end tied up*

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So i have an idea for a video that im gonna do next. Im not going to say just yet, as i have to go through the whole game at the moment. Its one of my favorite SNES games (And its not Super Metroid... i already did that).

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
well i guess another Rock Band 2 video because i was bored one day. I've gotten like 5 times better since the last video i posted. Panic Attack is a piece of cake now, so i thought i would do a song a little bit harder, one that gives every RB drummer nightmares. What song you ask? I'm not going to say, but anyone who's played quite a bit of rock band will probably know what song i'm talking about.

*Note* Since i've gotten my new foot pedal, the floor shakes a bit when i stomp down on it, so the camera shakes every time theres a foot pedal note. I'll hopefully have found a better method of filming if i ever make more drums videos. Just be glad i'm not doing Battery...

Anyways, here it is.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Geez, nicely done, Flathead!  Whew, that looks like it requires brutally rock-steady timing!

I'm still having big problems with Battery on guitar..just can't get the quick strumming to respond the way I want it to!

You're playing on the Wii, right?  What's your username, I'm curious how you're ranking on the Wii boards!

I've been having some fun with this site lately. :p
http://keldon.net/rockband/

Here are my stats at the moment.  They update rather slowly but most of these are up to date.
http://keldon.net/rockband/scores.cgi?play...PERT&showrb2=on

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
   Geez, nicely done, Flathead! Whew, that looks like it requires brutally rock-steady timing!
thanks. The real challenge of the song is endurance, by the time the solo comes, you arms start to fall off :lol.

I'm still having big problems with Battery on guitar..just can't get the quick strumming to respond the way I want it to!
You and me both, i get murdered on this song on guitar. I can't even break 100K. I can play it really well on the drums though, getting around 96/97% on my good days. Anyways, i would love to see your shredding skills Tim :DD.

You're playing on the Wii, right? What's your username, I'm curious how you're ranking on the Wii boards!
yea i play on my Wii, i've tried looking up my username and can't seem to find it though, i've emailed the creator of the site to see whats up with that, but if you want to give it a shot my username is "MR MEAT".

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyways, i would love to see your shredding skills Tim
Wish granted and..incoming uncontrollable flailing on a plastic guitar! :D  :DD

Painkiller, Expert Guitar
Click the tiny link in the bottom right of this page to download it.  I know it isn't obvious at all. :p

Funny enough, I set a new personal best on this song while recording this.  Guess you're all good luck! :p :D
I messed up a section a couple of minutes in (the fast notes on the same colour) from forgetting to use my overdrive earlier and trying to scramble to hit the bloody thing!  D'oh! :lol

I compressed it down quite a bit so it would be easy to send.  Didn't post it on youtube because, being a song like this, it might get muted, knowing my luck. :p

I was pretty happy with this run.  Still have no idea what I'm gonna do about Battery though, ugghh... :p

if you want to give it a shot my username is "MR MEAT".
Nope, I can't get it to work either. Very odd..no idea how the Wii does things though.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Lucky, I always do bad as soon as there is a camera by my TV lol. Anyways, that was pretty Impressive. I can't keep my timing when those fast notes come and i'll always be losing my multiplier during those parts when I play guitar.

I actually have a video of me playing a song on guitar but it will probably be awhile before i upload it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't keep my timing when those fast notes come and i'll always be losing my multiplier during those parts when I play guitar.
You can hear the timing pretty clearly in my video, if that will help you at all.  It's simply just triplets at a high speed.  As long as you can keep it steady and you know that about that notes, I find that part really quite easy.  Easier than those bloody 8th note runs that have your fingers jumping all over the bloody place and just taunting you to miss a note! :p

Then again, I know many people have difficulty with that technique.  Songs like Creep from RB 1 have very few high scores on them and somehow I managed 7th place on the PSN on Creep.  Guess I kinda have a knack for those runs or something. :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
yea, i don't really play the guitar much though. In fact, the only reason why i'm even as good as i am is because i had to wait 2-3 months until i could play my drums due to my broken foot pedal.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay, i managed to find my scores on that site. I've been checking the site every so often in hopes my name would randomly pop up and then i had an idea. By checking the Wii leaderboards on a song i new i placed very high on, i would be able to find my username. Turns out, my username on the site is "MR MEA" instead of "MR MEAT". I have no idea why, but whatever.

Anyways tim, here it is
http://keldon.net/rockband/scores.cgi?play...2=on&showdlc=on

This site is actually very useful, as i never new i was so close to gold starring so many songs. I also never realized how low my score was on Cool for Cats  :lol. Most of the scores should be up to date, but theres a couple there that ive gotten better scores on. Ive gotten 4 more gold stars then it says on there as well (Afterlife, All The Small Things, Cool for Cats, and DOA).

[EDIT] Also, i just 5 starred a bunch of songs that i only had 4 stars on, including Painkiller, with 296K as my score (i nearly got 100% on the opening drum solo as well  :DD ). There should be only 8 songs now that have 4 stars on, which are:
-Visions
-Shoulder to the Plow
-Run to the Hills
-This Calling
-YYZ
-The Trooper
-No Regrets
-Good Mourning/ Black Friday

And i still have to pass Prequel to the Sequel

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
haha wow that first death wasn't too fair, the ghost just spawns on top of you  :lol.

Can't say that i've played any games for the Commodore 64, though it looks...uhhhh... exciting...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lol.. Me playing Harry potter 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pjg1eAGwEI

It's the last part before finishing the game, mainly fighting off the death eaters :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Me playing "Sweet Home Alabama" on expert in Guitar Hero:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zt_GGLHMqA

Ripped the note chart from World Tour and exported it into GH3 (PC version). I find it more comfortable to play the game with my keyboard held upside down (basically you're treating the keyboard as if it's the guitar controller). :p