The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regular Power Rangers

Kor · 25 · 2512

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Took me a few days to work up to nerve to post this to see if there may be any interest in an rp on perhaps earth with the more regular power rangers, based on the version from the various tv seasons seen.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 You mean, like to do a Power Rangers rpg?, that should be nice, but I'd like that story to be for something new, not a fan story for one of the series, maybe a completely new team of Rangers, that can help creating something without restrains :yes .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, I was not sure which way to go and thought it better to see what those interested wish to do.  A totally new team, a mix of new and old, something else, ect.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would definitely be interested in a regular Power Rangers RP with human characters. I could see a mix of new and old, like the Forever Red episode with the first 10 red rangers, but I find creating a ranger to be pretty difficult. You would have to come up with tyour own morph sequence, title, costume, color, etc...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
You know I'm all for this...I grew up with the original power rangers. Should we post our ideas here as well?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Same here! The original Power Rangers was what inspired me to take karate.

I would think we would post our ideas here, so let's come up with something amazing!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, we can post our ideas and see what we come up with.  Some things to consider are if we want it to be all oc's, a mix of oc and fc's, if certain seasons of the show are canon as happening.  Also if Zordon is around still, or is this a version where he never existed, or did once, Alpha 5, ect.  

Another idea is if some are having problems with making certain aspects is they could maybe, depending what we come up with, say some could pick a past team, and instead do an fc, or do an altered version where, say one was the blue x ranger but either instead of the tv fc who was that ranger it was either your character or the fc passed the power on to your character.

I've not seen forever red but I do like the idea of maybe the team being different types of rangers.  I think they did a mix also in another season I think called something like "Once a Ranger."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you go on Youtube, you'll find countless videos of the Forever Red episode, and they did Once a Ranger to celebrate the 15th aniversary of Power Rangers I believe in one of the newer seasons.

I like the idea of using made up characters but having them use the original powers from the tv series. I've just seen through experience that people have trouble trying to come up with their own powers.

If people aren't sure of what the different seasons are, I could post a list for you guys. In fact, I think I'll do that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a good idea.  It may save them the time from looking online, and giving them basic knowledge if they lack it of certain things.  

I assume most would prefer it set in modern day earth?

I think the once a ranger was during the Operation Overdrive season, one I've not seen, apart from the morph of the rangers during the Once a Ranger episode & a bit of the Forever Red episode and their morph sequence.

This was not the first time former rangers have appeared after they had left the show.  The second black ranger appeared in an episode of Rangers in Space.  Though since his morpher and morph coin were broken he could not stay morphed very long.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is one of the exciting things about Power Rangers, how do they manage to get Rangers from previous stories in cool crossovers. We could, somehow, manage to do the same with the story been planned here :DD . Well, the crossover idea may only work if we make a story in the human world. If a PR-like story is also made LBT-style, then it should be like a season 1... unless the could gather info from previous GVRangers, but no crossovers, to avoid complications.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I decided I'm going to post imformation about each season in a seperate post. This will save the trouble of making an extremely large post.

Well, here goes the first part. I'm starting it on the next post.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Story:This was the first season of the entire franchise. To make a long story short, two astronauts accidentally released Rita Repulsa, a witch who was locked way in the moon for a long, long time. With her minions, she began to make plans to conquer Earth. However, Zordon, a gigantic floating head locked in a time warp, along with his robotic companion Alpha 5, selected five teenagers to become the Power Rangers and defend the Earth against Rita and her monsters.

Rangers: These are links to pictures of the original rangers. Later on in the show, a green ranger was added, making the team six. However, he lost his powers, but returned as a white ranger.

Red Ranger - Tyrannosaurus/Ninja Ape

Pink Ranger - Pterodactyl/Ninja Crane

Black Ranger - Mastodon/Ninja Frog

Yellow Ranger - Sabertooth Tiger/Ninja Bear

Blue Ranger - Triceratops/Ninja Wolf

Green Ranger - Dragonzord

White Ranger - Tigerzord/Ninja Falcon

Ninja Ranger Form - In the third season of this particular era, the rangers lost their original powers and gained new ones, becoming ninja rangers.

Weapons: These are the weapons the Rangers used. I might not be able to find pictures of all the certain weapons, so please bear with me.

Blade Blaster
This has two forms. A blaster form, and a dagger form.

Dragon Dagger
This was a specific weapon of the green ranger used as a blade and to call the Dragonzord.

Saba
This was a specific weapon of the white ranger used as a blade.

Power Weapons - I am unable to find pictures of these weapons, but I will give a short description of each weapon.

Power Sword - sword for red ranger

Power Daggers - two daggers for yellow ranger

Power Lance - Double sided three pronged spear for blue ranger

Power Bow - bow and arrow for pink ranger

Power Axe - axe also used as cannon for black ranger

Zords pt.1: These are the individual zords used by each ranger. They do combine to form the Megazord, however I do not find it necessary to post a link because I don't think we will be using every ranger from the first season. I will repeat this idea for all the seasons. Anyway, these are the rangers' first zords.

Mastodon Zord

Triceratops Zord

Sabretooth Tiger Zord

Tyrannosaurus Zord

Pterodactyl Zord

Dragonzord

Tigerzord Form 1

Tigerzord Form 2

Zords pt2: These are the thunderzords. The green ranger kept the dagonzord, and the white ranger used the tigerzord.

Red Dragon Thunderzord

Black Lion Thunderzord

Blue Unicorn Thunderzord

Yellow Griffin Thunderzord

Pink Firebird Thunderzord

Zords pt.3: These are the rangers final zords, the Ninjazords during the third season. This time, the white ranger changed zords as well.

Red Ninja Ape Zord

Black Ninja Frog Zord

Blue Ninja Wolf Zord

Yellow Ninja Bear Zord

Pink Ninja Crane Zord

White Ninja Falcon Zord

Morphing Sequence: This is a link to a video that shows the morphing sequence of all forms in the Mighy Morphing Era. It gets repetative, but as long as you get the idea:
Morphing Sequence

Common Enemies: These are the two common enemies the rangers faced.

Putty Patrol - These were the most common enemies fought in the first two seasons of the Mighty Morphing Era. Although somewhat weak, they are hard to fight in great numbers. The only way to destroy them is to hit the "Z" in the middle.

Tenga Warriors - These crow-like creaturs appeared in the third season of the Mighty Morphing Era. Rita and Lord Zedd (both shown in links below) creaed these to replace the Putty Patrol, and the Tenga proved to be much more difficult to fight.

Major Enemies: These were the two main villains the rangers faced.

Rita Repulsa - The evil witch who was released from many years locked away in the moon. She created many monsters and used her wand in order to make them grow.

Lord Zedd - Evil mastermind who replaced Rita after her constant failures at trying to conquer the Earth. Zedd possesed a staff with a Z on the end that shot electricity at others. He uses bombs to make his monsters grow.

Well, here is all the important things to know from the first era. If you want to know anything else, please proceed to this website below. I got everything from here, and I don't feel like posting anymore.

Power Rangers Central Database

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting bit of information.  I had forgotten some things about the first season rangers.

The crossovers and appearances by rangers from previous seasons is nice.  A crossover with the rangers from the other rp, if both get off the ground?  Is that what you mean?  It is possible, but I'd guess it would require either a time rift or somesuch like that, or at least 1 member or the time force going and, for some reason, picking up one team to help the other out.  Unless we make up that this team has access to time travel or the rift warp thing mentioned before.

Anyone have ideas they wish to discuss or are most still reading & thinking about things?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I completely and fully edited my gigantic post, and I'm sorry for the length. Maybe next time I will shorten them and only include the rangers and not everything else.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe do 1 per day or something like that, whatever schedule you like.  Hopefully this may help to stimulate some ideas among those interested.

Do you have any ideas, things you would like and would like not, to be be in an rp?

Thanks for the web site, I didn't know of it and it may help others.  There is a Power Rangers wiki I found.  

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I suggest for the common enemy we use the Putty Patrol because everybody oretty much remembers them. If we wanted to add another one in later we could worry about it then.

I'm not sure how we would do a Megazord because we are most likely not going to have all rangers from one era. I guess we could just say that the zords combined into the Megazord and leave it at that.

For a villain, I would say create a villain completely from scratch, but someone would have to rp as them to show what he/she is planning to throw at the rangers next.

For choosing our characters, I think we should either post them here or make another topic for that purpose. Where we post it, this is the skeleton I suggest:

Name
Username
Ranger Color
Ranger Era (Mighty Morphin, Turbo, Lost Galaxy, etc...)
Ranger Weapons (Limit to the ones the ranger normally has)
Ranger Zord (Limited to the ones the ranger normally has. If there are more than one, select only ONE.)
Appearance
Personality
Short Biography

Finally, we should come up with a location on Earth for this rp. The first series created Angel Grove, California. Would we want to use that or make something else?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If someone other then the gm wants to do the head villian they would have to work with the gm, pm stuff back and forth, talk on im, ect.  

I have a few char ideas, not sure about the teen or about 20, though I do have some ideas, just not sure if I want to pick a certain morph sequence from the show or make an original one.  The other idea I have likely may not fit, but that is ok.  

Is it just us 2 interested or are the others just thinking and not sure what to post yet.  I've noticed in watching a youtube file of most of the morphs most of them use cell phones.  

I agree the putty patrol may be the best foot baddie to use if most or all know about them.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here is the first draft version of one of the characters I may be using.  I"ll likely need to edit till I get to the final version.

Name : Douglas Brown  (Blue Serpent Ranger)
Ranger Color: Metallic Blue
Ranger Era: Most similar to Mystic Force
Ranger Weapons:  sword
Ranger Zord : Naga (can shift into humanoid combat mode) [He merges with it, instead of entering it as with most zords].

Morpher :  an ancient amulet he usually wears under his shirt
Morph Call : "Release the serpent."
Morph Sequence: He does some hand & arm movements then makes a diamond shape over or around his amulet as he says his morph phrase and similar to the mystic force rangers morph a mystic symbol appears overhead and lowers, changing him.

Appearance: metallic blue with the image of a coiled serpent on his chest.
Personality: shy, has an interest in magic and mystic stuff, likes some video games and fantasy stuff.  

Short Biography: He and his father found the magic amulet at a dig they were at.  It was over the summer and he was with his father at a dig site for part of that summer, his father being an archaeologist.  They found the amulet When ever the father went to write down the amulet in the list of things found in the site he kept being distracted by minor things, whisperings and would overlook and forget it only to remember later. They had dreams for a few nights till the father decided to just give it to his son based on the various events and pretend the amulet never existed.  

He always liked snakes and had an interest in mystic and similar things.  He started having dreams and eventually started to do as the visions and such suggested as well as looking up stuff like meditation, relaxation, centering, grounding & similar things like that.   Then during meditation he would sometimes be visited by the serpent as well.  It started to each him things, mainly only how to center himself, relax, ground himself, find a place of peace within and hold that, and the basics like that.  It did tell him some things about itself, like it's being very ancient, and having various names.  Some not known to mankind and some forgotten, but a few still remembered or rediscovered like Buto, Damballah, and others.

Don't  fear his wiping off spells like some fiction would have him do.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If folks have problems making an oc ranger maybe some here would not mind if some fc's were used.  As long as the rangers are more or less on the same power level, any thoughts?

Also as to different era and types of Zords merging, maybe that is an ability I could add to Douglas's Zord, some sort of magic merge spell.  That could explain how different types and eras could merge into a mega Zord, any thoughts on that?

I just did this separate post here so it would not get mixed in with my character post above.  I also have some ideas on a 6th or 7th ranger I may do.  He would be tech based.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name: Zack Squall (Black Dragon)
Username:
Ranger Color: Metallic Black with gold armor over his shoulders and hips.
Ranger Era: Jungle Fury (Closest match)
Ranger Weapons: Dragon Fans, Sword, Sonido (Shamisen sword)
Ranger Zord: Black Dragon-Zord humanoid, booster with other Zords
Morpher: Dragon Pendant around his neck
Morph Call: "Dragon Art!  Transmute!"
Morph Sequence: Armor forms behind him, and he backflips into it.
Appearance: Black armor, sword slung across his hip, Dragon crest on his chest, Shamisen on his back.
Personality: Extroverted, showy, and likable, though quiet.
Short Biography: Zach Squall is a cheerful, showy, young man who trained in martial arts since youth.  He received his amulet from his teacher when he came of age at 18.  He favors his steel fans in battle.  He is perhaps slightly too trusting, but he has a good intuition.