The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ovie [and other new characters of the series]

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
You mentioning rooter just gave me a weird idea of having Rooter return. I don't know why.

And actually, Ruby could still be an Oviraptor.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hey Wr this may be a bit offtopic, but have you checked out the "awards' thread? We need everyone's imput, before we consider doing it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen it. I just haven't come to any conclusions yet.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So count you amoung the 'undecided' then...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nah, I just gave RogerRabbit my input.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I don't believe in any connection between Ruby and Rooter.
The names sound very different and with the very, very few references to earlier LBT movies we had so far I consider it very unlikely that they would pick up Rooter of all characters. I could imagine that many members of the younger audience might not even know on the spot who Rooter is. Also Ruby will be spoken by a Aria. Aria's voice suggests that Ruby is going to be a young character.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I never said that there was a connection between Rooter and Rudy. I was joking. Although seeing Rooter return would be a sight for sore eyes. I wonder whatever happened to that him, anyway.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I think Rooter was just one of those "bridging" characters that kept the plot flowing. He tries to move Littlefoot along when he could have just wandered around on his own constantly mourning for his loss. Tries to give him some means of focus and something to look TO rather than regretting what HAS happened in the past. But as you said WeirdRaptor, it would be a nice touch to see the old geezer again! LOL :lol Just for that nostalgic taster of younger days eh? :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps it would just be a nice feeling to know that after he helped Littlefoot as much as he did, that he survived to the end of his natural life, or is still alive.  Seeing him again, even as a quick "cameo", wouldn't be a bad idea to include at some point in the TV series.  However, perhaps the crowd that would be most likely to watch the series would hardly recognize Rooter even if they saw him.  Even so, I think such an addition could bring back, as you stated Littlefoot1616, fond memories of the good ol' days B)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
True...It's always the avid fans that remember or recognise little minor details that producers sneak into productions. Some are obvious whilst others require a little more searching. I'm sure we'd all spot Rooter from a mile off but maybe a younger or fairly new fan to the series might just regard his reappearance as nothing outta the ordinary. It all depends on how deep you are immersed in your fasination with something. (I mean that purely in a good, innocent way ;) )

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just wonder what the show will be like.  The suspence is overwelming.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With a little more patience...I'm sure we'll find out! :^.^: But ditto on the suspense! LOL :D

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, I just really want to find out who this character is going to be.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ten bucks says that this is just a way of getting people interested and then have Ovie just turn out to be a guest character for one or two episodes.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
then have Ovie just turn out to be a guest character for one or two episodes.
That probably actually isn't a bad idea.  I'm not too keen on the idea of adding more permanent characters to the LBT series.  I wasn't very happy to see Tria stay at the end of LBT 12.  I almost hope she mysteriously disappears like the Twins from LBT 6. :P:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not quite what I meant. I'm just saying that this could just be Universal's way of getting some people's curiousity up.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Information about Ovie has not been released by Universals. We have it from Aria who is going to voice this character why, by the way, has meanwhile been renamed and is now called Ruby. I don't expect Ruby will be more than a guest character.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
One of many, no doubt, but why center on just one?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This discussion? Because Ruby is the only new character we know about.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been thinking about the series a bit and I think I came up with an idea of what I think it will be like. (Mind you, it's not very good. :rolleyes:)

Here's the basic idea...

The idea is that Ruby is the main villian of the series.  Ruby has this plan to take over the Great Valley.  She sends out different sharpteeth to try and take over and somehow the Gang of Five are the only ones who can stop Ruby.

........... :unsure:

Okay, bad idea... -_-

The problem is this... If this is the main idea of the series, how is it that Ducky saves the day on the first episode?  I'm guessing clever trickry here. :lol

But what do you guys think? :)