The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 224232

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Sounds like a plan" Subject 16 told Shelton "Count me in the first team" he then looked over to Jayden and the others, but to Shakila in particular.

Shakila sighed a little bit "Either Team B or C for me, I guess it doesn't really matter, since both seem to be doing the same thing, just at different areas"

"I'll help out with Team A as well" Jayden added in.

"I'll stick with Hailey here" Kiara told them as she looked to Hailey as well "So really, any team for us should do it as well"

Aimee however, folded her arms as she thought the plan through a little more herself, glancing to the map "What about that office there?" she asked, tapping the circled number 11 "What if Zenarchis is in there already? Shouldn't someone go over there and check it out as well? Cause I could go and get that done as well, since the office is a bit away from Lab 101, I mean, no offence or anything, it just seems that some of this plan seems a bit....broken sort of thing you know, I mean, you said to leave the Other Projects alone, yet, what if they decide to activate the projects as we're assulting Lab 101? We wouldn't want to have to deal with anything else in the process, so really, sending a team over to that area should be essential as well, take out whatever it is we can before getting to Lab 101, so we can focus on that, and that alone"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The first target of the satellite was the unmanned spy plane, which exploded into a fireball as the missile homed in on it is a matter of seconds...

The satellite then sets its targeting on the enemy planes...

----------

"We lost Crimson SpyEye!"

"An AA missile?  Where did it come from?"  Sterm replied.

"Not from the ground, sir.  It may have been orbital."

"No AA weapon can be orbital!  Unless..."

----------

The convoy of US armored vehicles began to close in on the area where the truck was detected last before the spy plane was destroyed.  They were given a good description of the truck and its protection for them to find...

----------

With the rest of Crimson Squad fully recovered, they waited on standby for further orders...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Zachary nodded and glanced at Hawkeye and Alfred. "Hawkeye, Alfred, you two disable the other projects that Aimee mentioned.

"Why me?" Alfred asked. He was confident of his own strength but fighting a biomechanical war machine was not something he looked forward to.

"You're like the only person here who can actually stand up to one of those things in a straight up fight."

Alfred groaned; he was not going to get any other options. "Aisha, Dr. Landon, you're helping Hawkeye and myself disable those experiments," he said with a sigh. He the grabbed his shotgun from the back of the van and started loading it.

I'll take Cpl. Stern and Neville to see if Dr. Zenarchis is there," Dr. Zanasiu said, getting his shotgun from the back and loading it.

Neville retrieved his rifle and pistol from the trunk of his car and loaded them both.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soon enough, Subject 19 was bought into the detention centre.  The syringe of liquid she had on her, was taken off her and put away while she was kept in a cell with guards keeping an eye on her.

She had sat down in her cell, just smirking to herself as she eyed each of the guards.

Footsteps were heard, Subject 19 looked over to see an army general approach whom looked at her for a second before looking at a guard "Make sure that thing does not escape"

"Sir! Yes sir!" one guard replied back saluting to the general.

Subject 19 however, got up and walked over to the general, snorting a little as well "You do realize that a cell, such as this, can't hold me....however, before that happens, might I know the name of my captive?"

"General Thunderbolt Ross of the US Army" the general answered her back "That is all, something such as yourself, needs to know, one creature, whatever it is you actually are"

"I'm a vulpine" Subject 19 sneered back to him.

"You may think that you're a vulpine, but you forget that those claws you can form, takes any sort of vulpine desency away from yourself" General Ross replied back to him with a stern sounding voice as well.

Subject 19 sneered some more as she formed her claws and took a swing at the general, only for him to move back some to which her guards, opened fire on her.

She was gunned down in her cell, falling to her knees as she was bleeding with a bit of a growl, her wounds starting to heal back up again as she looked to the guards once again....she needed to escape.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Anthony put his empty tray in the tray receptacle and motioned for the others to lead him. "I'd like to see this prototype for myself," he said. "I haven't actually gone back and checked with Bradley yet."

Dr. Falco nodded. "This way," he said, motioning to Dr. Joe and Mr. Anthony.

Dr. Bjerling crossed to the intercom. "Bradley, we're coming back," he said, pressing the button.

"Roger," a deep voice said back. "Everything is in order."

Dr. Bjerling fell in line behind the others.

---

"Capturing Zenarchis' office at the beginning would be nice, but notice it's right next to a lookout post," commented Shelton, tapping the cigarette burn right next to the eleven. "We'll have to approach the office from the back, and that means infiltrating the camp first."

(OOC: Serris, you should probably describe the prototype, since I don't know what it's supposed to look like.)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The satellite begins launching several more anti-aircraft missiles from its hull into the stratosphere...

----------

"We got another missile launch!  Now confirmed to have been launched from orbit!"

General Sterm pounded the console.  "Damn!  Dragonstorm's got something up in space to watch their backs!  Get me the U.S.S. Winchester!"

----------

The fighter wing are now aware that their guide was destroyed by a mystery missile, now they received warning of more enemy missiles are inbound...

----------

The convoy reaches a clearing to reveal a busy gas station...and some very familiar white box trucks in their view.  They quickly turn off the road for the gas station, fanning out in a perimeter as some of them drove all the way in...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Dr. Falco led the group the rear area of Crimson Base. He passed by several soldiers and other scientists.

He stopped by a heavy steel door. A blinking card reader was next to the door and a placard that read "Authorized Personnel only. Biosafety Level 4" was on the door itself. Another placard next to the door read "Biological Agents Laboratory."

He slid his card on through the reader and opened the door to reveal a standard locker room.

Both he and his companions stripped totally naked and donned light blue surgical scrubs and a surgical cap.

They then passed into the second zone, which was illuminated by the deep blue of germicidal ultraviolet light. The door seemed to stick slightly thanks to the fact that the second zone was under negative pressure. They passed through a shower stall that was also lit by UV light.

"All right, you know what we're supposed to be working on, right?" Dr. Bjurling asked as he donned some clean white socks.

Dr. Falco nodded as he donned socks as well.

The group also donned radio headsets.

The group then finished donning the socks and headsets and headed into the staging area. A desk with a telephone was on it was present as well as a sign that read "Remember to tape up your gloves and socks". A sink was also present as well.

Anthony opened the drawer and grabbed a box of latex gloves and a roll of tape. He donned a pair of gloves and started taping them up.

After several minutes, the group had already finished taping themselves up and headed into the antechamber where the blue plastic "space suits" hung.

A placard on the wall read "Remember to inspect your suit for damage".

Dr. Falco examined his suit, which had his name printed on it, and donned it. Dr. Bjurling helped him get the helmet on.

Soon, all of them had connected their suits to the air hose, inflated them and checked for leaks. with soapy water  

"Ready to enter the room of doom?" Dr. Falco joked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Dr. Bjurling replied

The group then headed over to a heavy stainless steel door with a warning sign bearing universal biohazard symbol and another warning below that which said "Danger! Biohazard! Do not enter without ventilated suit."

Dr. Falco strode to the door, unlatched it and stepped into the dimly lit decontamination shower. The two other scientists followed him and the door clicked shut.

Dr. Bjurling unlatched the other door and stepped into a grey, well lit cinderblock corridor. He hooked his suit up to one of the yellow air hoses  that dangled from the ceiling and entered the nearest lab whee he hooked it up to a new air hose. The others followed his lead.

Dr. Bjurling spotted Dr. Bradley working inside a fumehood. He was pipetting a clear liquid into some eppendorf tubes.

"Dr. Bradley, how is work on the bioweapon coming along?" Dr. Falco asked.

Dr. Bradley appeared to ignore him until he finished pipetting the liquid and placed it in the centrifuge. "Some other scientists and myself have worked on a virus based weapon. As you are all aware, prion based illnesses have a long incubation time. The prion takes weeks to manifest and months for it to take full effect. We modified an encephalitis virus so it would only attack the brain tissue of psi-experiments," he said.

(OOC - Wall of text but at least I did my research on the operating procedure of a biosafety level 4 lab!)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Subject 19 eyed each of the guards one final time, her claws were still ready as she healed back up properly and without a second thought, she dashed forward reaching through the bars of the cell and impalled one guard through the eyes with her claws before taking his weapon off him and aimed it at each of the guards as she opened fire on them.

In a minute at most, all guards had been killed as she threw the gun aside and walked over to the door and kicked it open as it shattered with her strength as it swung open, to which she walked out.  She first needed to get her syringe back, as she still had plans for it.

Subject 19 walked down one of the hallways with ease, keeping her claws active still, in case she had to kill more guards.

One guard in particular saw her in the distance and turned to run off to go and tell General Ross that Subject 19 had escaped.

"It's what!?" General Ross asked back with gritted teeth as well.

"Escaped sir, I don't know how, but she's managed to escape, and she looks pissed off as well" the Corpral told him back.

General Ross gave a nod back to the corpral "Thank you Corpral, take Sgt. Castle here and do what you can to stop that monster, we do not need it getting to the syringe"

The Corpral nodded back and looked over to Sgt. Castle "Come on Frank" he told him as he rushed off with Sgt. Castle following him.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Slash and Agito studied the map a moment longer.
"We will go with Shakila."

Agito said, and Slash nodded.
"Keep her safe."
He added, as Neku looked over the map.  
"Well, wherever I end up, I'd like to be with Hailey...So that's where I'll go."

Hawkeye nodded.
"Either team B or C works for me.  I'm...not the best at stealth."
He chuckled, as Ryu placed an arm around Kiara.

"As much as I'd like to stay with Kiara, I think my talents are best utilized in team A."
He said calmly.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
However, as time liongered on, at least five minutes worth, more guards were killed, along with officers as Subject 19 had soon enough, found what she was after, her syringe of liquid, to which she took off out of the facility having escaped for the time being.

"Sir....she's gone, she took the syringe with her" one guard told General Ross with a salute as well.

General Ross slammed a fist down upon the table "Alright, that thing, code name, Athena is now loose in Southport with a syringe of liquid that can create monsters.....place the whole city on quarrantine, we do not need another repeat of the Raccoon City incident"

"Sir! Yes sir!" the guard replied back with another salute and marched out to get troops together in order to put Southport in quarrantine.

Kiara gave off a light little giggle with what Ryu had just done "Well, just be careful alright, I don't want to have to loose you hun"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Mr. Anthony nodded. "Nice seeing you again, Fenton."

"And you, Wayne," Bradley bowed his head.

Anthony noticed another individual, an anthro dragon, in a small room connected to the lab. He didn't have an ID card, or any indication of rank. He was lying facedown in a small cot, a handheld game console hovering in the air front of his face.

"You look familiar," said Anthony. "Do you work at Crimson Base?"

"He was an experiment at Pelvanida," said Bradley. "He arrived a few days before you did."

The dragon hoisted onto his elbows and turned his head toward the group. "Siberys," he introduced himself, using an intercom system connecting the two rooms. He noticed Dr. Joe, and his wings flapped in recognition. "Josephine! You're well! How have you been doing?"

(OOC:I got lbt/cty_lover's permission to reintroduce his character back into the RP, public domain. I have an explanation planned, which Siberys will be telling Dr. Joe shortly.)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
(OOC: Alright, I'm jumping back in here. If my characters are misplaced, please let me know and I shall change whatever needs to be fixed.)

Stern and Aydin were not sure which teams would be best for them to join.

"Aydin, do you know a lot about this place we are supposed to be... infiltrating?"

"I'm not sure if that is the best word for it, Stern. And no, sadly I don't."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We've made some changes," Dr. Zanasiu said.

Zachary finished loading his rifle. "Hawkeye, we've suggested that you go with Alfred, Aisha and Dr. Landon to disable the other experiments," he said.

Alfred cleared his throat. "Okay, are there any weak points in the Dragonstorm experiments we can use to quickly disable them?" he asked.

"Back of the neck where the organic neural tissue connects with the artifical neural network. Severing it, either by a gun, knife or pure strenth will render the experiments unable to do anything," Dr. Zanasiu said.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
understood " dr Landon replied ' Lead the way Hawkeye, we'll cover you from behind.. just out of curiousity, how many experiments are we dealing with here?
_ Well we can count them after we disable them" Aisha replied, brandished her gun " much safer that way.. now come on.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Uh, why is Siberys in a level 4 biosafety lab without a protective suit like the ones that other scientists are wearing? I assume Dr. Joe is wearing a  "space suit" similar to the ones that Dr. Bjurling, Dr. Falco, Dr. Bradley and Anthony are wearing.)

"Corporal, Cobalt Squad - except Crota and Masters - and myself will be disabling the phone line. Hans, Werner, PFC. Reynolds will be attacking the backup phone lines. Spc. Crota, Sgt. Masters and Kagetora will be attacking the back up generator. Alfred, Hawkeye, Dr. Landon and Aisha will be dealing with the other experiments. Dr. Zanasiu, Zachary and Aimee will raid Dr. Zenarchis's office. We haven't figured out what to do with Dr. Bailey, though," Neville said.

"All right, everyone, check weapons!" Cobalt Leader said.

------------------------------

The driver of the lead truck spotted the convoy of US armored vehicles entering the gas station. She inhaled her drink, coughing as she did so and snatched the radio. "Move out! We've been spotted!" she barked.

She hastily started the engine and pulled out, not caring that she had just backed into someone's very expensive Lexus.

The other vehicles followed, again they paid no heed to the fact that they damaged other people's vehicles or even narrowly missed running over several pedestrians.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: I was going to explain that once I gave Dr. Joe a chance to reply to Siberys' greeting but I guess I can just say it now. and I changed it so Siberys is in a small room connected to the biosafety lab. I assume they could build a "safe room" if it were never opened?)

"I've been on my own since the terrorist invasion of Pelvanida," explained Siberys. "I didn't want to be locked up as an experiment again, so I crossed the border into Canada. I've been avoiding using my powers, and have tried to fit into a normal life, but it never worked."

He sat up fully. The console clattered to the floor. "I learned about Dragonstorm from a young sergeant named Frederick. About how all of you were devoting your lives to destroying them. I shut down one of their bases for you in Alaska, and then returned to help you with the rest. And I figured the most helpful thing I could do is give you a test subject for your bioweapon."

Anthony looked at Bradley. "We're using him as a test subject?"

"Since he's neither an American citizen nor a registered experiment, it cuts down on the paperwork," Bradley replied. "Nobody else in the base knows he's here; he's quarantined to that room."

"We also don't use the weapon on him," added Dr. Falco. "He's merely a source for cells or proteins, or whatever we need to test. Once we're certain the bioweapon is ready and non-lethal, he'll the final test."

"Won't that rob him of his powers?"

"That's what I'm hoping," cut in Siberys. "Then maybe I could live a normal life."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - Ah, now it makes sense. Siberys volunteered himself for the test. Not it makes sense that he was placed in an isolation room set off from the main level 4 biosafety area but still with its own airlock and decontamination showers.)

Dr. Bradley looked at Dr. Falco. "You do realize that the modified encephalitis virus I am working on does not merely disable the powers of psi-experiments? It is specifically engineered to sicken and kill them. The prion takes weeks to months to work and it may very well cause something like Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease," he said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"The virus can be tested and perfected merely with cell samples," Dr. Falco retorted. "The prion process is what we're trying to speed up, and since it focuses on the reactions between the brain proteins and the rest of the victim's body, it needs to be tested on a living patient before it's effectiveness can be guaranteed."

---

Shelton looked at Aydin and Stern. "Aydin, you'd be a big help in Team A," he suggested. "You were great posing as a Dragonstorm agent in Trinity, and that's what everyone in Team A is going to have to do. Stern, Neville and James want you to go with them to try and capture Dr. Zenarchis in his office."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Kagetora nodded, resecuring his mask onto his face.  "Alright.  I'm ready."

Hawkeye nodded, sliding his force cannons into their sleeve parts.  
"Likewise.  But what about Neku, Slash, and Agito?"
He asked...

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, Anne had returned to the lab.  She took the long route to where her station was located so that the homicide clean-up crew would be left uninterrupted.  As soon as she reached her station, Anne tried to preoccupy herself by looking at specimens to take her mind off of what she had witnessed.