The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Beasts of the American West

F-14 Ace · 237 · 23026

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Morgan ran with the others as they left the vicinity of the wolves.  Stopping for a bit, a kestrel had flown down.  Morgan instinctively hid under the buffalo, since kestrels sometimes might decide on a snack of lapine.  It mentioned that it never ate rabbits, but Morgan wasn't too sure of that.  Rabbits perhaps, but she wasn't a rabbit.

"And what of hares?  Do you serve those at your cocktail parties?" she asked rather quickly.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Don't worry. I almost never attack the mammalian kind. I prefer pigions, small storks, and Songbirds."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Buff asked, "So, why do you want to go after the wolves?"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Because of what they did to my family." Swiftfeather say, for the first time, his eyes show an expression. Saddness.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Buff replied, "Oh, I know what you mean.  They did the same thing to me.  They killed my brother."

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Morgan looked to the ground for a spell.  "They may have gotten my levrets for all I know.  They moved onto their own place and that's that.  You don't usually see them ever again, so you know if natural causes didn't get them, natural predators do.  Humans even.  Who's to know?  Hares don't often see their offspring ever again."

She turned her face from the ground again.  "Does that mean you will be staying with us for a bit, Swiftfeather?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Buff added, "Yeah. Would you like to hang with us for  bit?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He continued, "I'm going to go see what te humans are up to now."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
can someone please post here soon? I have waited for days for a new post.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(occ: Hi everyone.  I have created a a Yahoo! group about this rpg.  If anyone would like to join, here is the link.  Since it is a yahoo group, it is free to join.)
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/wildbuffalo/

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
occ: (but you have to have a yahoo ID to join it though.)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
ooc: Can't work with one sentence replies, F-14. ^^

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(occ:Alright, I'll combine a couple of posts and ad some more.  They're talking to Swiftfeather here.)

Buff added, "Yeah. Would you like to hang with us for bit?"   He continued, "I'm going to go see what the humans are up to."
He turned and started to walk away.
Myles said, "Its been a while since we saw them.  You're perfectly welcome to join us."
He continued after Buff.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
ooc:  Maybe my reply ought to be "Ok then," said Morgan and see what you two can do with it.  Not much, can you?  Now you know how I feel when I look and see so little to work with.  You can't expect me to do something with practically nothing.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(occ: Alright, I will make my posts longer from now on.)
Buff walked into the woods.  The sun was shining and a light breez blew through the trees.  Buff felt happy yo be alive.  But then, a tear rolled out of his eye wnd was soaked up by his hair.  He started to cry.
Myles asked, "What's wrong?"
Buff didn't answer.  He just walked on ahead.  Myles thought he knew what this was about.  Buff was missing his brother again.  The moose couldn't help but feel sorry for him.  Myles had never lost anyone he loved before.  But Buff had lost his parents at an early age and now his brother was gone.  He had no mate and his herd had cast him out and abandoned him.  They had since moved on.  Buff suddenly ran off and left the others standing there.  He went off and found a quiet spot where he could be alone.  The bison laid down and burst into tears.
Myles said to Morgan, "I wish there was something I could to to make him feel better.  He is really depressed.  Do you think there is anything we can do?"
(occ: well, I hope that is long enough.  :lol I've had a case of writer's block lately.)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(occ: hey, everyone!  Buff and Myles are going to get their own story on Fiction Press.com.  When I get it up, I'll post a link to it.  Some things will be different too.  For example, Rhen will play a bigger part in the story and he will be killed by humans instead of predators.  THere will be other differences as well.)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alright, I have the first chapter up now.  Here is the link.

http://www.fictionpress.com/read.php?storyid=2199392
Oh, and I changed his name to Blaze.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Occ: Hi everyone. :wave   I am really thinking about changing his name in this ro as well.  I like the name "Blaze" better anyway.   Just wanted to let yall know.