The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Member Awards: Voting Open! - 2006

Nick22 · 59 · 7228

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the sig idea personally. Think of an award that suitsca particular poster and give it to him or her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Yup, that's part of the plan....if this ever gets off the ground.  :P:  :slap

So let's put out some awards and get some votes; whoever gets the most, gets the award.

1.)  Impressive LBT artwork
2.)  Most helpful (at the Gang of Five)
3.)  LBT philosopher (deeply think about the films)
4.)  Friendliest (at the Gang of Five)

More awards will be added as we think of them.  Winners will receive signature text/picture to use.

Please try to not nominate yourself! You can if you really feel you're that deserving of it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
1.) Impressive LBT artwork:  I nominate Jason (Littlefoot1616) because I like the effort he's put into his Littlefoot drawings, and I couldn't get over how impressive that one with Shorty was.  You'd think he was one of the animators.

2.) Most helpful (at the Gang of Five):  I nominate Malte for this award because if I'm not around, he's always around to direct members to the topics for more clarification and moves topics around if they belong in different sections (admin work).

3.) LBT philosopher:  I nominate Tim (action9000) because in many of the sequel topics about characters there's always this long essay post about why this character acts as such and backs it up nicely.  (It wasn't an easy choice between him, Malte, and pokeplayer)

4.) Friendliest:  I nominate Jason (Littlefoot1616) because hands down, you cannot make him mad at you, no matter how hard you try (don't quote me on that  :lol: ).  That takes willpower to hold back if someone really gets on your case and to keep a cool head in the matter.  Fighting never won anything...he's shown us that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Artwork - I nominate Threehorn, he has some very good drawings
 Most Helpful- Malte. Always willing to lend a hand
Philosopher- Roger. i've read some long drawn-out posts on the sequels from you.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Artwork:  I Nominate Threehorn. His artwork shows keen signs of originality, and his images are true-to-life of the original LBT characters, when he desires.  Clean, accurate work.

Most Helpful: I nominate RogerRabbit, who is always jumping into various topics to lend a hand.  For example, he took authority in helping prevent an arguement from getting out of hand, and he assisted Littlefoot Fan with DVD audio ripping.

Philosopher: I nominate Malte for his unique well supported visions on LBT 10, among countless other original LBT comments.

Friendliest: I nominate Littlefoot-1616 for his consistantly relaxed attitude, and his ability to keep a conversation light and cheerful.  Always a pleasure to talk to.

Quick Tally of votes:

Artwork:
Threehorn: 2
Littlefoot-1616: 1

Most Helpful:
Malte: 2
RogerRabbit: 1

Philosopher:
Malte: 2
action9000: 1

Friendliest:
Littlefoot-1616: 2

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have some thoughts for a new award.

Perhaps the addition of a "most proactive" award is in order.  By "proactive", I refer to members who have brought fresh ideas and effort to the forums.  These ideas either expanded the forums in a new direction, or otherwise evolved or improved the forums or its contents, to meet the needs of the growing population of this board.

I nominate RogerRabbit for this award.  He has expanded the forum to include the LBT Projects board, which I sincerely appreciate.  He has, with the assistance of the other Admins, introduced affiliations with the Network54 Land Before Time forum, and a Jurassic Park forum.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I couldn't yet make up my mind about every award, but I'll give the votes I have decided about.
The proactive award (I consider it a very good idea) should in my opinion go to Roger. Not only is he the founder of this board and main organizer but he also brought through several projects of this board. Examples are the affiliations with other boards (which Action 9000 already named) and this very awarding business. It was his idea and if it wasn't for him giving the push to it which it needs we wouldn't have made any visible progress yet. Good going Roger.

The Best Role Play Gamer Award was a bit more tricky to me. I am not much into role play gaming so I can decide about this award only on the basis of the one RPG I'm participating in, the strictly LBT RPG. There are two canidates and the choice was hard. I want to give special credit to the activity and enthusiasm of F-14 which certainly kept up the RPG, yet for the award I nominate Threehorn. The reason for this decision is that Threehorn took a very active part in bringing along the strictly LBT RPG despite the fact that he is not one who has a special favor for strictly LBT business. Nevertheless he not only participated actively but also suggested the basic plot for the RPG. That I think must be respected.

The most helpful member award was relatively easy for me to decide about. It was made easy through the constant and selfless helpulness of Action 9000. Not only did he provide us with plenty of LBT midis and sheet music we could have never had without him but also he has been extremely helpful by creating and sharing screenshots. Apart from the screenshots he provided for the creation of the awards he also created and sent screenshots immediately when I asked if anyone had screenshots of the LBT 5 sharptooth and Chomper's parents at hand. There was no reason for this other than his being very helpful indeed.
<EDIT: One very important point I thoughtlessly forgot to mention is Action9000's ability to offer constructive criticism. Most people are too shy to say what's wrong about the work or actions of somebody they want to get along with well. Action9000 doesn't hide his opinion for over-politeness' sake and as most people do he is very helpful by not doing this.>

Helpfulness and friendliness often go hand in hand. Would it not be for this board consisting of many people who would deserve this award I don't think it would be as successful. However in my opinion the Friendliest Member award should go to Littlefoot-1616. Beyond the regular "everyday kind of kindness" he often took a mitigating effect in heated discussions. Also he was not to be unbalanced even by direct attacks which occured on both this and the N54 forum. Jason has no problem with people of opinions different from his own and unlike some others he is very capable of dealing with criticism. This admirable features of his character more than qualify him for the award.

The other two awards are those to which I have to give some more thought as they prove the most tricky in my opinion.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Maybe we could come up with a few QUANTITATIVE awards as well as qualitative. Easy things like, most number of posts, more frequent daily poster etc etc. Easy enough to pull off...just check the stats page. I'm sure we could come up with some other awards... Most Avid LBT knowledge (most answered LBT Trivia questions), Funniest Caption in "Caption this" section, best written LBT fanfiction. What about "most likely to be" awards. Who most resembles character from LBT...Most resembles Littlefoot...or Ducky or Bron... just for a bit of fun really.

Well, with what's already been put up...

BEST ARTWORK I'd have to say Malte's artwork for his illustrations to his fanfic "The Cold Time". Original concept ideas, beautifully portrayed and coloured to pixel-perfect shading.

MOST PROACTIVE It'd have to be Roger! If it wasn't for him, I doubt many of us would have congrigated here to discuss a subject dear to us all. He's always streaks ahead of the game with updates, banners, new features...the works. My hat goes off to him, well played sir!

GREATEST PHILOSOPHER If Dumbledore was real he'd have some serious competition from our very own Malte! Words of wisdom, thoughts, theories and just plain smartness just seem to flow from every orifice of this guy. Critiques and analysis of everything LBT (and some things non-LBT) always seem to be the first point of call for this fella! You want a question needing an answer (be it factual or otherwise)? You know who to call...Congrats Malte! Maybe that Viking Helmet is promoting your excellence LOL

FRIENDIEST MEMBER In terms of friendliness, my vote for this goes out to Littlefoot Fan. Calm, collected, never quick to anger (don't quote me on that) and just an all-round good guy. It just seems impossible to NOT like him...there doesn't seem to be a mean bone in his body. My nomination goes out to him

BEST RPG PLAYER No doubt in my mind about this one. Threehorn gets it all the way! Hands down and no questions asked. I'm not a RPG player myself (except for Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts but I won't go into that!) but he seems to always be up there with the RPG stories. Good on ya fella! My nomination is to you!

MOST HELPFUL I'd double this up with a MOST CREATIVE award myself but this would have to go to Action9000. His contribution to LBT is unmatched with his MIDI creations and all other sub-projects he does to enhance our adoration for LBT. Again, my hat is tipped respectfully in his direction (Please note: Not literally wearing hat whilst writing nominations)

That's my scoring for now...any more nominations, I'll add later

TTFN! B)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe we could come up with a few QUANTITATIVE awards as well as qualitative. Easy things like, most number of posts, more frequent daily poster etc etc. Easy enough to pull off...just check the stats page. I'm sure we could come up with some other awards... Most Avid LBT knowledge (most answered LBT Trivia questions), Funniest Caption in "Caption this" section, best written LBT fanfiction. What about "most likely to be" awards. Who most resembles character from LBT...Most resembles Littlefoot...or Ducky or Bron... just for a bit of fun really.
Yes and No.
I'm not sure that a merely quantitative award would be a good idea. I suppose the result would be nothing but a soar in the activity of such highly intellectual threads as the "word association". There is a post counter below every avatar and I recal we had discussions on trying to get rid even of that one as it caused some uneasy feelings.
As for awarding the answering of the LBT trivia questions, that would maybe give a boost to the game. The danger about such an award is that people might feel uneasy about somebody getting such a kind of LBT expert award. We are all LBT experts and I'm kind of paranoid about even implying that somebody is more of that than somebody else.
So generally I am sceptical about awards for numbers.
The kind of fun awards about people resembling LBT characters sounds easier to realize. Just for the fun of it and to get an idea of how the others think of you (maybe in case of such an award we would have to vote for each member of this board and on whom he resembles most).
Anyway, this is just my opinion on your suggestions, so let's see what the others say :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I agree with Malte. there should not be any more import given to a poster with 6000 posts than a poster with 600. I like the Best Rp, most helpful etc awards, i think we should continue thinking of awards in that vein.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Meh...it was just a suggestion...Ya don't know unless you ask!  ;) Just trying to think of some other ways in getting awards across. I reckon we need a few more than just what we've got so far...

I kinda figured the idea of quantitative awards would've got a thumbs down but it was basically a quick n easy idea to get awards going. No big!  ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The fun award about members' resemblance to LBT characters deserves some further attention though as far as I'm concerned. Maybe we should just finish the other awards first. It is definitely something that I think could be done. Only that there are several members here resembling the same character or some resembling several or non in particular. Anyway, I think we should think about it.

Speaking of thinking about something I made up my mind about my philosophers award vote. It sure wasn't easy. Pokeplayer984 and Action9000 both posted very, very thought through and long posts on many interesting issues regarding the land before time. It was simply a joy to read these posts and I read, and reread, and read them again, and read them over again before at last I made up my mind. I nominate pokeplayer984 for this one. Apart from the reasons given above it was him who started many of the threads which turned into really interesting discussions. There are several issues on which I disagree with him, but he made good points for most of his views. Faced with arguments against his points of view he will not simply abandon his points and say "yes and amen" (even if several people are contradicting his views). No way, he will seek for more points supporting his view (and usually comes up with elements which certainly need to be given some thought) while not getting angry if he doesn't convince others. He has no problem to admit if indeed he is being definitely disproven on a particular issue. There are many people insisting on their points, there are not as many who keep comming up with very valid points on matters which are seriously questioned. Sometimes there is more than one truth possible even one contradicting another truth; pokeplayers posts remind me of that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For the record there will be no awards for post counts, daily posts, and all that jazz.

Awards relating to funniest responses to our Caption Contests sounds like a good idea.  Usually most boards I know of that do this stuff make it into an actual monthly contest; we've never done that and its mostly just for fun around here, so I see nothing wrong with someone getting recognition for participating in board games.

The "Most Likely to Be" award is a nice idea, but I'm not sure how it would work...would it be based on past preference to characters?  Some of us show favoritism to certain characters, but what if there's overlap?  There are a few Littlefoot and Cera fans here by the looks of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My nomination for Best Role Player will go to F-14 Ace.  This goes in the record books, but yes, I have actually taken part in a role play here (that American West one in the miscellaneous section) and from what I've seen, F-14 has done well, and kept in character.  I think that role play will continue along just fine.  (Cyberlizard if I could vote for two, you'd be in it too.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Vote Tallies as of 3/27/06, 2pmEST

Best Artwork/Fanart

Threehorn - 2
Malte - 1
Littlefoot1616 - 1

Most Proactive

RogerRabbit - 3

LBT Philosopher

Malte - 2
action9000 - 1
pokeplayer - 1
Roger - 1

Friendliest

Littlefoot1616 - 3
Littlefoot Fan - 1

Best Role Player

Threehorn - 2
F-14 Ace - 1

Most Helpful

action9000 / Malte279 -2 (tie)
RogerRabbit - 1

If you have not put votes in for a specific category because it had not been decided on when you first voted, be sure to add your votes.  ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't yet cast my vote for the "Best Role Play Gamer" award, so I shall do that now.

I nominate Threehorn for his keen interest and long-term dedication to countless LBT RPGs.  It was a difficult call between F-14 Ace and Threehorn because they have both begun their share of RPGs, and shown high levels of participation, though I am appreciative of Threehorn's dedication to preserving the development of various LBT-based RPGs.

Funniest Caption in "Caption this" section, best written LBT fanfiction. What about "most likely to be" awards. Who most resembles character from LBT...Most resembles Littlefoot...or Ducky or Bron... just for a bit of fun really.
I'm very interested in seeing some more "fun" awards pop up, provided they aren't related to post counts, or the like (as Roger and Malte have previously mentioned).  A "Funniest Caption" contest would be an interesting addition, and may attract a little more attention to the captions, which I always found entertaining (if anyone needs LBT screenshots to use as captions, you know who to call :p ).
Though it would be interesting to see some "most like [character]" awards, I too am concerned how such decisions would be reached.  If we can figure something out, I'm all for it, but I'm still at a loss on how to approach such an award.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you, Malte.  Sometimes I annoy others with those, but you're different.

I give the vote of Most Helpful to Malte.  He's helpped me see things more clearly on a number of occasions.  And the least I can do to show my gratitude, is give him the vote. :)

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I nominate malte for the "most helpful" award.  He has always been there and has offered help to whoever needs it.
For the "best rpg player" ,I nominate Threehorn.  He has been at this longer than I have and is better at plot developing than me.  I tend to miss some major detales sometimes too.  
For "friendliest member, I'd have to nominate Littlefoot Fan.  Seems very friendly and courtious.
THat is all I can think of at the moment.  I'll have more later.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's time I cast my votes in:

Best Fanart I give to Threehorn.

Most Proactive I hand over to RogerRabbit.

LBT philosopher is a bit tricky, but I give that vote to Malte, for his strong (and sometimes lengthy :P: ) insights into the world of LBT and a few other topics.

The Friendliest Member Award I give my vote to Littlefoot1616.

The RPG Player vote goes to Threehorn.

The Most Helpful is Malte in my vote.

That's all I have for now.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Vote Tallies as of 4/1/06, 8amEST

Best Artwork/Fanart

Threehorn - 3
Malte - 1
Littlefoot1616 - 1

Most Proactive

RogerRabbit - 4

LBT Philosopher

Malte - 3
action9000 - 1
pokeplayer - 1
RogerRabbit - 1

Friendliest

Littlefoot1616 - 4
Littlefoot Fan - 2

Best Role Player

Threehorn - 5
F-14 Ace - 1

Most Helpful

Malte - 5
action9000 -2 (tie)
RogerRabbit - 1

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most of us still need to cast some or all of their votes. Here is a list of everyone who should still hand in some votes and the awards he has yet to vote for:

Action9000
-   Cast all votes  :)

Cyberizard      
-   Best Fanart Award
-   Best Role Play Gamer Award
-   Friendliest Member Award
-   Land before Time Philosopher Award
-   Most helpful Member Award
-   Most proactive Member Award

F-14 Ace      
-   Best Fanart Award

Littlefoot Fan      
-   Best Fanart Award

Littlefoot1616      
-   Cast all votes :)

Malte279      
-   Best Fanart Award

Mirumoto_Kenjiro   
-   Cast all votes  :)

NewOrder      
-   Best Fanart Award

Nick22         

Pokeplayer984   
-   Best Fanart Award

Raptor         
-   Best Fanart Award

RogerRabbit      

Stitch         
-   Best Fanart Award

Threehorn      
-   Best Fanart Award

WeirdRaptor      
-   Best Fanart Award

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Best Fanart: I am torn apart between Threehorn and Malte.  I still remain undecided on this one.

Best Role Play Gamer: F-14 Ace

Friendliest member award: Littlefoot1616

LBT Philosopher award: Undecided

Most helpful Member Award: RogerRabbit

Most Proactive member: Undecided

I know it seems late, but I have an idea for the Best Fan Fiction award.  If there WAS that award then I would nominate Littlefoot1616.