The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First drafts for some of the member awards

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Here are the two other New member awards, now with the inscription I left out when I first showed them:

I also made two new drafts for the friendliest and most helpful member award of which there had been only one variant so far:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I think that second one for new members is the one I'd choose (with Ducky hatching).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I like the message, "New Member of 2006".  It says what it needs to say very well. :DD

I must say, I'm the biggest fan of the first banner, with Newborn Littlefoot.  The transition to the blurred section is the smoothest among the two banners.  Your choice of font colour allows for it to stand out.  In the second image, the font disppaears slightly more into the background, due to less contract than the top image.  

I've been looking at the top image trying to find something that could be improved, but very little is coming to mind.  I very much like this banner.

Regarding the second banner, to my eyes, it appears the transition to the Message section is rougher than the Littlefoot banner.  Aside from that, your choice of picture is very appropriate, and I do like this banner as well.  The only other thought I had on this one, was that the 6 in the 2006 text seems to disappear slightly into the background.  Not seriously at all, but more so than the Littlefoot banner.  The colours on the Littlefoot banner make the text easy to see, and the entire image seems natural.  Not to say I don't like the Ducky image; I do, and you did some fine work on it :) Perhaps the Littlefoot image is simply a more appropriate image to do effects like this on, for technical reasons.

Onto the Friendliest member banner:  The first and only minor flaw I see in the Littlefoot and Ducky image is the horizontal "seam" Juuust below the "The Gang of Five" writing.  Aside from this, everything else blends nicely in the banner.  The text colour is very appropriate and the transition to the blurred section from the image is very smooth :)  Overall, I like this banner very much.  The picture is appropriate for the content, and the banner demonstrates its purpose clearly.  Nice work :)

The "Most Helpful" banner has a slightly rough "seam" between the original image and the extended portion of the banner, but this flaw is very minute.  The colour of the text blends nicely.  I like the low-contrast atmosphere of this banner; not too many very dark or very light colours.  It is one of your more colour-conservative banners, and you did a nice job of the effect.  Nothing especially jumps out at me as being as cause for concern on this one.  The choice of picture certainl suits the nature of the award.  I like this one very much as well :)

Excellent work, Mate :wow

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Thank you very much Tim!   :)
This is exactly the kind of constructive criticism I always crave to get!  :yes
This really helps to make things better! You are perfectly right about every single flaw you pointed out and there is not a one of them which could not be eradicated with just a few tiny changes. Thanks a lot Tim! The improvements shall be made.