The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Kit, Petrie, Cory and most of the others backed up in shock at Longtail's scream.

"Y-you ok?" Petrie asked.

~~~~

Instead of answering either of them, Mr. Threehorn frowned and walked forward towards where the cry had come from. That was his way of saying yes to what Grandma Longneck had asked.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail looked around, and for a moment he sighed. "I think we're in real trouble guys!" he said.

"You would be right about that nephew!" called Cyrix as he stepped forward with a very stern look on his face knowing the young ones would get in a great amount of trouble for running off.

Grandpa Longneck followed after Mr.Threehorn and sighed, knowing he was likely to blow what ever happened quite possibly out of proportion.

Grandma Longneck however seemed determined to keep pace with Mr.Threehorn as she said, "Now my old friend, please try not to do anything to rash!"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos and Ovius ran to Longtail's side, sticks at the ready.

"Something wrong?" Deimos asked.

"I think we may have to answer to Cyrix." Ovius said, pointing to Cyrix.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The kids again backed up as Cyrix came up, their main worry just getting in trouble for rushing off.

"Uh...Mr. Cyrix...hi..." Kit said hesitantly.

"We...uh well we..." Petrie tried to come up with an excuse.

~~~~

Mr. Three horn huffed, "I won't be rash" he said, "I'll just be as firm as need by in whatever crisis we're facing now!" he said, somehow sure there was a crisis even when he hadn't reached the spot yet.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix held up a hand to silence the young ones as he asked, "Who's idea was this...I can only guess at two of you who would even try to sneak out like this!" His gaze then rested on Cera and Longtail. "So, which one of you talked the others into it?"

Longtail felt his heart creep into his throat as he stared down his uncle and began to tremble.

Grandpa longneck gave a short smile as he heard Mr.Threehorns response.
"This may not be a crisis, but do remember these are our hatchlings we're dealing with."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos and Ovius said nothing.

"At least Cyrix isn't paying attention to us." Deimos muttered.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cera at first frowned insulted at the accusation...before she realized both that Cyrix had a point and she was in enough trouble as it was.

"Well it wasn't me!" was her round about defense and accusation of her own.

"W-we all kind of agreed to coming, like we all always do" Littlefoot spoke up.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix turned to Deimos and scowled.
"Don't think you two are off the hook. You were supposed to warn me if they did anything like this!" he then heard voices approaching. "And now the trouble starts!" he commented aloud.

Longtail looked behind him to see Grandpa and Grandma Longneck along with Mr.Threehorn standing in the clearing as well.
"Wonderful..." he whispered under his breath.

Grandpa Longneck asked, "Are you young ones alright? We heard a scream."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We were in the process of trying to get them back." Deimos replied.

"Since we couldn't convince them to come back. We decide to keep them safe." Ovius said.

"Ovius!" Deimos shouted.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sprinted over.
"Gah!  S-Sorry I wasn't here sooner.  Some stuff was going down, and..."
He trailed off, realizing that now was not the best time to talk...

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Uh...that just us...uh...being startled" Petrie came up with a quick excuse, "but we fine now" he grinned.

Cera sighed, "Longtail found some rock and it was hot or something".

Mr. Threehorn tried, off the conversation before, to not let this make his thoughts go directly to suspicions on the...flyer.

"That's it?!" he instead asked the others, "a hot rock? No sharpteeth or other actually serious threats that would warrant..." he broke off in his frustrated...well he actually wasn't shouting yet so his tirade.

"Well there was the before..." Cory began.

"I know about before" Mr. Threehorn said annoyed before letting out another sigh as it seemed absolutely nothing had happened.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed.
"You wouldn't understand, because something REALLY big is going to happen soon. I can feel it."

Cyrix looked up at Mr.Threehorn and asked, "I may regret this, but despite the seemingly false alarm, what do you plan to do now?"

Grandpa Longneck sighed aloud and looked to the sky.
"I personally believe that the young ones would do well with some time away from Longtail."

Grandma Longneck looked to her mate and nodded.
"I agree."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"But...Grandpa..." Littlefoot stepped forward, "L-Longtail's our friend, you can't just...I mean..." he knew Longtail was on touchy ground with the adults but...still.

Cera wasn't sure what to think really, deep down she didn't think that badly of Longtail but...well anything her father agreed with was usually right and Topsy was nodding as he stated, "Sounds best".

"Well it's not like we got hurt or anything" it was Cory who spoke up, "and I don't think we would either" he added, folding his arms.

His mother had walked over though, "Now Cory let's watch the rude attitude" she said, the little swimmer grumbled but kept his thoughts to himself.

Tylr had found the group too, "Oh, we found 'em and they're safe...good..." he said, clearly picking up on what was going on.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck sighed.
"I know it seems unfair Littlefoot but trust us, this will help us sort out the problem."

Longtail looked hurt at that statement and he voiced his opinion.
"YOU MAY BE THE ELDERS OF THIS VALLEY BUT YOU CAN'T DO THIS!!!!"

Cyrix stepped forward and hugged his nephew close to him. "Please Longtail, try to understand. This isn't easy for any of us, but sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the larger picture."

Longtail then began to cry as he whispered.
"This isn't fair...I'm just a hatchling..."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante stepped in front of Longtail, arms out to the sides.
"This isn't right.  Think of this!  Wha~t if, by separating him from his friends, you create an actual threat?  If these kids are threatened, Longtail's about the only one who can save them, and if he's not there..."
Dante trailed off ominously...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded. "Dante is right. Though Ovius and myself are strong fighters we cannot take on this threat ourselves."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck shook his head.
"I'm sorry Dante, but the young ones need to be watched over by the other elders who can protect them far better than Longtail can."

Cyrix stepped forward.
"But surely if there is no danger present then Longtail can play with the other younglings right?" he asked hopefully.

Grandma Longneck however sighed as she replied, "No. They need to be safe, and if keeping Longtail from them is what we must do....then so be it."

Longtail's scowl only got darker as he heard that statement, and he broke free of his uncles grip and flapped his wings and cried out, "FINE! Then I just won't be here when trouble comes!" He then flew off in a random direction and flying above the trees.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Longtail..." Littlefoot longed to go after and reassure his friend, but then...well that was exactly what the grown-ups had just forbidden wasn't it.

"Hmm, shouldn't have been trusting them to a child's care anyway" Mr. Threehorn grumbled as he watched Longtail dart off.

Tylr sighed, somehow getting the feeling that trouble would come find them in double folds now just because this had happened.

He glanced down to see how Kit, Petrie and the others were taking this. Kit just looked as confused as the others, but, like he knew she was prone to do, didn't voice her opinions good or bad.

"It's just for a short while I'm sure" he answered her unspoken words.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sighed, shook his head, and ran off after his friend...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix didn't bother to go after his nephew knowing that Dante would find him far faster than he could. He simply stepped over to Mr.Threehorn and said, "I'd watch my mouth if I were you, it seems you have a habit of getting others including your daughters into trouble when you speak about things you have no business in."

Grandpa and Grandma Longneck gasped at Cyrix's words knowing that it was crossing a very well balanced line between the council elders of the valley and partially because what he said was true.

~~~

Longtail was flying through trees and over branches heading for the one place in the whole valley that no one would dare venture into especially after dark....the swamp lands.