The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Are the main five characters misunderstood?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Again, I believe the knowledge is, to him, an unconscious suspicion, not a full blown solipsistic commandment.
In which case one might refer to it as a case of too much self-confidence resulting in occasional reckless behavior against other advice. Would that be along the lines of what you mean LBT? :)

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
littlefoot indeed is somewhat self confident, thou i wouldn't call it that way. he does, what he regards to be the right thing. and didn't his mother tell him, to let his heart guide him?
besides, could it be, that it is not like he knows of his invulnerability, but more like he just doesn't care? or like 'I have to take this risk' ?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
No conflict there with what I said I think, but I agree that being "over self-confident" may be the wrong term. I was at a loss for a more fitting expression (others which came to my mind didn't hit the mark as they had the strong implication of Littlefoot acting out of selfish reasons which he certainly does not) and I would be grateful if anyone could help me out on a better term.
What I mean is that trying to set things right he often tries to shoulder responsibilities to heavy for a single one to shoulder and in spite of his sociability and attachment to his friends he would rather try to do it by himself than loosing time trying to convince his friends of what he thinks is right. While often Littlefoot shows an extreme degree of sensitivity and understanding for the way other characters think or act this does not apply whenever the feelings of others are in clear conflict with his own.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Right, that's what I meant, Malte. It's a case of "I've always gotten away with it in the past."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think what they need to do is do more incidents where Littlefoot's idea is wrong.  I can think of this only occurring once in 1 tv series episode.  There can be character development if a character is often right, but learns that even he can sometimes be wrong, instead of having him be right all the time.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Maybe they are but Chomper isn't one of the main ones would be.