The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Dog passed away

Nick22 · 29 · 3541

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well guys i had to put my 11 year old dog to sleep. her name was Chloe she was a Bernese mountain-Border collie mix. she was extremely smart, she knew how to get food out of the pantry and we wouldn't notice until we would find the wrappers in her pen. she was extremely affectionate and loved to lie by me and get attention. she knew that when i would take her for walks, she would always get ' something' out of it. whether it would be ice cream, a dog treat from the bank, or the last of my Mcdonalds fries. its very hard to type these words as i just finished burying her. so please excuse my abcense for the next couple days, i will need time to fully grieve. Thank you
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not good with words, nor do I know what it feels like to lose a beloved pet, but...you have my sympathy, bud. I'm always around if you wanna talk.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is a terrible thing.   It's always hard to loose someone you are close to.  I'm sure we can understand you needing to take a few days off.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thanks starfall. it is very appreciated. i have a mechanism i didn't have to help me  last time a dog of mine died- this place. it is times like this where you really find out who your friends are.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, it's the least I can do.  You've always been there, now it's my turn.  :]

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well starfall if you have time to chat on skype that would be great.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You always have friends here on the GOF, Nick. Never be a stranger.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Your dog's name was Chloe? I had a dalmatian named that once. It's never easy putting a beloved pet down. I'm so sorry, Nick. Best of luck to you.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We all have to find our ways to cope.  You have many on here.  That is something.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry, Nick. :cry It's an awful thing to lose a pet. I'm sure that whatever circumstances forced you to put Chloe to sleep, it was the most humane thing to do. Take all the time you need to grieve, my friend. Hope you feel better soon. :)

On a potentially relevant note, it is my opinion that, if you ever think about getting a new pet, you should never feel guilty, like you are replacing Chloe; a new pet only adds to a family; it will never supplant the memory of a departed pet. A beloved pet, like a beloved family member, is a unique, irreplaceable individual. :wub

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am very sorry to hear about your loss.  It is perfectly understandable that you would want to take some time off during this difficult time.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww :( I'm sorry for your loss Nick! Feel free to take your time grieving, I can only imagine what it's like to lose a pet so dear to you...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know what it's like to lose a pet, and it certainly doesn't feel good. It's loosing a family member, and I know how hard that is. Take all the time you need, and we'll always be here for you if you need us. :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Losing a pet is very much like losing a family member. I'm very sorry about your loss. I'm sure you gave Chloe many wonderful years of companionship.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We're all here for you, nick, I know how losing a pet can feel

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I'm so sorry for you Nick :cry
At this time words of comfort may sound so shallow. But the memory of a dear pet does change. At the moment so right after Chloe passed on it is all sorrow and grief about her loss. As time goes on memory of the good times and cheerful memories of your shared experiences will overcome the grief as the main feeling. Cheerful memories that nothing can take away from you, cheeful memories that are neither to be supplemented with the affection for a new pet you may ultimately get not to bar out affection for a new pet. All of this may be of little comfort now, but days will come when it will be. If you want to chat and talk I'll be on Skype.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
It's always hard to say goodbye to a cherished pet. They really are one of the family especially when you've know them for so long and you are used to seeing them everyday. My deepest condolences Nick. It must be so awful for you right now. Take all the time you need. Rekindle all the fond memories and times you had together. They'll help you get through the pain of losing a loved one.

We'll be here when you're ready to return. All the best and my sympathies again.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm sorry to hear that, Nick22. I know how much it hurts when you lose a pet, they really are a part of the family. But she clearly had a family that loved her, so I'm sure she was extremely happy until it was her time.

RIP Chloe

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry about that, Nick22.  :cry I offer my condolences, but glad she had a long life too.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
She sounded like an amazing pet, Nick, and I'm certain she had a long, happy life with you and your family.
I know how you feel - we had to put our dog down almost a year ago now. It's weird how empty I feel when I think about it, because I didn't realize how much we needed him and vice versa till he was gone.
I sincerely hope there are no regrets on your part, as I'm sure there are none for your dog.
RIP, Chloe!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein