The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Sci-Fi Roleplay

MrDrake · 357 · 22940

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper was quick to answer Zoe, opening the door and coming face to face with her. 'I figured as much, from what I've heard,' she said with a frown. 'Just our luck to get stuck with the crazy one minded computer, huh?'

Raiven stood with the others in silence, thinking the same thing Whisper was at that exact time. Heron had this whole ship locked down, for what purpose?

'Just what is your mission, exactly?' He decided to ask the computer.

But before Heron could answer, Isodor and Delta had entered the room, and the squib did NOT look happy. 'And here enters the nonessential, the expendable fella himself!' Isodor said, waving his arms about as if walking onto a stage. 'For a guy who just cut off a tractor beam and essentially got this ships ugly metallic butt out of that godforsaken warship, and not to mention injured his spine in the process... I was expecting some sort of thanks.'

The young squib rolled his eyes. 'Instead I get this computer deeming me useless... not that I care. I mean... who cares about the expendable, huh? Why don't I just go expend myself by jumping out the airlock right now, hm?'

'Don't say such a stupid thing, Iso,' Raiven said, glaring at him. Isodor rarely ever entered a bad mood, but when he did it seemed more like a childish tantrum... at least to Raiven.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And that's when the computer screen in front of them flickered a bit, static before a voice was heard in the form of a chuckle.  The face appeared on the screen next, a rather familiar one "As much as I love to interupt your little pathetic family time you have going on here...."

Valria's eyes widened "Zarcon? You're suppose to be dead!" her voice was raised by that point.

Zarcon turned to face Valria, part of his face was now metal "Oh, I do get that a lot" he chuckled.

"How the hell are you even suppose to be alive?" Valria asked him next.

"There'll be time for explanation at a much later date, however, Xerionion, I am speaking on a more....personal matters, whether or not the rest are to listen or not, it does not matter" Zarcon replied, one eye of his flashed red for a second "You and I are going to have one last battle....one battle to the death, I am getting sick and tired that you have not been killed yet"

Valria folded her arms and closed her eyes "A battle to the death?" she paused for a second before opening up her eyes again "I accept"

Zarcon chuckled some more "Good, good, and this shall be alone, there will be no interupting from anyone else"

Valria nodded back to him "Very well then, alone it is.....where?"

The ship's computer flashed up with some coordinates as Zarcon only grinned "Do not be late" and he was gone.

"Those coordinates, I know that planet, it's a mining facility, some of the planet is covered in lava....but why choose there?" T-5.0 decided to ask.

"It doesn't matter, I will be going to fight him...." Valria begun as she looked to everyone else "And it will be alone.....I wish to do this myself"

Zoe nodded to Whipser "Yeah, it kinda sucks actually...but you'll protect me, wont you?" she seemed to joke to Whisper as she just gave her another kiss on the cheek, seemining to giggle a little, unaware of what had happened in the cockpit.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OCC: Sorry I haven't been on I've haven't really had time to get on yesterday so can some tell me what's been going on since my last post?)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: Sure, basically, everyone is back on the ship, Zarcon's warship has been desroyed by Blackbeard, Zarcon was suppose to be dead, but now he's back again and has challenged Valria to a one on one fight to the death....oh, and Heron, the computer of the ship has gone rogue more or less XD)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OCC:Thanks)

The drones flew to the cover of the astriod belt where the magnetic field ensured they would be undetectable.

Frank got out of the plane and made his way to the bridge.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper laughed. 'You know, I would probably carry you across the fields of hell itself if I had to... but uh, try not to take me up on that offer,' she said with a joking chuckle.

She turned to the Guardian in the room. 'We should get out to the cockpit, sounds like things are getting heated up there.'

The last thing she really wanted to deal with at the moment was a haywire computer, given that per profession of love had already taken all her nerves. She felt exausted, but perhaps that was because what had happened back at the ship hadn't worn off her yet...

...and not to mention that nightmare she had... she would have to talk to her father about that at some point, but there was more important matters at the moment to deal with.

Raiven was... to say it politely... in shock at the sight of Zarcon. 'I... I put a round right through that son of a bitch,' he said. 'Looks like our mutual pirate friend has made a few changes to the bastard, too...'

With that, he turned to Valria. 'You can't face him, not like this,' he said nervously, remembering the way Zarcon's eye had flashed. 'If he troubled you now, he'll... kill you like this.' Raiven shook his head. 'I won't let you do it, this sort of pursuit is just plain madness.'

'Well great,' Isodor began, 'just what we needed, more fuel for the already tower high fire. This day just keeps getting better and better for us (and me, especially). Hey, what's next... another villian who wants us all dead? I mean, why not? Our lives suck enough already.'

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe nodded to Whisper as she headed back to the cockpit at least.

Valria looked to Raiven "I have to do this, and I'm going to make sure he dies, even if I have to sacrifice myself in the process of doing so"

And that's when Zoe heard it and shook her head "No! You....you can't!" she more or less yelled at her.

Valria turned to Zoe next and was about to say something when Zoe interupted yet again "Because I don't want you to die! Please, don't do this....you're....like a big sister to me, my only really family I have left...."

Valria sighed and walked over to her "I'm sorry Zoe, but it just has to be done, one way or another, and if I don't stop him, who's to say that he wont come after any of you guys next, hmm?"

Zoe seemed to sniffle a little bit "Yeah, but, but...."

"Look, you have to remain brave still....do it dor me, and for Whisper" Valria told her back.

Zoe seemed to give off a small nod "Yeah....I uh....I guess so...." she sniffled some more still.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'No!' Raiven shouted at Valria. 'I've seen what that bastard did to you back on that cursed ship. I won't let you sacrifice yourself to kill just one soul. You're better than that, Val... you should know he's planning something! You could be walking into a trap!'

'Dad!' Whisper shouted. 'Cool down a little, geeze. The bastard blew up her home, for gods sake... if I were in Vals possition, I would want to rip that lizard bastards head off!'

'And besides,' she continued. 'I suppose Val will need to equip herself before the fight. What's to say she cant improve before then? She could get a better suit, too.'

Raiven shook his head. 'I don't think it would be enough. You can't all be mad enough to think Val can win a fight like this.'

Whisper walked up to her father. 'And you have such little faith in her, huh dad?'

'No, I don't mean that... it's just-'

Whipser shook her head. 'Forget it then. It's her fight, not yours.'

Raiven stood there in silence, not knowing what to say.

'Damn, you just got told by your own daughter,' Isodor said with a chuckle. Raiven shot him a cold glare.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe just stood there rather quietly as the others continued to talk still, even hearing T-5.0 speak up as well "I'm on their side with this one, Zarcon must be stopped one way or another, and if Valria has a plan on how to kill him, then let her do so"

Valria nodded back "I do, if what you said is true about the planet, then the lava will be my best option, I've got to knock him into it somehow.....but one thing is....why that planet in particular?"

T-5.0 shook her head back "Hard to say, it was abandoned a while ago"

Zoe continued to stand there still before she just turned around rather quietly and headed back to her room instead, laying back down onto her bed.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Poor Zoe,' Whisper said to herself as the young girl left the room. 'Well, I should keep an eye on her... all this messy business has no doubt hit her the hardest.'

Raiven groaned. 'Can't you leave her alone for just one minute, Whisp?'

Whisper laughed. 'Well, I do love her... so yeah.' Then, when she saw her fathers face pale, she poked out her tongue, turned, and left the room. 'Have fun with your crazy computer,' she called out from the hallway.

Raiven shook his head in slight disbelief, but quickly turned to Valria. 'Well, I concede. If you want to go through with this fight, be my guest... I won't stop you. I still think it's a trap of some sort, though.'

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"It probably IS a trap." Heron replied, breaking his silence. "That being is the object of the mission. His capture or preferably, his termination, is of the utmost importance. How he is terminated is of little consequence to my long-term goals."

"Heron, who was it that programmed you?" Omega asked, mystified at what kind of person would give a computer such cold logic.

"Are you not aware of how a savant series A.I. is programmed? No human or any other biological unit made me. I was created was a computer myself with no outside input from any living being. The result was perfect logic, a program designed to carry out any task with total clarity, and no needless sentimentality or attachment to obscure my objectives."

"Perhaps you should feel some anger, Heron. You know what crimes Zarcon has committed. Doesn't that make you the least bit... mad?" Delta was angry as he spoke, very angry. His creators had given him a capacity for expression, emotion, and knowledge of when to express it.

"I have no idea what anger is, truly. Emotions were not a part of my programming. I have observed such things in biological units. They seem to cling to such feelings, yet units such as ourselves have no need of them. Really, Delta. Do you think cash registers and refrigerators should have emotions too?"

This exchange was all in vocal form; the rest of the crew could hear it perfectly. All parties involved wanted the rest to hear it.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe just lay there on her bed, just remaining quiet still, only glancing over at Whisper whom had come over "You can come in if you want"

Valria nodded to Raiven again "Yes, I still plan on going through with this"

She then glanced over to Isodor, walking over to him "And you shouldn't really let anything like what Heron has been saying, get to you, trust me, I for one, don't believe what he's been saying, half the time, without your help, we wouldn't even be alive right now"

She then spoke to Heron next "We are still going to the planet, trap or no trap, I wish to end this....and everyone else, this time, please....stay out of it, and that is a request from me"

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Yeah, yeah... whatever,' Isodor replied, still in a childish mood. 'Never like computers that much anyway, even though they're a part of my skills.'

The squib shook his head. 'I have no reason to be here anymore, so if you'll all excuse me... I need to eat something.' No appetite one minute, hungry the next... such was the way of the humble squib. Isodor made for the door, leaving the room even more empty.

Raiven looked up, essentially adressing Heron, and chuckled. 'You'd be amazed with what humans have done with machines like refrigerators these days. To think so many years ago they just kept food cold... but I suppose I'm getting off topic.'

He paced about the room once more. 'A machine making a machine, you say? I would have thought such a practice would be monitored heavily by mortal eyes. The very idea of making a machine so... logical in its manner seems to draw influence back to the desert wars of 2210, back when they had computers doing all the messy work. I don't like the idea one bit, and I'm concerned just a little about how far you'd go to achieve your... goals.'

Whisper knocked on Zoe's door. 'Yeah, it's me again... no surprises, huh?'

She took a nervous breath. 'Uh yeah... so can I come in? Just to talk, though.'

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, you can come in, I would like to talk to you more" Zoe replied as she rolled onto her side, looking at the door.

T-5.0 then spoke up "Well, essentially, isn't that what Blackbeard has just done with Zarcon? Well, it does seem that way anyway, looks as though that's what Blackbeard would've done at least"

Valria nodded as well "It doesn't matter, whatever he's got on that planet, I'll put an end to it, cause it can never be good with Zarcon"

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whisper made her way into the room, and shut the door behind her. 'Talking would be good for you, I reckon. Given what's happening around us at the moment... I actually think a bit of a chat might do us both a little good.'

She seated herself beside Zoe, gently stroking her hair. 'I think Valria is doing the right thing. She's a smart girl, even if she might have been troubled by that Zarcon fellow. He's up to something, that guy is, and it would be better for all of us if he were stopped... and I think our only chance lies in Valria.'

'Yeah, I know she's like a mother to you. So was my mother, rather oddly,' she said with a chuckle. 'She wanted to ensure I got the best out of life, and even though I was young, I knew she meant well with some of the things she did.'

Whisper gave a sigh. 'She was in the police force, too... waaay before my dad was, in fact. They had an odd meeting, those two. Not exactly sure about it, since dad doesn't talk about her much any more. Funny, though... she made one mistake, and she was gone,' she clicked her fingers, 'just like that.'

She looked into Zoe's eyes. 'I know what it is like to lose a mother, and I myself consider Valria a friend, even though I don't know her that well. Still, she's got her mind set on this, and we can only hope she knows what she's doing.'

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe just listened in to what Whisper had said, before she sat up, leaning backwards and looking to Whisper again "Yeah, I guess you are right, but it's just that I can not get the image out of my mind, what could happen to Valria is all, I mean, she said that she'll kill him no matter what sort of thing"

She then let off a sigh next and smilled to Whisper "But you are right anyway, I shouldn't really let these things get to me is all" she told her before scooting closer to her again, leaning against her slightly now before resting her head against Whisper a bit.

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
'Well, yeah,' Whisper replied as Zoe leant against her. 'If I lived my life letting everything get to me, I certainly wouldn't be here right now... with you.'

She continued to coil and tease Zoe's hair with a finger. 'I reckon I should still teach you a few things from my time in the army. It would do you good... in fact, it might do us both good. I'd like to see you make something of yourself, especially now that you're here with us.'

Whisper decided not to mention her dream. She had been thinking about it, but being here with Zoe beside her seemed to ease any tension she might of had. Indeed, it seemed taking their friendship further had been a good idea after all.

It was just... that things felt like they were going a little too fast for Whisper. She had spend so much time looking out for herself, that the idea of looking out for someone else didn't come to her easily. Sure, her training in the army had taught her to work as a team and look after those in your squad, she was still only a private. Essentially, this made her the burden of the squad, which is why she tended to be more "self" than "others".

And she wondered why she had so few friends...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, that would be awesome, cause I would love to be able to help out, especially with you helping me out with it" Zoe told Whisper with a smile, a rather happy smile indeed.

She continued to smile as Whisper continued to play with her hair, deciding to stroke her cheek a bit as well "You know what I love about you? How beautiful you look, I mean, you just look really beautiful still" she told her, also deciding to give her another kiss as well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"It is not so much a machine as it is a program." Heron clarified. "Technically, I am nothing more than information which can be transferred from one piece of equipment to another, provided it has the capacity to contain me. I can even transfer myself to a more portable device, should I have the will and the opportunity to do so."

"Are you saying... you can download yourself into a robotic shell? And can you let Alpha in?" Omega asked, somewhat uncomfortable with the idea that Heron could take a more physical form.

"I'll let him in now. He is needed for the upcoming missions, and his protestations are quite vehement. I really don't see the need for so much drama. It isn't like he needs protective gear to function in space."

Alpha entered the Athos as soon as the hatch opened. He was understandably angry.

"Heron! If you EVER pull something like that again, so help me, I'll-!"

"Do what? I'm necessary for the ship's continued functioning. Unless you can find another A.I. that is capable of running a vessel such as this, there is no other way to
operate the systems which keep the biological units alive. Why do you bother, Guardians? I have calculated that the three of us are perfectly capable of accomplishing the mission's goals without their aid. I also calculate that if I were to terminate them, the three of you would turn on me. No matter who wins, the remaining units would be unable to fulfill the required goals. We can easily circumvent that problem by agreeing to work together and stay on the same side, then remove the biological units. I can tell that you aren't going to listen, are you?"

"Hell no! ...did I say that out loud?" Alpha asked, cautious. The previous conversation had been in numerical form, and the first noise was that of Alpha's outburst. Delta and Omega just stared at their leader, in as far as they could stare.  

"I'll keep the biological units alive for now, Alpha. At the very least, I won't terminate them myself. I hope you'll reconsider my offer. It would make this mission over 67% more efficient."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Frank reached the bridge and asked "what's going on now?'