The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time SUCCESSFULLY reached 21

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Nov 20 2009 on  10:58 AM
On the other hand, what if Universal did a reboot of LBT like has been done with some other things recently, Battlestar, Star Trek, Batman, ect?
That'd put me on Cloud Nine for awhile :D.  I just keep tellin' myself they've just delayed future projects for the time being, that's all :yes.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy 21st Birthday Land Before Time  :birthday   :celebrate

the series may be dead to Universal, but to us it will never die  :cheers

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be surprized if NBC Universal tried to test the waters in the next 10 years or so.  If they really have cancelled any current projects I'm sure one day they will want to see if they can make any more money of LBT

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Oh well, I don't suppose I will make myself very popular with that comment, but it is easy to say that for Universal's the land before time died and that to us it did not. And of course there is a lot of truth about it.
But before the thought is pursued any further in the direction of going on about how bad Universals is for abandoning the land before time I think the question must also be permitted how many fanfictions have been written that could reasonably be turned into a movie? It is easy enough to be annoyed about what others apparently cannot do, but before that annoyance is turned into an outright complaint we should also take a look at what we are creating ourselves on the basis of which people at Universals could have continued the sequels or the series.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
This is in response to an above comment about rebooting the series:

"Let sleeping dogs lie." Seriously, the series has ended and there's no guarantee that they wouldn't screw it up. Let it be.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
we're not going to see any new stuff for awhile imo..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Just rereading the Wikipedia article, and noticing something:

* The Land Before Time (1988)
    * The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure (1994)

* The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock (1998)
    * The Land Before Time VII: The Stone of Cold Fire (2000)

* The Land Before Time XI: Invasion of the Tinysauruses (2004)
    * The Land Before Time XII: The Great Day of the Flyers (2006)

LBT has had gaps before. One of them was for 6 years. They may not be planning any more sequels, but the future is always in motion.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
True, however the 6 year gap was a period where producers weren't likely sure they wanted to make a sequel to LBT, or were dealing with that concept in some way or another.  It may have taken half of that time before they even considered an LBT sequel, let alone playing with ideas and selecting one. The gap was 6 years because I suspect most of that time was LBT stagnating until somebody came up with the crazy ideal to make a sequel.

At this point, the only possibility is that the opposite is happening: That they're going to, at some point, start debating about whether to continue making sequels.  As far as I can tell, this debate has been decided on at that point when the office was shut down.

It's true, it could re-open, Negative profits and a shutdown certainly aren't good signs though.  The only thing that could revive it now, as far as I can tell, is a serious fan with a lot of money and crazy enough to battle the negative image the series has had for years now with the general public (as sales numbers prove).