The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time SUCCESSFULLY reached 21

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Today is 11/18, the Land Before Time's birthday (and NOBODY mentioned it yet here, God!)
Movie is now 21 years old.... and Universal has done NOTHING to celebrate it last year when it was 20

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh god. The LBT is 21, finally drinking age lol.

In all good fun and kidding, could you imagine any of the LBT characters drunk? :blink:

I know that's terrible, so all joking aside happy birthday LBT!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think to Universal, The Land Before Time died BEFORE it's 20th Birthday.

However, to us, the fans, it's still alive! :)

So, without further ado, Happy Birthday, Land Before Time! :birthday

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I actually made it a point to finish writing my LBT story by today, so that I could post it in commemoration of The Land Before Time's 21st anniversary.

Happy star day, LBT! :birthday Here's all the dino emoticons, come to celebrate: :DD :cry :lol :p :wow :oops :confused :smile :! :anger :angel :rolleyes :idea :neutral

I think I'm going to go watch it now. Anyone else?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, first off I apologize to LBTlover for stealing this and editing it without his permission.

In all honesty, if I had like a few more weeks I would've done one from scratch.  Instead, enjoy this weak Photoshop'd banner.

Once again, LBTlover, sorry for stealing it, but I needed something like NOW!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Ummmmmm......I don't know what to say.  Well, other than to suggest you reevaluate your Photoshop skills Pokeplayer.  That looks HORRIBLE.  You'd be much better off making your own from just a random snapshot.  You didn't even crop the image correctly....... :blink:

But anyways, on topic here....21 years.  Geeze it's been a long time.  Well, maybe I'll make an anniversary banner for TheLandBeforeTime.org.  I'm thinking of redoing the entire site anyway.  It has some outdated code and the design just doesn't fit in my opinion.  I'm gonna work on it.  But man.....21 years.  I'm old. :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 18 2009 on  10:20 PM
Ummmmmm......I don't know what to say.  Well, other than to suggest you reevaluate your Photoshop skills Pokeplayer.  That looks HORRIBLE.  You'd be much better off making your own from just a random snapshot.  You didn't even crop the image correctly....... :blink:
Yeah!  I know!  It is horrible! -_-

That's why I said I needed a few weeks in the first place.  At least then I would've had time to think it over.

Maybe if I start now I can do something GOOD for year 22.  I mean, that should be plenty of time to make it good.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're kidding... right?

11/18 is also the birthday of jasmijn, might be for that reason that she dislikes lbt so much :p

Anyway, happy birthday LBT! :D Many more years to go ^^

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Was it the first day it was shown in US cinemas?
In Germany I think it took another half a year (even more I believe) before it was first shown.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Nov 18 2009 on  09:54 PM
Oh god. The LBT is 21, finally drinking age lol.

In all good fun and kidding, could you imagine any of the LBT characters drunk? :blink:

I know that's terrible, so all joking aside happy birthday LBT!
Horrible as it may sound, it would be hilarious to see the Gang after havin' a few :spit.  Aside from fermented sweet bubbles, I think our pals would have a taste for the following based on their personalities and mannerisms:

*Littlefoot- Merlot

*Ali- Champagne

*Cera- Whiskey :D

*Ducky- Pina Colada

*Petrie- Mimosa

*Spike- Budweiser

*Chomper- Samuel Adams

*Ruby- White Russian

I'm sure they'd be interested in other drinks, but this is just my guess of what their preferences would be.  I once had a dream in which Ducky put away a pint o' Guiness :blink:.  The following emoticon puts it best on how she was afterward: :crazy.

:lol

Of course, this is just for fun.  As dinosaurs, they're still kids, so no way would I be caught serving alcohol to minors :p.

Anyhoo, a big fat belated starday wish to my absolute favorite series of all time, and all the characters I've come to adore over the years :birthday!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday LBT! Thanks for all the joy, memories and new friends you've given me.
 :D  :birthday  :celebrate  :D
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: thebigdeal,Nov 18 2009 on  08:55 PM
Movie is now 21 years old.... and Universal has done NOTHING to celebrate it last year when it was 20
Well there was a 15th anniversary not so long ago... so maybe we'll see something when 25 years have passed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I actually have one story idea in mind in which at least some of the LBT characters (Cera and Petrie being my main candidates) would get a "hangover" from eating fermented fruit. It really does happen in nature and I think that it could make for some real funny scenes though in the story they would have rather dire consequences :p

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
well this is a surprise...the LBT is 21! :party In any case happy 21st Land Before Time and here's to hopefully many more.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hahahahaha, I'm sorry but the talk about drunk LBT characters literally had me rolling on the floor in laughter.  In fact I'm going to take a crack at predicting what they would be like.

Littlefoot: Emotional drunk, better bring a tissue or two

Cera: Be afraid, be very afraid

Spike: We don't know, his body metabolizes the alcohol faster then he can drink it

Ducky: Party Girl!  :p

Petrie: The little guy is out cold after only two beers

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Even if Universal have ditched the series, I guess it's down to us as the fans to keep the magic alive eh? And that looks like that's exactly what we're doing!  :DD

:birthday Happy 21st Birthday Land Before Time! :birthday

Would be nice to see if Universal could come up with a 25th anniversary edition of the original movie. But I guess we'll have to wait and see if anything comes along. Maybe we should partition to have 18/11 a national holiday in celebration of LBT  :lol National LBT awareness day!  :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
a 25th anniversary special, would be nice indeed.  

On the other hand, what if Universal did a reboot of LBT like has been done with some other things recently, Battlestar, Star Trek, Batman, ect?