The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

prejudice in the valley

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I notice that mister threehorns was kinda of prejudice in the movies and the series. Chomper often felt left out in the valley. He forced to sleep in a cave while others are not.  It is like he is put into his place. This might not be bad in long run or be a blessing to him later on in life.  There is no indiction that sharpteeth might labor prejudices against other sharpteeth or flatteeth in the series. I find that surprising and wonder why the writers didn't think of that before. :neutral

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think you posted the same topic a while ago. Maybe the two threads should be merged in order for the previous discussion to be continued from the point where it where it went silent. Another thread which you might find interesting is about the question to what degree prejudice is a particular longneck / threehorn problem, with neither Ducky's nor Petrie's mother ever giving any sign of it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Part of it is due to the fact sharpteeth are portrayed as villains and kept very simple.  Many keep their villains simple, just pure evil.  It's easier to write if you keep your villain simple like that.  It leads to a better story if you do have more complex villains, but few do this.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
The sharpteeth in the movies are portrayed as more animalistic than the herbivores and thus I don't think the movie producers gave them enought intelligence to comprehend prejudice.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.