The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Long RP

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Because he just attracts trouble like that" Mr. Threehorn said, not one to overly try to explain a situation and he certainly didn't feel like doing so now; he knew longneck was right though.

"Well if that rainbow face and...flyer are such a target let's find them quickly so that we can put and end to these sharpteeth". He turned towards where the tree was, knowing that would be the best direction to try first.

"All the same" Grandma Longneck said, finding where most of the others had already found eachother, "We mustn't try, for Longtail and Cyrix's sake, not to be rash and give any of these sharpteeth and open opportunity to catch us off guard.

"The children are with Rea and Tylr" she explained to her mate on a side note, knowing he'd possibly wonder about that with her here.

~~~~

"What do you keep staring at?" Cera asked, walking up to Littlefoot as the longneck did just keep staring out of the cave like entrance and exit past where Cory's mother was keeping guard.

"I just...I don't like having to just stay here and feel so useless" Littlefoot said, "Especially if Longtail's in trouble".

"Well we can't get by two adults" Cera said, circling and getting comfortable in a section of the cave, "so best just accept it, until an opening comes or something".

"Something like Longtail coming to us?" Petrie asked, pointing up. "Huh?" Cera turned to the flyer yet soon got her answer as Longtail tumbled into the tree.

"Well good grief" Tylr circled down, noticing the young one's tumble as well. "Longtail..." he gently slapped at either side of the flyer's face to try and roust him once more.

"Oh my, is he ok?" Rea asked, the kids watched nervously, wondering the same.

"Don't know, but first let's get him lower to where the other kids are where he's not so out in the open, Tylr half carried Longtail as he flapped down to the cover where the other kids were.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Deimos looked around and brandished his stick quarterstaff. "Hmm. Ressentiment, this is not good."

Ovius brandished his stick as well. "Seems like we should protect Longtail, Cyrix and Tylr."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Grandpa Longneck nodded to both his mate, and Mr.Threehorn knowing that both of them were right.
"Well under the current issues we have here...then I suggest we split up to cover more of the valley, but we must stay together, no less than two to a group, or else we run the risk of leaving ourself open to attack."

He then turned to Dante and Virgil.
"Would you two please help to track down and keep Bleeding Heart and the Ressentiment busy while we search for Longtail?"

~~~~~

Longtail groaned as he stared to come to, and as he opened his eyes he gave a rather startled cry, and rolled backwards onto the cave floor. He then looked around not knowing exactly where he was, but knowing that he was safe.
"Thank you...uncle Cyrix..." he mumbled to himself before falling back to sleep.

~~~~~

Cyrix at that moment in time was running back the way he'd come hoping to find someone to either help him find Longtail, or know where Bleeding Heart had gotten to.
"I just hope he's not near any of the bigger herds in the valley, or else there might be trouble." he said aloud to himself.

~~~~~~

Bleeding Heart at that moment also knew that his cover of secrecy was over. He figured it would be best to leave the valley for the moment and return when it was at a better opportunity.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ovius and Deimos nodded.

"Grandfather, Deimos and I will protect Longtail and his family." Ovius said.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Right, well I'll go with Mr. Threehorn here and take the east direction if you want" Mr. Thicknose said. "Yeah...I suppose that could work" Mr. Threehorn grumbled a bit.

~~~~

Tylr smiled, "Well he's talking, that's good, don't worry he'll wake up and realize where he is soon enough, atleast it's still just sleep".

"The good kind?" Littlefoot asked as he and the other kids walked up. "I think so" Tylr nodded with a smile.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck smiled and nodded.
"Grandma and I will take the North path and see if it is safe." he said. He then turned and asked, "Who will take the southern path? As that one does lead to the closest entrance to the Mysterious Beyond?" he asked aloud.

He then looked to Ovius and Deimos and smiled.
"Yes, that sounds like a good idea you two. Please, be sure to hurry."

~~~~~

Cyrix's luck seemed to be working well, as he suddenly found himself quite literally running into Tylr accidently knocking the flyer down.
"I am so sorry Tylr, are you alright?" he asked calmly, and then after a moments hesitation he remembered why he was running.
"Have you or the young ones seen Longtail?"

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
With a nod each, both Mr. Thicknose and Mr. Threehorn set out. "We should probably not forget to scan the bushes, I know dastardly sharpteeth like to hide there" Mr. Thicknose said.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we should forget about out in the open" Mr. Threehorn added. Mr. Thicknose frowned, "I wasn't saying we should, I just think it's more likely..." he began, and while looking it seemed another famous argument between the two would start out.

~~~~

After recovering from the hit, Tylr turned with a smile and was just about to reassure Cyrix that it was ok and he was fine, when the rainbow face's last question paused him.

"Actually Longtail found us by tumbling into that tree it seems" Tylr said, pointing to the tree, "but he's alright from what I can gather, here see for yourself". Tylr stepped aside so Cyrix could see where Longtail lay, being watched over by the young ones quite effectively.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded. "Let's go!"

Ovius nodded as well and the two immediately ran towards Longtail's nest.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix sighed in relief upon hearing of his nephews safety, but then he blushed and cleared his throat as he rubbed Longtail's back for a moment.
"Well...I'd say that tree was a stroke of luck for him...as I had to think on my feet, and....threw him off a hill...heh."

Longtail stirred as he felt a comforting hand. He blinked twice and asked, "What's a flyer gotta do to get some food?"

Cyrix couldn't help but chuckle at his nephew for that comment.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Here you are, dear" Rea stepped forward with a pile of leaves which she set down, "While Tylr here is a great help in protecting the young ones, I'm afraid even with a young daugher he's raising on his own he's just like males and doesn't always remember to make sure food is stocked nearby at times like this" she gave a teasing smile to the flyer she'd count a friend as Tylr ducked aside muttering something about 'getting to it'.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail gave a soft smile to Rea as she dropped the treestars. He yawned and began eating almost immediately after.

Cyrix sighed and turned to Rea with a heartfelt thank you, and a bow to show his utmost respect. He then asked, "Does anyone know where the other elders happen to be right now? I'm starting to worry about them as well."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well I saw Grandma Longneck heading off that way to find more of the elders herself" Tylr told Cyrix, pointing in the direction, "I would assume they all met up not long after, as I haven't seen anyone else wandering looking for them until you asked".

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well then, in that case with all the little ones in a safe place, I suggest we stay here until the others are done searching the valley for Bleeding Heart. He then whispered to Tylr, "What do you think of...well Longtail's current standing with the valley herd?"

Longtail stopped eating for a moment and turned to his friends, "If you guys are hungry, you can have some of these treestars...I know I won't finish them all."

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Tylr smiled at Longtail's offer, politely waving it off even as he turned to answer Grandpa Longneck quietly.

"I...if your asking my personal opinions...Longtail's still the same he's always been, heritary aside, after all he's always been a half sharptooth, if  that's what his heriditary is, all that changed is us knowing about it".

He thought about the trances that Longtail had been known to go into at times, and knew that that was another thing to be considered...would there ever come a time Longtail would be dangerous due to that...Tylr didn't know.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos and Ovius arrived at Longtail's nest.

"Cyrix! Longtail! Tylr! Is every one all right!" Deimos asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix gave a genuine smile at Tylr and nodded his head.
"Thank you for understanding." The rainbow face then turned to Deimos and Ovius and said softly, "Yes, yes everyone here is alright Deimos. Tell me what are the elders doing right now? I would assume trying to track and hunt down Bleeding heart right?" he said.

Longtail continued to eat his treestars and smiled brightly when he noticed Deimos and Ovius had arrived.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Deimos nodded. "I believe so."

"Deimos and I volunteered to guard you." Ovius said, standing with his stick at the ready.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail yawned as he finished eating his last treestar.
"that's good...we could use all the help we can get."

Cyrix looked over at his nephew and asked, "Are you getting tired again?"

Longtail nodded his head and blinked several times and yawned again.
"I think I'll take another nap." he said as he laid his head down.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"And don't worry, we won't let anything come at ya while you sleep either" Kit told Longtail

~~~~

"For the last time, this is not the way to go, we're heading more south than...". As Mr. Threehorn kept complaining, Mr. Thicknose turned a frown back to him. "Will you stop, I know where we're going!" he said firmly and without raising his voice like Mr. Threehorn seemed to always need to do.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled as he closed his eyes again and fell into sleep.

~~~~~

Bleeding Heart had been trying to sneak out of the valley but it seemed all that happened was he kept running into valley members, this time it was that pompous threehorn and another valley resident that seemed to be arguing about something. He shook his head as another confrontation wasn't what he was looking for and turned and walked away as quietly as he could.