The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 14

kjeldo · 358 · 29912

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree with Kor. I think Universal took too much of an advantage over the success of the first movie that they started dishing out sequel after sequel without giving much thought to the plot ideas, so I guess this is a relief to those who have been a fan of the series for the longest time.

In my opinion, some of the movies could have been made episodes for the tv series. For example, LBT VI, XI, XII, and XIII seemed like movies where the plot was more suited for the TV series instead of full scale movies. LBT VIII and X were in my opinion the only two movies after LBT V that had really strong plot ideas, and they could have been expressed much better if they were made much earlier. Again, this is my opinion, but I think the movies should have been organized like this:

LBT 1

LBT 2

LBT 3

LBT 4

LBT 10

LBT 8

LBT 5

LBT 7

And then the other movies could have been tied into TV episodes.

As for the next movie, Universal should definitely take some time to come up with a really strong plot, but not too long so that all the fans start crying thinking LBT is dead.
 :cry  :cry  :cry

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they are doing just that.  Hopefully they will have a skilled and experienced scriptwriter work on the script of the next movie and preferably someone who is experienced in the genre.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do hope they are just cleaning house and getting qualified folks in there to help rev up the series again :yes.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The time of it might also depend on the storyboard, animations, musics etc, that they are doing to LBT 14, they may have new ideas they will try to add.
(probably) They will finish it next year.

...Or maibe they will "gift" us with a movie and a new brand season...in a millions years :lol , but there are always chances of that happening.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It takes longer to make an animated, or live action, movie then most would likely think it does.  They likely won't announce it till it's finished, I would guess.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Sep 9 2008 on  01:25 PM
Take for example DarkHouounmons fanfic...that to me is completely plausible idea for a movie.

As much as I would love to see Out of the Shadows as a movie, it's not happening. Yes, that fan fiction is VERY well written, but the movie that would be based on it would carry a PG-13 rating at least, possibly even an R.

My ultimate wish would be movie versions of these Land Before Time fan fics: Out of the Shadows (Rated R), Land Before Time: Twilight Valley (Rated PG-13), Star Wars: The Land Before Time: A Jedi's Destiny (rated PG-13), Land Before Time: War of the Worlds(Rated PG-13), Time Gate X(Rated R), Land Before Time: The Mysterious World(Rated PG)

Even though 3 of the listed stories are pure (no humans), I'm not sure I'll ever see a movie version. And 2 that are not quite pure LBT(have humans) and 1 crossover.

The crossover ain't happening as a movie. However, Time Gate X and The Mysterious World do have a chance to become movies but the chance is EXTREMELY low.

Yeah, I know the chance of a dark, gritty, violent, SF influenced and/or post-apocalyptic Land Before Time movie coming out is almost nonexistant.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Oct 3 2008 on  04:40 PM
As much as I would love to see Out of the Shadows as a movie, it's not happening. Yes, that fan fiction is VERY well written, but the movie that would be based on it would carry a PG-13 rating at least, possibly even an R.
Yeah my next two fanfic's if they were made into movies they would most likely have those ratings. My current one if made into a movie would have at most a PG rating.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Kor,Sep 9 2008 on  03:21 PM
That seems to be the only supernatural element in lbt is the fact that someone recently dead can talk to at least 1 of the living.   Otherwise no magic or anything and the dead talking to the living can be taken as a very rare thing since it's not done in any of the sequels or tv episodes after that.
Rainbowfaces come to mind... actually

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I took them to be either et's adopting a form of a local species to observe the locals by traveling around as one of them for a while, or some actual dinos from some advanced civilization come to observe some more primitive locals, either from the same world or another one.  So nothing supernatural on their part.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Oct 3 2008 on  04:40 PM
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Sep 9 2008 on  01:25 PM
Take for example DarkHouounmons fanfic...that to me is completely plausible idea for a movie.

My ultimate wish would be movie versions of these Land Before Time fan fics: Out of the Shadows (Rated R), Land Before Time: Twilight Valley (Rated PG-13), Star Wars: The Land Before Time: A Jedi's Destiny (rated PG-13), Land Before Time: War of the Worlds(Rated PG-13), Time Gate X(Rated R), Land Before Time: The Mysterious World(Rated PG)

Even though 3 of the listed stories are pure (no humans), I'm not sure I'll ever see a movie version. And 2 that are not quite pure LBT(have humans) and 1 crossover.

The crossover ain't happening as a movie. However, Time Gate X and The Mysterious World do have a chance to become movies but the chance is EXTREMELY low.

Yeah, I know the chance of a dark, gritty, violent, SF influenced and/or post-apocalyptic Land Before Time movie coming out is almost nonexistant.
Hey, George Lucas produced the original Lad Before Time, and he owns Star Wars. Maybe if I could get him to pull some strings...

I agree with you, though. All of those fics would be awesome movies.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Imagine if 1 or both producers were involved in another LBT movie.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I can't stomach an LBT sequel having a rating beyond PG.  Talk about deviating from the outline of the series.  Sure, more suspense is needed but no killing off of any of the original LBT cast, even if they were to come back to life.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
If I had to choose between no further episodes and LBT episodes of the crossing over genre including such non-LBT-elements as can be found in the majority of fanfictions I suppose I would rather have non; though I admit it would be a difficult judgment to deliver :unsure:

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
There hasn't been any word of LBT 14 yet. Well I'll say one thing though, Our Little Friend wikipedia.org has LBT 14 back up again and it's has 2009 being the release date. First off I don't know who put that there and I haven't been on the LBT article for a while so no one may never know how long it's been there. Another thing is hope that the info there is true. Until then I'll be watching and waiting to see what happens.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jasper,Nov 30 2008 on  09:41 PM
There hasn't been any word of LBT 14 yet. Well I'll say one thing though, Our Little Friend wikipedia.org has LBT 14 back up again and it's has 2009 being the release date. First off I don't know who put that there and I haven't been on the LBT article for a while so no one may never know how long it's been there. Another thing is hope that the info there is true. Until then I'll be watching and waiting to see what happens.
It's not there anymore.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: Kor,Nov 19 2008 on  07:46 PM
Imagine if 1 or both producers were involved in another LBT movie.
Now that I would pay to see. Both original creators working on the story again, it almost sounds like bliss.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 30 2008 on  09:59 PM
Quote from: Jasper,Nov 30 2008 on  09:41 PM
It's not there anymore.
Did you look in the article called TLBT(series)? Cause I can see it perfectly.