The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saved Words

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
In English class I was re-introduced to "saving words" this is the act of writing down a word you hear that sounds interesting and using it later for something, be it a story, a poem, or just to sound smart :p

What you do: Post a word, define it, and if you want, also use it in a sentence
You can also say where you heard this word, and why it caught your interest

I'll start (obviously)

Solipsist: One who believes "My mind is the only thing that truly exists"

Also can mean egocentric, or self-centered...

That guy is such a solipsist, he won't let you debate with him, he only believes what he thinks, no one else matters.
(After reviewing recent topics I've been active in, I must state to better comfort certain people, that this sentence refers to ABSOLUTELY NO ONE)

I heard it watching Penn and Teller's show, which I can't say the name of on these boards... because of profanity rules... ironically, I heard the word in their Profanity episode... (season 2, episode 10)

It caught my interest because it sounds fairly poetic, and, let's be honest, you don't hear that word very often

(I didn't know whether this'd better fit here or party room, because it kinda reads like a game, but it seems like a good writer's tool)