The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Might start an RP, wanna join?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just a suggestion.

Since I got here I've been playin' in some RPG's, both here and with friends from home. I fancy it, and so I thought about making something up myself.
This is the plan:

I've been thinking of a LBT/The Power of Five RPG.
For those who don't know, "The Power of Five" is a collection of fantasy novels, written by brittish author Anothony Horowitz.

Hard to explain, but Wikipedia's an old friend of mine. Plot, characters etc etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_Five

The official website (cool!)http://www.powerof5.co.uk/flash.html

Check the links if you want to, but in the end, it will just be inspired by it.

I'm not fully done with the RP plan, but give me some time and it might be something! I'd sure like if it would!  :yes

What I do know:
It will be inspired by The Power of Five, not copying the plot completley, that would be... more or less impossible.  :blink:
We need people (both main characters and side characters)
We need villians
You can see the connection? The Gang of Five- The Power of Five?
Your own characters are welcome!
Yes, it'll feature magic, very powerfull magic at times... we might have to discuss what.

Possible? I think so!  :^.^:
If you want to help me, please do, my first attempt to make an RP, so...  :unsure:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never heard of the book series myself.

With magic and such one thing you need to do is to take steps so players can't abuse that and get uper powerful characters, or ones more powerful then the other players, since some humans really do enjoy that, some of what some folks who have played some pen and paper rpg's call power gamers.  

You'd have to detail the powers and abilities so folks will understand them, and put in rules and limits to prevent, or hopefully make abuse impossible.  Also will the characters be divided into roles like scout, warrior, scientist / scholar, or not.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds...interesting.  I suppose I will join in!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, that's great!

The magic used in the series are the following:

Telekinesis – the ability to manipulate and project pure energy in order to move objects. (My favorite, both in the series and in general!  :P: )
Precognition – the gift to see events before they happen.
Healing – the ability to cure others using mystical energy.
Telepathy – the ability to communicate using the mind as well as to control the thoughts and actions of others.¥

And we might add some of our own, or replace the above completley.
Thing is, as Kor said, how're we gonna adjust magic useage?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One is if anyone has precog that is strictly under the gm's control, not the players.  The others it may be needed to outline what is allowed, what is possible and what is not possible.  For Telekinesis, shoving and pulling small objects only, people, cars, trains, buildings, Enabling yourself to fly?, only external, can't effect yourself, ect,

For healing, is healing instant, does it take time, ect.  For telepathy what sorts of things can one do, and not do, limits, ect.  

What are the limits for each, at least roughly and maybe at the beginning the limits may be less then later on once you say folks have enough experience so their new limits are xxx.  

Also power level could be different from skill level.  One may have high power but not be able to do much, low or mid power but have superb skill so they can do amazing things even if their power level is low.  It makes sense, to me at least, that power level and skill level could be 2 different things.  

Just a few ideas.  I guess it'd be humans?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If there is magic or magical creatures, I'm in. I could possibly do elves, if that is allowed.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Or is it set in LBT?  If so I"d guess dinos only?  

If in LBT it may be interesting to see which abilities fit which fc's best.

The abilities seem to be more like psionics then magic.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wonderfull that some want to join!

Kor, LBT/cty_lover, I haven't decided yet.
Lots of things that I have to figure out that can work togehther, such are worlds, characters, magic usage, only LBT or mixed/strict humans/LBT.

I don't know just yet, I want the plot to make some sorta sense.

Kor, I don't know about what level/power the magic use should have in this RP.
I don't want it to become an example of "bad" controll though.  :rolleyes:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wanna join :) Going to look for the books in the library today.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
YOu can also read some of the wiki entry, avoiding the part that talks about the book plots to get some basic information.  

Some things do indeed have to be decided.  First where will it take place, modernish earth, lbt, somewhere else.  What will be allowed for pc races, Lbt type dinos only, only humans, other?    

Some ideas are you can set the rp on earth but with a different set of characters then in the books, where the chosen ones, or whatever they are, are different then the ones in the books.

Another is the same sorta stuff is happening, but on LBT instead of earth.  Or you could make up your own world too, or do something else.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Couldn't find them in the library, that's ok though. I'll get my knowledge of the internet.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm gonna sit down this evening and work on the plot.
Then we'll know what it'll be, with characters, worlds, etc.
If anyone has example of magic usage in RP's that doesn't include dices, do tell, okay?  :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can give some examples of how I was taught and how it was done on some mushes I was on.  

Of course the gm, if there is one and in forum rp there always is one, different on some mushes, mucks, mux's, but as I was saying the GM has final word.  But usually the players post trying to do something, and either the GM or the other player, if the character is done by another player decides.  If it is npc's the player is trying to use their power against, or shoot, punch ect, it is the gm, unless the gm says that these are stock npc's so do what you want, as happens on some places like a Ninja Turtle Mush when some were fighting the foot.  

-----------------------------

As an example the pose would not be:

Splinter using his cane hits [bad guy] in the head and knocks him out.  

I was taught to instead do:

Splinter uses his cane to try to hit [bad guy] attempting to knock him out.

So for telekineses it a better post may be:

[PC] concentrates and tries to use his power to shove [bad guy].  

and not

[PC] concentrates and uses his power to shove  [bad guy].

Not sure if I explained well enough.  And not sure of the power levels you'd be setting so wasn't sure how to explain, hope I did well enough to show what I meant.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
NOTICE: All who posted interesst here, please refeer to the new topic:
The land before Time-"Defenders of GV"
Here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=3807.0

As well for anyone who want's to join, feel free to check out the topic linked above!  :yes

Or admin might delete this topic.

Thank you!