The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Always the Same Sun

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Finally! A new chapter is done! Here's chapter thirteen everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------

The Final Showdown

Pterano sat in his cave next to his unconscious son. He just hung his head in shame, not shamed of Devon, but shamed of himself. This is all my fault, he thought to himself. If only I had been there like a real father would. Oh Devon, please forgive me…

“Dad?”

That recognizable whisper snapped him out of his thoughts as he wasted no time kneeling by his son’s side, taking his hand as he did so. “How’re you feeling?”

“Okay, I guess.” He lowered his eyes, taking a sigh of disappointment. “I’m sorry I couldn’t-“

“No, no, no,” Pterano cut him off, rubbing his hand gently. “I’m sorry. I should have been there for you, not laying around like a coward.”

Devon chuckled weakly. “Dad, don’t be so hard on yerself. It’s not your fault. You were hurt!” Pterano just sighed in a disappointed yet comforted response as Devon gripped his hand tighter. “Hey, it doesn’t matter anymore. We’re together now, you see? That’s all that really matters…”

Pterano smiled lovingly at his son, bending down to nuzzle the blue flyer’s beak affectionately. “You and your way with words, I’m so proud of you, Devon.” He gave him a kiss to the forehead.

“Thanks, Dad…”his voice drifted off as the father and son smiled at eachother for a meaningful moment. Pterano then frowned, realizing that if he doesn’t stop Sierra soon, he’s bound to kill someone Pterano loves. Of course the first logical option was to stay in the cave to be with his son, but his son was almost killed. Pterano wouldn’t be able to live with himself if something bad had happened to Devon.

The blue flyer noticed Pterano's gesture, he stared up at him with pleading eyes. “Dad, what’s wrong?” he asked in a soft voice.

“There’s…something I need to take care of. I’ll be right back…I hope.” Pterano replied as his voice drifted off. Now Devon realized what Pterano was talking about as he gripped his hand even tighter.

“Wait, you’re leaving?” the blue flyer pleaded as you could easily tell by his eyes that he wanted so badly for Pterano to stay.

“Just for a little while. I shan’t be gone long, I promise.”

“No! I won’t let you leave. I can’t. I need you, Dad!” Devon pleaded as tears began to form in his eyes. “I want you to be with me…”
Pterano sniffed, placing a hand on his son’s cheek. “Oh Devon, of course I will. Even if you can’t see me…” he gave him another kiss to the forehead. “I love you, my son.” With that being said, Pterano took off into the stormy skies, ready to face the flyer that he now hated most.

Lightning flashed in the sky as Sierra lurked in the woods, trying to come up with a better plan. “Stupid Rinkus…stupid mega biter…” he muttered to himself, kicking dirt around. “Why does everyone have to foil my plan?”

A lightning bolt lit the atmosphere as Sierra could have sworn he saw a figure in the trees. He wondered if it was his imagination, or just some tickly fuzzy in the trees. It was too dark to recognize. He took a wet tree sweet from a tree and stuffed it in his mouth. He dropped what’s left of the tree sweet to the ground as he saw the figure again. It wasn’t his imagination, and it definitely wasn’t a tickly fuzzy. It was something else.

“Who are you?” he called as fear began to crawl up his spine. “Who’s there?” he received no response, only cold wind blowing through his wings. “Show yourself! Or…or I’m coming in after ya!”

But still the air remained silent around him, save for the thunder and lightning and the wind. At the moment, Sierra was filled with fear for he felt like pray for a sharptooth. Every now and then, he would spot this mysterious figure out of the corner of his eye, but half a millisecond later, the figure would be gone in flash.

Sierra took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down, heart pounding in his chest. He took a few steps back to be stopped by a tickling sensation. He gasped in utter fright, moving his arms to touch this sensation. He was so relieved to find out that he had only backed up into a tree; he sighed and closed his eyes. What he didn’t notice was that the figure was beside him as it slowly turned its head towards him. What Sierra heard next nearly made him jump.

“Hello Sierra…did you miss me?” it was a mere whisper, yet sounded very familiar…and it sent chills down Sierra’s spine.

The brown flyer shivered in fright as he slowly turned his head to face whatever had made that mere whisper to be greeted by a red fist to the face. Sierra stumbled back, but caught himself before he could fall on his tail. He brushed himself off as he stood up to face the last dino on planet earth he would want to see.

He smirked evilly as half his fear escaped his body. “Pterano, my old friend, it’s been a while, hasn’t it?” he chuckled. “I’ve gotta say, ya had me for a second there.

“Give me one good reason why I should let you live.” The red flyer growled, taking steps towards his former comrade.

Sierra laughed. “Well Pterano, yer gettin feistier every time I see ya! Funny, I was just talking with Devon-“the brown flyer was pushed against a tree as Pterano held him there.

“You leave my boy out of this!” he snapped, gritting his teeth. “You hurt him badly enough!”

Sierra pushed the red flyer off him. ”Will you ever learn to keep to your own business, Pterano? Seriously! First the stone, then my revenge that was going just fine until you showed up and started corrupting my son-“

Pterano was filled with rage; Corrupting your son? Corrupting your son!? Oh gee, that’s a good one! For your information, Sierra, I’m the one that’s been raising your son! The red flyer slapped him across the beak. “He was never your son in the first place! I’ve cut you lots of slack over the past years but you’ve crossed a line!”

“Oh, did I now?” Sierra chuckled. “Well, you haven’t been such as saint yourself, Pterano.” He was cut off when Pterano punched him in the face.

“Shut up and fight, you coward!” the red flyer growled, getting into a fighting stance. “You’re going to pay for every thing you’ve done to my son.”

Sierra shook his head. “Oh, ho, ho, ho, now am I? Well I guess we’re gonna have to see about that, now aren’t we?” with that being said, Sierra took off into the sky as Pterano fallowed immediately after.

The red flyer appeared out of the tree tops to see absolutely no sign of his former comrade whatsoever. He looked to the left, and then to the right and all of a sudden, he was knocked higher into the air by a brown fist. “All these years and you still haven’t learned this trick.” Sierra chuckled, crossing his arms coolly. “I thought you were smarter than that, Pterano.”

The red flyer regained his flight, brushing a hand across his lower beak to feel a slimy sensation sweep across his claw. He brought up his hand to see a few drops of blood staining his claws. He clenched his fists and lunged for Sierra…only to lung for thin air instead.

Pterano stopped himself before he could plunge into a tree as he again regained his flight, trying to figure out what had just happened. It soon became obvious though. Sierra had dodged the blow.

“Is that the best you can do?” Sierra taunted, fallowed by an evil laugh. “That mega biter musta knocked you out real good.” Pterano cut him off as he lunged at him, knocking him into the ground.

He landed next to his former comrade, kneeling next to him, noticing that he was unconscious. He picked up a sharp rock, pointing it to Sierra’s throat, going for the kill.

About ten to fifteen seconds later, Pterano still held on to the sharp rock. Was he really going to do this? He pondered. And if he did, what would Devon think of him? Would he still except him as a father even though he was a murderer? Pterano had no idea. But he did know one thing:

Devon would be highly disappointed in him if he did.

Pterano dropped the rock, standing up on his feet and took a deep breath, pondering over what he should do with the brown flyer. But there was one flaw Pterano still need to learn. Never let your guard down.

Suddenly a pair of strong brown arms wrapped themselves around Pterano’s neck. “Did you really think that you could get rid of me, Pterano?” Sierra scoffed. “I gotta hand it to ya though, you had me there. You really did.” Sierra brought up the sharp rock and drove across the red flyer’s chest and then up to his neck ring, creating a forty five degree angle. “But not anymore.” He gripped Pterano’s neck and dragged him along the ground, pinning him against a tree. He tightened his grip. “You really shouldn’t have come here.”
he pressed harder as Pterano began to gasp for air. “You would’ve lived through this if you stayed home. Foolish.” Pterano struggled to break free as he began coughing uncontrollably but it proved to be worthless. “Squirm all you’d like. It ain’t gonna do ya any good.”

Lighting struck the tree, catching it on fire as it began to fall to the ground. Sierra immediately let go of Pterano, fleeing to safety.

“UNCLE!! WATCH OUT!!!”

Hearing his nephew’s loud cry, Pterano gathered all of his leftover strength and jumped to safety before the tree finally landed on the ground with a hard thud. He bounced on the wet grass before crashing on his back, coughing out his blood.

“UNCLE!!!” Petrie screamed at the top of his lungs, hopping off a tree branch above and landed beside his wounded uncle. Sierra got up on his feet and made his way towards to two flyers.

Pterano just embraced his nephew, holding him protectively against his chest as he could only watch in fear as Sierra approached them. “D’aww…isn’t that sweet.” The brown flyer mocked. “Like uncle, like nephew, eh? Too bad, I’m gonna have to kill you both.”

Petrie buried his face into his uncle’s chest as Pterano tightened his arms around him, providing a protective shield for him. “Don’t you dare harm my nephew!” he snapped. “He’s too young!”

Sierra rolled his eyes and gawked. “Does this look like the face of someone who cares?” he chuckled evilly. “If he was smart, he wouldn’t have come down here. It’s a shame really, he seemed to be the kind of kid you would want for a son. But…oh well.”

The brown flyer was about to lung for the uncle and nephew when yet another force rammed into him, knocking him to the ground. This time, the force wasn’t a flyer, but a threehorn…a green female threehorn. “Leave them alone, you sick jerk!” Layla shouted as her brother landed beside her.

Sierra gasped, then shrugged it off, standing up on his feet. “So you, too have betrayed me, eh?”

“Come off it, Sierra!” Jordon snapped, getting into a fighting stance. “I’m sick of your dirty lies!”

Sierra gawked in response. “Do I have to kill you guys, too?” he picked up a rock and was about to lung at the young threehorns when an even stronger force rammed into him, swooping him in between the horns, causing him to drop the rock next to Pterano.

“Not while I’m around, you’re not!” Mr. Threehorn roared, gritting his teeth and glaring right into the frightened brown flyer’s eyes. “Take it away, Pterano.”

“Gladly,” Pterano picked up the sharp rock and stood up next to the hanging flyer before him. “This is for my boy.” He whispered darkly in Sierra’s ear before plunging the rock into his back. Mr. Threehorn shook his head, tossing the brown flyer over the cliff.

Too bad for him, it wasn’t a straight fall. He smacked a rock on the way down, bouncing off the sloping sides of the cliff several times before rolling rapidly on the hardest rocks and finally, he slammed into the dead mega biter, his body landing on top of it. Sierra…was no more.

---------------------------------------------------------

Man! That's a long chapter! Sheesh! Took me like what, five, six hours?

And here's a tip for all those young writers out there: NEVER write anything scary at night.

Enjoy. :smile
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
What a great story there. I really love it a lot.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
YAY!! A NEW READER!!! SWEET! Well I'm glad you like it, Petrie85. You're support is appreciated.

And so is yours, those who read and review. :yes
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thank You for that. Yes I love to read Fan Fictions. They're great. Looking forward to your next update.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, FINALLY managed to catch up with it all.

Jeez, so Sierra's dead? 0_0 Wow, didn't see that one coming. Some pretty good action, and good story too. I take it that was the climax right there, eh? Sierra's been dealt with, for good. The twins have reformed, and even Mr. Threehorn came in.

Glad I finally caught up with this, though it looks like there might not be much for me to correct in terms of future chapters. :p Anyway, the story improved I'd say, even though the beginning wasn't really all that bad. I just think it got better as it went. :)

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
So it isn't just me! Whoo! I thought I improved quite alot over the last few weeks. Horray for fast improvement! Rock on!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Intense chapter... I liked the part where Pterano was struggling to decide whether or not to kill Sierra - by resisting that urge, it showed how strong his bond to Devon really is. Nice chapter  :D

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Thank you Bush. I'm glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy more of my stories to come.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yikes! Late review is late! Oh well, better late than never, right? :p

Like bushwacked already mentioned, pretty intense chapter. Very nice emotions you showed there with Pterano struggling with himself whether or not to kill Sierra, I really liked how strong the bond is between Pterano and Devon, like you said, wondeful father/son couple. :D

Hope to see the next chapter up soon! :)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Sorry for the LOOOOOONG wait. I was, as you may know, visiting my family. :lol So here's the long waited, very short, but very sweet chapter fourteen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After the Storm

Pterano stood on the ledge of the cliff, watching as Sierra made no movement at all. His breath was heavy, his heart was poundinging in his chest as though it wanted to escape his body. His eyes then fixed on the finally fading storm, smirking in success as he stood up in pride.
"Uncle Pterano!!!"

The red flyer turned his head to be greeted by a certain young hatchling throwing his arms around his neck, causing him to collapse to his knees due to the momentum. Without even thinking, Pterano wrapped his arms around the younger flyer's waist, pulling him close. He pressed his nephew tightly against him, never wanting to let go. They stayed that way for what seems like hours, crying silently in great relief.

Pterano slowly strolled into his cave, despite the pain it sent to his already battered up body. He took a deep breath, trying to ooze the pain as he stepped closer to the sleeping Devon. He sat down beside the blue flyer, placing a hand upon his shoulder. Devon opened his eyes, gazing at the older flyer. "Dad?" he muttered sleepily.

"How're you feeling, son?" Pterano asked, hoping that his son would be okay.

"Much better..." Devon smirked. "Dang, these treestars do do the trick..."

Pterano chuckled heartily. This boy really knew how to lighten the mood, even in times like these. He laid himself by his son, still patting his shoulder lightly. "So...did you win?" Devon asked.

"Oh Devon...I promise...he won't hurt you ever again." Pterano promised, nuzzling his son gently.

Devon just smiled in response before drifting off into a sleep once again. Pterano, noticing this, bent down and gave him a goodnight kiss on the forehead. He was about to head outside to get fresh air but he was stopped when he realized that Devon never let go of his hand. Pterano chuckled, laying next to him before pulling him into his arms. His spirits lifted when he felt the sleepy young flyer scoot himself closer to his chest, nuzzling him gently. He was so thankful to have such a sweet, innocent, young boy as his son. He fell asleep that way with a smile on his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter! Short, short, SHORT!!!! But a short chapter is better than no chapter at all. :lol

The next one will be ALOT longer. That I can promise you...

I love Pterano and Devon... :lol

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, Devon.. Sierra will never hurt you again.. Yay! Pterano finished off Sierra!!!

HOORAYY FOR PTERANO!!! :D

Awwwwwwwh...and I loved it when Devon fell asleep and nuzzled up to Pterano...after getting a kiss from his father.. :) That's so warm and tender..

This chapter was pretty short.... (I know)..but I liked it...

Devon is saved! Sierra is dead! And Pterano's hugging sleepy Devon in his arms. Awwwwwwhhhh :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was a great story right there. I really enjoy it.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Anyway, I forgot to tell you, there is only one chapter left in this story. (sigh) It was fun writing this story...

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Finally caught up! and yeah, not much to say that hasn't already been said. My favorite part would oddly enough be one of the smaller plot points going on on Jordan and Layla's turn around, and of course Mr. Threehorn for once helpign Pterano, though that pattern probably won't continue ;)

Well too bad only one more chapter but I await that one :DD

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: trulyfantasticme,Jul 12 2011 on  08:00 PM
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Anyway, I forgot to tell you, there is only one chapter left in this story. (sigh) It was fun writing this story...
You're welcome. Anytime. Are you going to write another story or take a break after this?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you gonna put the final chapter or so up soon? I can't wait to review this for the Fanfiction Awards! :)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I want to read the final chapter as well.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
And JUST when I thought I would never finish this...WHEW!!!! This was a looooong chapter. But at least I kept my promise. :smile

---------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue: Apology

Morning rose over the horizon as Grandpa Longneck called a meeting. The discussion: more protection over the Great Valley...and a few apologies needed to be made. For example, by Grandpa Longneck's orders, Mr. Threehorn definitely owed SOMEONE an apology. The old triceratops stepped forward shyly as Pterano was all ears.

He sighed. "Okay...umm...this isn't going to be easy so I'll cut to the chase. I'm sorry," that earned a warning glare from the apatosaurus beside him as well as from most of the Great Vally. "Okay fine. Pterano...I guess you kinda deserve this..."

"I'm listening," Pterano told him calmly, though it wasn't a statement of him being cocky, it was him listening to his apology and secretly hoping for a better friendship with the old triceratops.

But he was too stubborn for this. "Okay, that's it! I even tried to apologize and you're just treating me like an eggstealer!" he snapped at the red pteranodon before him. "Well, I oughtta-"SLAP!! The tail whip came from Grandpa Longneck, who glared at him angrily. "Ow! Okay! Okay! Sheesh! Bossy longneck!" He sighed, trying to find the right words so he DOESN'T get slapped again. "Pterano...I know I have been a bit too rough on you-"

"A bit?" Tria asked as she halted beside him, also listening to his apology.

"Tria, do you mind? Here I am trying my best to apologize and THAT is NOT easy to do!"
Yet another slap came from the longneck beside him. He glared up at him with a "What did I do now?" look while the longneck just returned a look that clearly said, "Do as you're told."

"Okay, way too rough on you." He gave his wife an 'Is that better?" look before turning back to the red flyer. "You didn't deserve that, in fact you didn't deserve any of the critizism I gave you during your stay. I guess I should have just been grateful that...if it wasn't for you, my little Cera wouldn't be here with us...and neither would I. And I couldn't be more grateful for that, so thank you, Pterano...for all you've done for this valley...And I'm sorry for accusing you of kidnapping Devon."

As Pterano listened the the old threehorn's apology, he couldn't help but form a smile of gratitude on his face. He suddenly felt as though he's been lifted into the Heaven's and everyone would be cheering for him. It was a feeling that he barely ever got to experience as a kid and of course as an adult. And for the first time in his life, he felt like he had been cared for...by many. Like he was appreciated. And for the first time ever, he looked at the valley as his family. A hand was placed on his shoulder and looked and saw his long lost wife, Haylie. They haven't married, yet, but they litterally felt like husband and wife, even after all these years of thinking they've lost eachother. His smile grew wider as he felt her hand slip down his arm and into his.

"You may now kiss the bride, Pterano." Grandpa Longneck told them, smiling down at them. Pterano gazed up at him all confused, but as he saw that smile, he could tell this would be the day he and Haylie would finally get married. Without asking questions, he pulled the purple pteranodon close and kissed her full on the lips. She closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his neck as she moaned, deepening the kiss. Listening as the crowd around them cheered, he tightened his arms around her and lifted her up for a little bit.

The happy couple finally broke the kiss and smiled as everyone cheered for them. She leaned on his chest, enjoying his presence. She was so lucky to have such a fine husband like him. And brave too!

The next few days, as planned was spent on building a better, stronger wall then the last one. With the help of almost everyone in the Great Valley, the wall was made bigger than the one before. They made sure it was strong enough that it would last and most importantly, it would protect the Great Valley in the years to come.

Layla strolled through the Hidden Forest, just taking a walk and taking in the scent of the forest. All of a sudden, she heard a twig crack behind her. Having such stiff feet, she wouldn't have felt it if she did step on a twig. She looked under her feet, but only to see nothing but dirt and grass. "Hmm...strange. Probably nothing."

She moved on, shrugging it off. But perhaps a good five to ten seconds later, another twig snapped...fallowed by a silent growl...and a shadow pass from one tree trunk to another.

She turned around and what she saw next sent her running and screaming out of there.

Pterano sat on the ground, surrounded by his nephews and nieces and Devon. He flapped his wings rapidly, sending wind towards the youngones as he was in the middle of another one of his adventurous tales. "So here I was on the ground, fighting for dear life when all of a sudden, out of the trees jumped a vicious sailbacked sharptooth." The young ones gasped in shock. "He had the meanest look in his eyes, like a hunger for fless and blood. As he approached me, I could do nothing but prepare myself for a slow and painful death that I was so sure I would recieve. But the strange thing is-Ooof!" the red flyer ended up on the ground, under the wieght of the frightened triceratops that stumbled on top of him, only beak and limbs sticking out. The young one and Devon laughed. "Haha..." he faked laughed along with them.

"Goodness, Layla!" Devon said, covering his stomach due to the pain from all the laughing. "Are you okay? Why the rush?"

"Bone...crushing...trouble...breathing..." Pterano managed to squeak out. Layla climbed off Pterano, sighing heavily. Pterano sat up, shaking his head. "Oohhh...my head..."

"I just saw a monster in the Hiddn Forest!"

Pterano chuckled, standing up on his feet. "You saw WHAT in the forest?" Devon spat out.

"No..." Pterano said in denial.

"Yes! He was about to grab me!"

Pterano chuckled yet again, placing a gentle hand on her back. "Calm down, Layla. It's probably just a tickly fuzzy. You know how those can be."

"Oh, it wasn't that! This thing had the longest claws and it was reaching out to grab me!" Layla pestured. "Come with me and I'll show you."

Just as Layla suggested, Pterano strolled with her through the Hidden Forest, leaving behind Devon with the youngsters. They came across the spot werre Layla had her...strange encounter. "There." She pointed to the bush with her horns. "That's where I saw the monster."

Pterano turned away from the young tricertops to explore the bush, moving the branches in doing so...only to see nothing but more forest. He came back out, empty handed. "Layla, there is nothing there. Whatever it is you saw, it's gone now, alright?"

"Alright...umm...Pterano?" Layla suddenly remembered what she needed to do.

"Yes Layla?"

"Umm...I...I...just want to apologize for what had happened last week."

Pterano cut her off. "Layla, it wasn't your fault. You must'nt put yourself to blame for this."

"But it IS my fault! My brother and I were out in the Mysterious Beyond searching for shelter. We came across Mr. Sierra and he claimed to be lost as well. We almost had nothing in common, but we did want revenge on you-no offense-we really did. Sierra wanted it just as bad. He told us he would take us in as his own children if we helped him." She sighed, a tear falling from her eye. "I'm so sorry. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive us?"

Pterano was in utter shock as she talked about what had happened with them and Sierra and how they all wanted revenge against him. He wasn't surprised, he was used to this kind of thing. He started to feel for her as she moved on to becoming Sierra's children. "Some father he was..." that statement buzzed through his head like a million fireflies. He clutched his fists as he thought of Devon and when he would show up at his cave all beaten up and crying. It made the red pteranodon sick to his stomach.

"I wouldn't blame you if you wanted me out of the valley..." Layla drifted off, hanging down as she sniffed.

To her surprise, Pterano placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, kneeling by her. "Now you listen to me, Layla," he told her in a voice so calm it caught her off guard. "Somebody once told me, nobody is perfect. You can try to be as perfect all you want, but you're only going to fail and screw up your life. You HAVE to make mistakes in order to learn. I had to learn my lessons the hard way. Do you think I was happy to be banned from the valley? Of course not! Because being alone and defenseless sucks. And if it wasn't for Devon, I most likely would have became sharptooth meat." Layla giggled at his comment, but then she hung her head. "Layla, look at me." She obeyed. "We're not going to kick you out of the valley, however, you are going to have to tell your folks about what you did."

"What? But you said-" She started but was cut off by the old pteranodon.

"Tell them or I will."

She sighed, she absolutely hated it when the grownups cut her off like that, better yet catch her off guard. "Alright, I'll tell them."

Pterano smiled at her before quoting one of the wisest longnecks he had ever came to meet. "A real leader would take the credit when things are good and the blame when they go bad."

"Yeah, you're right, Pterano. I'll go do that right now!"

"That's the spirit! Now run along. I'm sure you're parents are awefully worried about you."

"Will definitely do! Thank you Pterano!" she shouted back at him as she trotted into the distance. Pterano sighed as he watched her, giving himself a pat on the back; Excellent job, Pterano...excellent job.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Devon landed beside him. "Well that was nice, eh Dad?" the blue flyer chuckled, nudging him playfully.

"Yeah." Pterano continued to stare down Layla's path.

"So...you wanna race, old flyer?" Devon challenged, elbowing him gently.

Pterano chuckled; Of course. Devon and his races. "Have I ever turned you down before?" But before the father and son could really do anything, a silent growl took place could be heard, causing Pterano to jump a little. He gasped, looking into the bushes.

Devon tilted his head curiously wondering what had startled his old father for he didn't even hear the growl in the first place. "Dad, are you okay?"

Pterano snapped out of his thoughts. "I could have swarn I-" He cut himself off. He knew Devon would get scared easily and didn't want to cause any panicking. It was better that he didn't know, he decided. "It's nothing, let's just get out of here."

"Okay Dad, race ya!" Devon shouted, shooting himself into the sky.

"Hey, wait for me!" Pterano fallowed suit, as they flew off into the sunset, completly unaware of the fact that they were being watched. This time, not by a couple of flyers, but by something else...something dangerous...

Another growl could be heard, louder this time and long, razor like claws appeared out of the bushes, fallowed by a grayish green arm, shoulders, neck and then...a pair of piercing red eyes. The creature growled, and then disappeared back into the bushes, never to be seen again until the next few years.

--------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!! Now that is ONE BIG CHAPTER!! :lol

And that's the end of the book. I've had a tough time with this one, but I made it through. And I like how it turned out. Totally proves that I have improved alot since Lost in a Forest.

Anyway, people, I'd like to thank you for your kind reviews. It couldn't be more appreciated...even though I was a bit impatient sometimes. I'm trying to be more patient, its just NOT that easy.

I will be writing a series of oneshots like I did last time. Finally have the freedom to do so! :celebrate Especially that one idea I had in my head for about a month now...

And by the way, this chapter took me ALL DAY to finish: From 1pm to now! That's TWELVE FRIGGIN HOURS!!!! So YOU ALL BETTER GIMME MY FEEDBACK OR IMMA SLAP YOU WITH THIS TREESTAAARR!!!!!  :lol Just kidding, but seriously...LEAVE FEEDBACK!!!!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, here I am reviewing at 3:25 in the MORNING. I am absolutely crazy. I just hope you're happy, TFM! *Shakes fist*

That's it, huh? Wow, I'm actually suprised at the ending. A Cliffhanger at the very end of the story, and not to mentiong that even the last sentence is a cliffhanger! Dang it! Honestly, I really hope that gets explained. I dunno, could be really good story material, just sayin'. :smile

Mr. Threehorn's little part of that, was probably one of the most funny situations I think he's ever been in out of all the stories I've read. And Grandpa's "encouragement" made it just that bit more funny.  Nice.

And that concludes that. The story has been wraped up (mostly), and finished. Great work and I hope to see that oneshot out soon. :yes

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, not going to read the epilogue right now, sorry about that. I'm going to reread this whole story from the beginning to refresh my memory of the story, then write a review for it for the Fanfiction Awards. Now that this story is DONE, I can finally review it, yay!

Imma TIRED from work last night! I gotta go crash soon.

if your interested, since I have your story saved on my computer (Like every other story entered in the awards), I can tell you that this story is 99KB long. (101,657 characters to be exact!) I'm guessing that will take me about 2 hours or so to reread.

I'll try to make that review long, insightful, and delicious.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)