The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

what do you think makes lbt so special

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
well its the same reson why i love eminem, the emotion of the first film is the only film that ever makes me cry, there was a message that some kids dont have realy anthing left to live for, that you should be kind to kids like that and try your best to help them but now it just all these emotionless CGI films like ratatoie, hornton here a who and the ice age thay have no message as far as i can see, it no wonder why i love horror more than kids films

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I believe its unique-ness is by far the greatest factor in its overall likability.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I think what I like most about it is the fact that they stick away from the childish cheesiness while maintaining a children's film.  There are a few parts in all the LBT sequels and tv eps that make me cringe from cheesiness (like the oops-eeps song and the beginning of "imaginary friends"), however unlike most innocent films like this, it's not all cheesy.  They can show life lessons and such without it sounding like a little kid acting out some stupid script.  The only thing I can think of to make LBT a little better is to add a little bit of male/female intimacy relationships.  Not anything big, but like LBT 4.  No more than the amount in LBT 4, and they could make the show a tiny bit better.  I guess it's so favored because there's really no improvements they could make to it (well, now there are a few, but those are just inconsistencies which will probably be filled up in later sequels/tv eps).

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I feel that what makes this so special to us here is that most of us grew up with LBT. Now I know most folks will tell us to 'Act our age' and 'Grow up and take responsibility'. I personally believe that these movies and the series as a whole keeps that spark of childhood burning inside of us.

Whenever I see a commercial or watch one of the movies or TV show, for a few fleeting moments I do feel like a seven year old kid again, but that's just how I feel about it...although I would be pleased to hear other members feel this way too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does that likely with many who watch it, especially those who can relax and watch it.  It may have other qualities to some, like great music, ect, a good story, movie, episode, with some humor and funny scenes with no sex, excessive violence, ect.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
i like the movie because it is cute, funny sometimes sometimes sad it makes me happy watching it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Now I know most folks will tell us to 'Act our age' and 'Grow up and take responsibility'.

Yeah, I've gotten that before. <_< Only from people I didn't really know and didn't know me though.  Once they see that I'm actually mature for my age, they don't see me as a demented three-year-old anymore. :rolleyes:

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
for me, it would have to be because i grew up with the movies. the first one i can remember watching when i was about 3 years old. and because of that, the series will always be special to me above all else :).

i dont care if people criticise me for it with all the "grow up" and "its for kids" stuff. its important to me, and thats all that matters :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, that is all that should be important, but sadly many people feel different.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile