The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Dramatic LBT Moments

Drake · 17 · 2006

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Which scenes in the movies do you think are the most dramatic?

I like the unveiling of the Great Valley at the end of the first movie.

The other is in LBT VIII when Mama Swimmer saves Spike after he falls into the frozen pond.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Kor, i never consider it a dramatic moment, actually. :)
If you ask me, the really dramatic scene was in the end of the second movie, when Chomper had to leave the valley.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're right, I edited mine out since they are not dramatic moments in the movies.   Good points on yours though.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
All the most dramatic:

All the dramatic moments in the first LBT. Serriously, when it comes to drama, Bluth's vision trounces every sequel.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Sep 14 2008 on  02:36 AM
Serriously, when it comes to drama, Bluth's vision trounces every sequel.
You're of course, right. The sequels(Well, except for the LBT2, maybe) weren't created to be dramatic, i guess.

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The sequels do seem to be mostly lighthearted fare for the most part.  I remember part III and IV trying to add in some real drama, but I guess it didn't resonate too well with younger audiences.  I like some aspects of them, while others, I could do without, such as the singing.  

The Original is truly a work of art, even 20 years after its release.  Don Bluth is still, in my mind, one of the under appreciated geniuses of animation.  To me, every moment, from the hatching of the main characters, to the embrace in the Great Valley, is absolutely marvelous.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I do agree that as far as drama goes, the first one has the most drama of them all. However, there was a pretty good amount of drama in the tenth sequel, Little Foot finds his dad, Shorty gets all jealous, a t-rex attacks the long neck herd, etc.

Ozymandias

• Ruby
    • View Profile
That's certainly true.  X is by far one of my favorite sequels, precisely because of what happens with Littlefoot finally meeting his father.  I think it should have happened in an earlier sequel, but what's done is done.

Littlefoot90

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://lbtwelt.npage.ch/
Quote from: Drake,Sep 12 2008 on  12:01 PM
Which scenes in the movies do you think are the most dramatic?

I like the unveiling of the Great Valley at the end of the first movie.

The other is in LBT VIII when Mama Swimmer saves Spike after he falls into the frozen pond.
ompletely shares your opinion Drake these are also my dramatic scenes :lol

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Whenever that mean old sharptooth chased them.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree with all of you. All of those scenes were very serious and emotional, no doubt. Some of my choices you've already mentioned, but I'll add what I can. The most dramatic moments I can think of off the top of my head that haven't been specifically mentioned are:

1. Littlefoot's mother dying in front of his eyes and him having to leave her and go on his own. No child should go through that. (The Land Before Time)

2. Littlefoot's friends don't want him to leave them and live with his father, but because they care so much, they only want him to be happy, so although they don't specifically tell him to go, they make it clear that they will be fine with whatever he chooses, which takes place during the song "Bestest Friends." (The Land Before Time X: The Great Longneck Migration)

3. The look on Chomper's face when, because he feels alone and wants friends near him, he asks his friends to stay at his home, but the others know that they must be with their families, and therefore turn him down. While I know the others did the right thing, I felt so bad for Chomper I wanted to cry. He had had a taste of happiness, then it was taken away so quickly. (The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island)

4. When Ruby sees another family playing together and gets really homesick. She remembers all the good time she had with them and the song "Remembering" really adds to the sad feeling of her missing her family. She needed her friends the most right then, but they wouldn't play with her. They were preparing a surprise for her, but just being with her was the best thing they could have done. (The Star Day Celebration)

5. When Chomper nearly drowns and it takes several of the others to help him since he was tied up and couldn't move. He must have been terrified. He was underwater for so long that I was afraid he had inhaled in a bunch of water and when he surfaced he wouldn't be able to breathe. He ended up alright, but it was so close. (The Missing Fast Water Adventure)

Those are the five most dramatic scenes that I can think of on the spot. I hope that that was a little helpful.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great picks you have there.  Those are some great moments.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
In my opinion the most dramatic moments would lie in the 11th and 12th Movie.  I know most of you all don't even like Movie 11 that much but if sit and watch you will see what i'm taking about.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I used to dislike movie 11, but it grew on me :D

And I always thought that the part where Littlefoot finally returns to the valley with the night flowers in IV was pretty dramatic. Definitely touching.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
4 is one of the only LBT sequels that made me cry. Grandpa Longneck is my favorite of them all, and he almost died. :p

I feel sick, so I can't elaborate on why I find the following scenes dramatic. Maybe some other time.

-Littlefoot's mom dying
-The first fight with Sharptooth and the earthquake...the earthquake still scares me, even at age 15
-When Littlefoot's mom first strikes Sharptooth with her tail, and then you see her face
-When Littlefoot follows his mother's spirit in the clouds and find the Great Valley
-In movie 7, when the kids learn about why Pterano was exiled. The only scene in a sequel to truly scare me.

Bruton the Iguanodon

You're of course, right. The sequels(Well, except for the LBT2, maybe) weren't created to be dramatic, i guess.

LBT 2 is great---it's the closest sequel to the original so it should feel more "played for drama"---but then again, all three of Roy Allan Smith's sequels were  ;)