The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Cannot remember the specifics, but I dreamt that the GoF forum was a school and that I'd just graduated from it.

I can see the class schedule now: "Fanfiction Writing Skills," "Sequel Analysis," "RP 101"... :lol

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
That sounds like a pretty awesome school to me. :yes
:PAli

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
^Hmm, so was it like a real-life video game then? :)

It certainly felt like one. I moved like I knew everything about being a "soldier". :PCera

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
A most unusual dream. I can't even remember the details of it myself, but it basically involved a simulation of a futile Hunger Games/Battle Royale simulator, involving a group of desperate (not people? I think it's avatars) trying to survive. But since it's a video game environment, many of them were toyed by fate. So you basically have to try and protect as many of them as possible, but the kicker is that you can only delay their fates, their deaths are inevitable. The twist is that one of the final girls at the end actually has her rl persona working for the company that does the simulation, so she's actually alive, at least till the head honcho had us both at gunpoint. He then shot us both, and yeah that's when I woke up.

Uh yeah, that's the scraps I remember. What a bewildering concept. After I fell asleep again I had a weird mishmash of video game related dreams where my brain was clearly making things up as it went along. I remember a repeated boss in a Kirby game (Amazing Mirror), TTYD glitches involving a typo in speech, and a hotel. Don't ask me what last night was about.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Next in weird dreams: dreamt that I was in UK (never been there before) on holiday and that I had to walk over a hundred kilometers by foot to Wales. Hahahha no. :Mo

Also, dream UK definitely doesn't look like the real deal, I bet. :SmugSpike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My dream last night was pretty much an adaption of the movie 2012 lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I had another very realistic dream few nights ago. I was living in a totalitarian country and because of my dissident opinions I was shipped off to a prison island with many of my colleagues, friends and family. I remember I did everything I could to defy the authority, even at the cost of my own life. The dream ended soon after I'd pushed one of the prison guards off a balcony to his death.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haven't posted here in a while. Although just last night I had two crazy dreams, so the timing seemed right.
:FoobieOooooo

First I dreamt that it was me, my mother, my brother, and Flathead. Yes, that's right, @Flathead770. It's not the first time he's appeared in a dream of mine. :P Although this time around in the dream I had a much clearer idea of what he looks like, as he did come to visit me earlier in the summer. :)

Anyway, it was the four of us in my mom's van, and she was driving us out to this big palace or something that's a popular tourist attraction in my city (which doesn't actually exist irl). Then we got to the palace and then things just got really weird. There was some sort of video conference where we were broadcasting footage of the palace to other countries to show off and brag about how cool the palace in my local city was. And then there were all these Harry Potter-esque ghosts flying around. And then my uncle showed up out of nowhere. Then I was trying to get up to a higher floor inside the building, and so I stood up on this banquet table to try and reach the upper floor, except I ended up knocking a wine glass off the table whereupon it smashed on the floor, and my uncle told me I shouldn't stand on the table. :P

The second dream was a bit less strange. I was watching a promo trailer for Digimon Adventure Tri. The trailer was all serious and moody and the animation was using these dark colours, although as a jarring contrast from that it was also playing an upbeat instrumental remix of the Hey Digimon song. I could recognize a few of the familiar Digidestined kids; Tai, Matt, and Sora. But then there were also a whole bunch of new kids with their own partner Digimon, who probably don't exist in the show for real and were just figments of my overactive imagination. :p

What's interesting about this dream is that I haven't actually seen Digimon Adventure Tri myself. Although I have been somewhat curious about it, and I did watch Digimon Adventure 1 & 02 back in the day.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aww man, why didn't you take me to see that palace while I was there?  :PCera

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I had this dream where my family was taking this walk and a frog the side of a dinner plate was sitting in the middle of the path. He was in this cage all by himself. We thought that he should have a frog friend, so we got him another frog. But then, he got really angry when we started to put the other frog in there, so we just left before anything bad happened.

Trick-or Treat randomly got cancelled in the middle of the dream due to Covid-19.

Then, my family watched this remake of "Gilligan's Island." They got new actors who were great, except for Mary Ann, who was 14. The episode was about the castaways finding a electric train, a blanket, and some lights that they used to make the island brighter. But Mary Ann thought that the items were using too many resources, including the blanket. Well, she was right because the train started slowing down, the lights went dimmer and the blanket was unraveling, so everyone said, "Well, these must be using resources." So everyone took the items away from the castaways, but when that happened, the whole island went dark, and no one knew what to do without a light source. But then the sun came up and all their problems were solved. That was my bizarre, off-the-wall dream.
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Haha, nice. As soon as I started reading about the frog I was already laughing.

Aww man, why didn't you take me to see that palace while I was there?  :PCera
Next time for sure. That's a promise. :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, here's a strange dream I had a while ago. I had checked out a movie from the library to watch with @Little Bro and I don't really remember the circumstances that made me choose this movie (if that was even mentioned in the dream), but for some reason, I was really feeling obligated to like it. But all signs pointed to this thing being one of those super cheap, low-budget B-movies for kids, and we didn't even have to get very far into the movie for this to be confirmed.

The animation quality of this show was really primitive, about like 90s-era CGI. Weirder yet, it turned out not all of the movie even was animated. There were these random live-action segments in there. It was more like we were watching a collection of different skits/segments than an actual coherent movie, because it just jumped from one thing to the next with no rhyme or reason.

The movie started off with this cartoony bit about an explorer encountering a native tribe in the jungle. Straight off the bat, he developed a crush on the natives' princess (typical B-movie). The guy started trying to befriend the tribe so he could win the princess over. However, the reason he'd originally come to the jungle was to exploit the tribe's resources, so he had to keep that a secret from them, but then he started feeling guilty about that. All this was portrayed in a very shallow way, especially since the explorer used a really annoying combination of "nerdy loser" stereotypes (pathetic, whiny, skinny) with no redeeming qualities that make me like his character. I wasn't feeling impressed with this movie.

That's when the show made its first bizarre jump to what seemed to be a totally different segment, before the whole jungle plot was even resolved. Now we were watching some live-action scene with two humanoid robots. Weirder yet, the robots looked like they came straight out of a cheesy classic TV show, wearing tacky metallic suits and silver face paint. They also had eyes that had been colored bright red with special effects, resulting in a creepy vibe that I thought must've been way worse than the filmmakers had actually intended. I remember that they were villains plotting something, but I don't remember what their plan was or if it even had anything to do with the earlier stuff in the movie.

The movie played out with several more strange bait-and-switches like that, leaving me and my brother with barely a clue as to what we were even watching. Our mom kept coming into the room to ask, "How is it?" and we just told her it was "okay" because it was so utterly weird we didn't even know what to think.

Then the dream skipped forward to about a week later, when the movie was almost due back at the library. Since we still didn't know what we thought about the movie, plus I was still feeling obligated to like it for some mysterious reason, guess what my brother and I did then? That's right...we started watching this wacko movie a SECOND time.

Yeah, I don't know what to make from any of that, either. :rainbowThinking

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^Hmm, maybe I should write a novelization of all that. What do you think?

These are a couple of dreams I had a while ago. I shared them on Discord before, but am posting them here for the first time.

In the first dream, I was in an underground building that consisted entirely of these industrial-looking light grey hallways. There were a lot of branching paths and I kept going forward, but every hallway just led to another hallway, over and over. It was eerie. What inspired the dream was, at the time I had been watching a playthrough irl of this horror game called Nighttime Visitor, which takes place in an office building. The hallways in that game look very similar to the ones I had in my dream.

I had mentioned the dream to @zero-point before, as he'd told of how he gets these similar terrifying dreams of endlessly repeating labyrinths of furniture and other things.

My second dream was even more random. I went skiing with ImpracticalDino, Belmont, and Serris. Then afterwards, the four of us went to this local pizza restaurant in my city for lunch.
:idea
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 08:38:12 PM by StardustSoldier »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Hmm, maybe I should write a novelization of all that. What do you think?
Ya know, it seemed way shorter in my sleep. :PCera Anyway, I realized why I dreamed all that: my dad was watching a couple of cheap movies on TV that night before I went to bed, and I glimpsed enough of them to see those B movie tropes that resurfaced in my dream. :p

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Wow, this dream was something else. Prepare to be amazed! :p

So I was staring out the window at my neighbor across the street, who was mowing the lawn, and these people came from this walking path that goes right by the neighbor's house. Well, the people who were walking just passed out right in front of the neighbors' house! Well, my neighbor saw the people lying on the ground passed out but just didn't care and kept mowing the lawn.  :wow Luckily, the people were okay.

Then, my mom was talking to the neighbors next door. They wanted us to babysit their dog, which in real life is a collie. Something weird about this part is the fact that the neighbor was wearing a brown cowboy hat. When we agreed to watch the dog, the neighbors left and opened up their garage door. Suddenly, this big black boxer the size of a house came out of the garage, and this boxer had some drooling issues.  :! We didn't want a drool shower, so we watched the dog from inside the house.

Finally, my mom, who loves watching hummingbirds in real life and puts up feeders to attract them, decided she was tired of hummingbirds. She wanted to attract plain ordinary birds. So she took down the hummingbird feeders and got 5 bird feeders. But she painted one bright yellow and another bright pink. But a bird came to the feeder and touched the bright yellow paint and the bright pink paint. Now this bird had a bright pink head, and bright yellow tail feathers.

Wow, that dream was weird.
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
My favourite part was the brown cowboy hat. I read that and immediately I started chuckling. :p

Do you remember what colour the other three bird feeders were?

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, they were just plain, brown bird feeders. :p I guess it doesn't make much sense, but in a dream, what does?  :lol
Go Chomper!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, not nearly as bizarre as some of the dreams I've had. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 02:12:50 AM by StardustSoldier »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^You seem to have these random dreams quite often. :RubyCurious