The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Award definitions and drafts for 2009

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Here are the definitions of what each award is about. Note that we have a new award this year, while one award we had last year was dismissed. The definitions to have been varied a bit from last year:

Award Definitions

The Friendly Member Award is to be issued to the member whom the majority voted for being the most friendly and easygoing in general interaction. It is meant to be a reward to those who contribute to making the GOF a hospitable place through sheer kindness, for those who make people feel welcome around here. Because of the great abundance of generally friendly attitude in the GOF, which makes a decision very difficult, the vote for this award can also be based on individual acts of kindness you experienced from members of the GOF.

The Helpful Member Award is meant to go to the one whom the majority considered most engaged whenever it comes to supporting others when it comes to providing materials (e.g. pictures, music, information) asked for by others.

The Role Play Gamer Award is to be voted for by the participants of the RPG sections of this board. They are to vote for the one who is contributing by writing the most interesting contributions to the RPGs. The frequency of the contributions, and the sheer devotion to RPGs are other points to be rewarded with this award.

The Philosopher Award is meant for those whose posts on LBT matters which are perceived as particularly well elaborated, thought through, convincing, triggering discussions etc.

The Proactive Member Award is meant for those members who are most active if it comes to get new stuff started at the GOF. This includes for example those who make good suggestions for new board sections which have been carried into action or to those who managed to organize activities involving several members of the GOF, but also those who started new LBT webpages or any other LBT related projects which are not quite to be included in the term fanart.

The Fanart Award is for the member whose fanart is particularly appreciated by the members of the GOF for their style, content, and / or simply subjective taste. The fanart award is meant for the kinds of art which is made by a single artist, rather than in a group effort, and which is primarily based on the artists own work rather than a new combination of the work of others. This includes drawings, paintings and LBT figures.

The Projects Award is meant for the artists who create fanart which is either created through the contributions of several people as a group project or which is partly based on the work of others as the case for example with singing projects, music videos, and other GOF projects which are based not exclusively on the work of a single artist.

The Feedback Award is meant to give credit to those who give credit to others by responding to their posts of fanart or projects. Getting reactions to fanart and projects may help artitsts to further improve their work and it can also be a strong motivator for the artists to create and to post their work in the first place. Both the kindness (flaming is neither helpful nor permited nor existend in the GOF) and the helpfulness (it is easy to tell somebody that all is perfect, but it is more helping to tell artists if you see room for improvement or be precise on what exactly it is that you like about their work) of feedback as to let the artist know what the author thinks about his or her fanart are to be taken into account.

Without the constant input and value of our members here at the GOF, we never would have lasted so long, nor would we be as active and prosperous as we are today without their contribution.  There are many of you who keep the GOF going every day through your input and you deserve to be recognized for this too. Therefore the "Appreciated Member" award is to be voted upon after the decision for all other awards has been made. Only those who were not elected for any of the other awards can be nominated for the Appreciated Member Award.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And here are the drafts for the awards from which the winners of this year can pick. Because the number of images that can be posted in a single post I had to post them in several messages:

Friendly Member Award:

Helpful Member Award:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll take that picture of Petrie and his imaginary friend for the Role Play award, it's my favorite of the options.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Take whichever you choose.  Malte has them hosted on photobucket so even if you don't have your own picture host, all you need to do is copy the link.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I don't know if you want us to post our choices in this thread, but I chose this image:

EDIT:  And I shrunk it down a bit.  I don't want my awards to be too large.  In my opinion, the awards should be smaller than they are.  They're just too big...especially when you've got several in your signature.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll take the pIcture oif littlefoot looking back behind him for Roleplay runnerup, and the pic of Spike carrying the two passenger for runnerup for Helpful Award
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I already got the Little Foot swimming one for the proactive award.

Does it look okay?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay! I picked the Ducky one! :)

Looks awesome RatLady ! ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I need to get my signature thoroughly fixed when I'm out of hospital. I made my choice for the Feedback award so you can choose yours from the remaining drafts Kor.
When you, Michael, picked your Philosopher Award draft I can pick mine. Depending on how much internet access I may or may not have in the days to come I can create some award "bars" so to speak. Once a member has at least three awards they can be assembled in ways that look fancy and save some space (from a certain number of awards on it is no longer possible to enter all of them individually in your signature, but you need to combine several into one single image).
Anyway, we'll see.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for your patience. I did pick one out, and tried several times to make it work, but to no success. I was kindly given instructions on how to do it and they were explained well enough that most anyone would understand them. However, as some of you know, I'm the guy that didn't know how to post links for goodness sake, so posting an image in my signature is quite a task. I don't mean to keep seeming computer illiterate, but I was introduced to very few computer applications growing up.

Despite currently being twenty-one, I began learning about the internet not that many years ago, and I didn't use it much until fairly recently- not long before joining here. Living in an extremely sheltered home, internet usage was not available to us kids for quite some time. I uploaded a file for the first time in my life less than a year's time ago. I tend to learn through experience, and computers and I lack much bonding time. I'm sorry, but things you all can do with ease computer-wise, are complicated puzzles for me. After trying to copy an award banner to my signature for nearly half an hour, I took a break, but I will try again soon. I apologize for your wait.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don't woorry Sharp. It took me some time to get my awards in..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You can do like I did, and upload the ones you choose to photobucket.  and you can go there to see it when you want.  I did that.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a good idea. Thank you for your help. I will try that right now.

Edit: Well, that worked out very nicely. Thank you again.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile