The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

no violence

rosie · 10 · 1753

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
In the movie, there was a lot of violence and killing yet in the series,there is rarely any.I know it is a kid series and on t.v. Yet this movie has been on t.v and there are more violent cartoons than the movie was. I suppose they wanted a cartoon that was friendly to the younger preschoolers. This could explain the reason for those songs which really weren't in the movie except the music. I hope it wasn't so they could lure the Barney fans to see the series. :angry:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I do disagree.

There is violence in the sequels but not to the extent there was in the original.

I actually do wish they upped the violence (do not exceed level of PG-13).

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The sequels have not had the level of violence of the first movie, though the sharpteeth of the early sequels were more of a threat then the latter sequels, that I've seen at least and remember.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Upping the violence would definitely be a good idea in my opinon, nothing drastic, but perhaps something closer to the original movie.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is violence in the sequels, though it is not as accentuated as in the original movie. What would you call the "execution" of the Sharpteeth in LBT 6 (being buried alive while they are defenseless and under the cheers of Littlefoot and the others who seem to have forgotten about their experiences with Chomper's family) and in LBT 7 we have all of those who followed Pterano being killed.
While there is little direct violence in LBT 2 and 3 we still got those landscapes full of skeletons as a reminder that it isn't just a careless utopia.
I see where you are coming from, but the claim that there was hardly any violence (I have enumerated just some of the fatal cases) is just not true.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well se saw more violence in the movies than in the episodes.
Dunno pearphs for being a tv serie.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually, the original seems to be the only one with a significant amount of serious(non-slapstick) violence in it.  I cannot envision any increases in LBT fatalities, especially of any valley residents.  I personally believe the problem lies within the trend of decreasing suspense in the sequels just to appeal solely to the little ones.  More fights and close encounters with life-threatening situations would appeal to me in further sequels, but deaths(especially onscreen, such as the case with Littlefoot's mother) should not be implemented in further sequels.  There still has to be a balance between appeal to older viewers and appeal to younger viewers.  It is true children will learn about death and dying sooner or later, but violent and/or painful deaths seem to be taking over the media, even animated material <_<.  This is not my personal opinion but is a proven fact I agree with: American society has come to view death as painful and horrible due to the media's exposure of it, and consequently has come to greatly fear it.  I'm not placing the blame mainly on films(I love horror films, so condemning such entertainment would be contradicting my own likes :slap) but on the news instead.  All they seem to talk about are disasters, murders, chronic illness(i.e. cancer), and war casualties.  Politics is about the only non-violent topic covered.  The media sensationalizes such negativity and therefore would give an individual every reason to be afraid of death.  It is in human nature to fear death, but to fear death just 'cuz it appears almost everyone dies of murder or car wrecks is unreal.  Anyhoo, I'm rambling again :rolleyes:  :bang.  There are some things that should be kept as a positive influence on folks of all ages, LBT being one.  Again, more fights and upping the suspense would be great, but no explicit or graphic depictions of death, especially murder -_-.

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
It would be nice to bring the violence up a wee bit. But as long as it's still friendly for children and nothing that makes them scared!
Like if a T-Rex.. uh, I mean sharptooth attacked a dino, it would be dramatic and violent.. BUT, if that's all that happens it's okay!
And no blood, for the kids sake!

Personally, I have never been afraid of Dinosaurs I saw in movies or Tvshows...
I've always been fascinated by them..
But not all kids are like me! Therefore I'd like more sharptooth attacks, but no blood or sudden deaths!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's possible to have a movie written for all ages, instead of kids.  And problems with sharpteeth can be resolved with instead of using some of the slapstick things that they use.  Using more fastbiters may be better in some cases since they are closer to the kids's size, or more likely a mix.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As far as I'm concerned there is not even the need to increase the amount of violence in the movies, but the violence which is there already should not be presented as an entertaining or utterly harmless thing as is all to often the case in recent LBT movies.