The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5636 · 324889

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Amiti and Karis did so. Being Adepts, they could feel the power radiating off of Stripetail but it was benign, unlike the evil radiating off of Mertavius.

"My first question is, where are we?" Karis asked.

"I am curious as to why I see Ayuthayans aboard this vessel?" Amiti added. "Furthermore, I would like to inform my father, King Paithos of Ayuthay that I am safe."

Captain Carson left the two Adepts and the Seer alone.

-----------------------

"I need some reference materials on Celestian armor," Twilight said as she examined said armor. There was the familiar Solar Wheel emblem of Princess Celestia emblazoned on the armor's flanks and chest.

"Twilight, Spike. I shall leave you to deal with that," Mr. Bigmouth said. "Meanwhile, I'd like to examine the other pieces of armor and items that were purchased."

The next two were metal automatons in the shape of Beavis and Butt-Head. He carefully examined the backpacks they wore and noticed that the Beavis-bot's backpack filled with metal flechettes and the robot Butt-Head's backpack had pressurized gas cylinders that were empty.

"Strange, why would someone create these robots?" He asked no one in particular. It was when he noticed a piece of paper that had been carefully clipped to the underside of the two robots' backpacks.

The Saurolophus took the paper and examined it. He let out an audible gasp as he discovered these robots were created by Sara during the Battle of Surf Point and later salvaged and restored as exhibits in the Fort Inglorious Military History Museum.

He radioed Captain Carson. "Captain Carson, this is Bigmouth. See if you can get a hold of Briggins. I have something here that might be interest to him."

Captain Carson's voice came back. "Will do."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kiara nodded to Li'ella after their first race. "Time for me to turn in for the night," she yawned. She did feel good about her recent victory, of course.

She went back to the room the lions were using. "Hi Kovu," Kiara smiled to her mate as she changed into her nightgown.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well we have been busy with work the last week or so." Korin said " I've been hanging out with Samia. us goldens need to stick together.' she smiled. " it doesn't hurt that shes beautiful either. hey , I'm confident enough in myself to admit that I really like another girl.' she smirked.' ; good thing the feeling is mutual between Samia and me.
_
This is the Spire of Winter, and we are currently outside of Weynards atmosphere" Stripetail said. As for why there are ayuthayans aboard here, we have been evucuating ALL of the residents of weynard, Tonfonese, Passajians, Ayuthayans, Belinskans, they're all here, or have been sent to other worlds offering sanctuary. The only kingdom that has NOT been evacuated is kaocho, as King Wo has refused to let his people evacuate. the reason for the evacuation of Weynard is the planet Vaalbara which has been sent in this direction by my Enemy, Mertavius. Vaalbara itself is populated , and we have been evacuating the residents of that planet as well. However to stop the planets colliding - which would utterly destroy Weynard, as Vaalbara is far larger in size and mass- we need to find a way to safely use the Apollo lens, and do so within the next 7 days ' Stripetail said to the pair. As for your father , your highness, he is staying in the main refugee camp, in Winterville park." he added to Amiti
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Karis and Amiti drank in the information they were given. Several minutes passed as they digested the overwhelming amount of information.

"Outside, Weyard's atmosphere?" Karis asked with a hint of awe. "What Adept was capable of enchanting such a powerful ship?"

"Thank you," Amiti said. "I must let him know that I am safe."

Amiti got up and left the room.

It was when the Apollo Lens was mentioned that Karis spoke up. "The Apollo Lens can't be used or even approached without the Umbra Gear," Karis said. "Only Beastmen such as yourself are capable of wearing it. But firing it produces a surge of light so powerful that not even the Umbra Gear can protect you."

------------------

Captain Carson adjusted the taychonic transmitter and fed power to the transmission crystal Stripetail had given to her and had wired up to the transmitter.

There would still be a delay but instead of days or weeks, it the delay was a few minutes.

"Briggins," she said. "Mr. Bigmouth has requested contact with you."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this ship is not powered by magic Karis, but by fuel. a form of gas to be precise. the worlds that the captain and others call home, do not have magic, as weynard, or other worlds do" stripetail said. ' they rely on fuels to powers their transports. as for the lens, we need to turn it on, and find someway of protecting the people sent to turn it on long enough to get them out. a hard task, to be sure." Stripetail added.
 Briggins soon appeared on the crystal " good evening captain - it is evening here- so what does Mr Bigmouth want with me? New recipes for great valley turnovers?" the old hotel manager chuckled
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That is great. " Sara said smiling to Korin.

----------------------------

Spike whipped out a scroll and a quill and started to write what Twilight was saying.   "We can start looking in the library on this ship." Spike said once he had finished writing.  "I wonder how that armor got here.  Maybe it belonged to one of Princess Celestia's guards." He said.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Good evening Briggins. Is there any news or information you wish to relay to me before I patch you through to Mr. Bigmouth? He wishes to speak to you about some items that he has found on Phoenix after Chong took it over. The items were purchased as part of a ruse to rescue two prisoners held aboard," Captain Carson said."

(OOC - The Beavis and Butt-Head robots were mentioned in Insane Cafe 3. I'll find the post later though.)

---------------------------

"An entire planet of Exathi?" Karis asked in awe. "Most Exathi I know in live in Passaj and Ei-Jei."

It was then that Amiti returned. "Lord Stripetail," he said. "I apologize for neglecting this important piece of information earlier, but Chong has all of our Djinn and weapons. With those Djinn, he can unleash powerful Summons."

---------------------------

Twilight examined the armor more closely. "Spike, this armor is pre-Return of Nightmare Moon. Bring me all reference materials on armor from that time period."

"Spike," Mr. Bigmouth said. "We have two libraries aboard the ship. The scientific, engineering and historical library is on this level. The town library is in Winterville. Twilight's personal collection is in the library in this area."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
how many djinn does he have? stripetail asked, and what is the worst that the djinn could do, if chong combined their powers?' Stripetail asked.
 well we took in 500 refugees from that weynard place. they seem to be fitting in well, and they like the ghost tours. the wizard sent in enough gold to cover their rooms for a month, and they perform magic shows every other day for the locals here.' briggins said ' so that rat stole stuff from surf point? not a surprise, i imagine hes looted every planmets hes visited.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth nodded. "Indeed he has. I actually have two combat automatons that Sara made during the Battle of Surf Point. They're in perfect shape but they're quite obviously property of the museum. Nick also has a suit of armor worn by some of the mercenary soldiers that was also property of the museum."

He then cleared his throat. "Is there a list of missing items from the museum? We'll try our best to recover them."

One of the scientists was cataloguing some artifacts that King Ozai had let them take for research.

------------------

"Karis has Jupiter Djinn, aligned with the element of wind. I have Mercury Djinn, aligned with the element of water," Amiti said as he took a seat. "We each have nine of them. And Chong has taken all of them."

"We have reason to believe that Chong has taken other Djinn from Weyard itself," Karis added. "Djinn of various elements can combine their powers to unleash devastating summons. For instance, Tyrell had Venus and Mars Djinn. If he combines four Mars Djinn, he can call a meteor to strike his foes."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thanks." Spike said to Mr. Bigmouth.  Then he turned to Twilight, "I'll go and get those books right away." He said after writing down what Twilight said.  He then started to run off to where Twilight's personal library collection was.  

--------

"Very great news indeed." Sara said to Korin.

((OOC: Sara did make those 2 during the battle or just before it.  Like her uncle animated/enchanted some statues and trees to help in the battle.  as I recall. I think he had them return to their original locations after the battle/war was over, but left the enchantments in place in case Surf Point was attacked again.))

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, he didnt use those powers against you when nick and the others wre helping you escape.  " stripetail sais. he sighed ; so Chong has at least 20 djinn, likely far more. if he hasnt used them before nowe, he will ggoing forward. he doesnt like being humiliated, and the rescoe of you, combined with nick outdueling him, and the destruction i wrought on his guards, hes going to be in a foul mood for some time to come.
-
 i'll send you the list' Briggins said ' there was a lot stolen from the museum. abny that you can recover Is appreciasted
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As the next day dawned, Kiara gently nuzzled Kovu awake. "Glad to see you slept well," she smiled to her mate, licking his cheek and yawning.

Meanwhile, back in the crowded room, Oliver woke up to see a box with a tag with his name on it. "Is this for me?" he gleefully asked Arlene.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you," Mr. Bigmouth said. He yawned and looked at the clock. It was getting to be rather late.

Once he received the list, he'd probably head off to bed.

----------------------

As "day" broke aboard the ship, Dr. Kerzach and the cooking crew headed to the Mawashiian kitchen to begin cooking breakfast.

The Cassowary splashed some cold water on his face as he dressed himself in a fresh cook's uniform and apron.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
luca and tigeress stirred from thier sleep, woken by the nuzzles of Mona and flash.  Hi Mom" mona smiled to Luca ' can we go to the beach today? i want to build a sand castle with a moat. Please?" If tigress says ok. i'm m on the clock. luca muttered .' not swwhile you are sleeping, silly ' tigress grinned before rousing Tiger ' come on dear. the girls want to go to the beach and have a sand day."  afteer we meet witnh the wizard " tiger said as he got up. " We still havent gotten everyone off of Weynard. Until we do, we're working. sorry girls" he said to the pups.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Bigmouth and Ms. Swimmer entered Winterville Tavern and ordered breakfast.

Ms. Swimmer took a seat and drank from her cup of Mawashiian green tea. Mr. Bigmouth had fruit juice.

Prince Ryu Kou took a seat next to the duo. He was drinking some Tonfonese red tea. A waiter took his order for the rice porridge. "What is the occasion?"

"Debriefing by Stripetail," Mr. Bigmouth said as he sipped his fruit juice.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
spyro, Cynder and nick entered the room,  their faces bandaged, although looking better for having spent the night receiving medical treatment, and took thier seats. nick pulled out the weapons he had acquired aboard the Phoenix- sting, Saba, the long sword and  the broken blade _ and set them on the table in front of Stripetail " i acquired these from a shady merchant on the Phoenix> i suspect chong has dealings with smugglers that steal items from across the cosmos, sells them to unsuspecting tourists , and Chong gets a cut of the profits."
 Saba floated up off the table and hovered in front of the wizard " Saba the tigersaber, at your service' Stripetail  nodded ' Pleasure to meet you , Master Saba. Talking blades like yourself are very rare, and quite valuable. I am Lord Stripetail, as Nick here might have already told you.' he did , indeed. I was hoping that you could help me find my way home. Do you know of the Power Rangers, Or Zordon/ ' those names are not familiar to me ' Stripetail said shaking his head. " there were two guys at the Inglorious Hotel that mentioned something about Power Rangers' scooby said ' They compared us in our armor to them , i think>'
_ Bulk and skull, thats what their names were" Agumon said. " i remember them. one guy was skinny, the other porky' tiger said. " yes i remember them' Stripetail said, before turning to Saba ' master Saba, you will have to stay with Nick for a long time. whoever stole you from your partner ranger, was able to get away pretty cleanly- there's has been no ' missing weapon" reports, at least that we've been informed of, granted the cosmos is a very VERY big place>' I understand. saba nodded flying back to Nick, who showed Sting to him next ' Mertavius  swung his sword at me, and I was able to block it with this...
-
 You BLOCKED Reartir?' Stripetail  started, then looked at the dagger, flipping it over with a move off his paw. " not only did you block it, but theres not a crack, not a nick, on this blade. Reartir, usually shatters into useless splinters any blade it comes into contact with. to survive such contact is extremely rare.  This blade was obviously made of extremely strong material and was likely enchanted as well, to redouble its strength.' Mertavius said it was called Sting, and that it was a Elven blade" nick said."theres runes on the sheath here' He said, showing the sheath to the wizard, and Stripetail looked at them " Sting is my name, I am the Spiders bane" stripetail intoned. 'I've never been to MidEarth myself, although I've acquired a number of texts and artifacts over the years from that world and have studied them.. the MidEarth elves,  particularly those from Gondolin, were masters of combining sword making and magic, the blades from that city were nigh unbreakable, could glow in the dark- particularly if enemies were near- and remained extremely sharp, even if left in a dusty corner and forgotten  for centuries. This blade Nick, could cut and harm Mertavius, if you could land a stroke on him. theres only a scant handful of blades powerful enough to do that in all of existence, another is this rose blade I wear' Stripetail motioned to the sword he wore at his side. " those other blades are also from  Midearth" Stripetail looked at the broken blade and made it float in front of him." this one was made by ancient Men. Men of Westernesse, or , as it was more often called, Numenor." " can you repair it?" nick asked."I will need something to bind the pieces together, and a forge  hot enough to reforge it. that will be a process requiring no small amount of time, and time is not something we have much of ' Vaalbara will collide with Weynard in less than 7 days, destroying the planet utterly" stripetail said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"If I may add," Mr. Bigmouth said. "We really have to be more careful about cleaning up after battles and watching our supplies. I found a Spire issue combat space suit for sale at that vendor. We're very lucky they haven't picked up the magical artifacts or weapons we have."

Ms. Swimmer winced as the bandage that covered the gunshot wound on her leg chafed slightly.

"Seer," Prince Ryo Kou said between sips of his Tonfonese red tea, "What is the history between you and Mertavius? Why does he attack us if he seems to carry a grudge with you?"

At the word of reforging one of the blades, Mr. Bigmouth spoke up. He swirled his cup of fruit juice, making the ice cubes inside clink against the glass. "I am not sure what materials will be used to reforge the blades but the ship's reactor contains a plasma hotter than the core of a star. If that's not feasible we can try using the fusion furnace in the industrial area."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mertavius, My Prince, is a dark mage of nearly incomprehensible powers. as is often the case with immortal beings of enormous power, they are haughty and care little for lesser beings.. Mertavius takes this to an extreme, anyone lesser than he is, he cares nothing for, save that they may be useful to him. if you are not useful, or worse, try to oppose him, well, he usually destroys such persons without much thought. He and i have fought for ages, and I have fought him, to keep magickind from falling under his dominion, as well as to keep non-magic folk from being wiped completely from existence. Fortunately, in our contests, I have emerged the victor, although he keeps trying to undermine me. He views friendships as useless indulgence. He knows that you are my friends, and so by targeting you , he is also targeting what he views as a weakness for me. he knows that i will protect those I call friends- and I proved that in getting the 8 of you off of the Phoenix>"
-
 Thank goodness for that armor" Cynder chimed it. "That cage he put us in was ridiculously hot." hot enough to kill you, in fact' Stripetail said.' we tried attacking him " Spyro said " nothing worked. heck, we didnt get anywhere near touching him." I fought Chong, But Mertavius just toyed with me' Nick said." What if we all combined our powers and threw it at him all at once/ ratchet said. 'Ratchet, you could try that, all 18 of you, and Mertavius wouldn't feel a thing ' stripetail said ' he would block any magic the moment it left your hands, then he would retaliate, and my  boy, you WOULD feel it. Mertavius isnt known for mercy,either,  indeed he revels in causing pain. Putting lessors in place, as he puts it." well has he faced a RYNO before? Ratchet smirked ' those babies turn enemies to dust. whole groups of them, all at once>' you would get one shot at him ratchet, and only one. Remember, you are dealing with a mage who can tear an entire planet from its orbit and sending it flying inward with little care. You;d get your shot, the  rockets would be steered aside and then , he'd turn your gun into a useless molten hunk of metal. at that point, your best course of action, would be to run.
_
 I dont run, well unless i have no choice.' ratchet replied " lets hope, then, that you dont end up facing him. Spyro and Cynder have, and they were lucky to escape." Stripetail said before turning to Bigmouth " the Fusion Furnace in the Industrial area could work. if that doesnt work . We could see if the Alchemy Forge would be usable. I would probably need a piece of metal to bond it with. mithril, if thats available. mana would also be needed to ensure the forge doesnt cool off.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Prince Ryu Kou nodded. "I see. He reminds me of King Wo in way. Everyone is to serve him or be destroyed."

"We don't have mythril aboard this ship," Mr. Bigmouth said. "I am aware that is a metal with structural properties similar to titanium but is capable of holding an edge for a near infinite amount of time and if I recall, forging it requires magic. With some modifications, the fusion furnace may be suitable for your purposes."

It was then Captain Carson's voice came through Mr. Bigmouth and Stripetail's radio. "Stripetail, Bigmouth, Captain Carson here," she said. "I had some crew leave behind probes in the cities that have been evacuated. They're detecting seismic activity as well as unusual mana spikes."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
vaalbara is getting close to Weynard, and its gravity is starting to warp the planet. it will only get more pronounced as it gets closer.' Stripetail said. " the earthquakes will get more powerful, and the mana more devastating."
_
 anything we can do about it?" kopa asked as the team ate pancakes and hash browns from the buffet stripetail had created. ""we need to activate the apollo lens, and get the remaing inhabitants off of Weynard, and we must do so within the next 5 days " stripetail said. Agumina raised her claw " you realize that we've spent the last week, running hither and yon, bribing people to leave? We are not yet fully recovered from that" Agumina I Understand your concerns" Stripetail began before Dixie and Scooby chimed in "I still have zol to mold ' Scooby said. "you can do that afterwards , Scooby.' How exactly is this contributing to the discussion?" tiger the wolf said, harshly ' Get up on the wrong side of the bed Tiger?' Dixie replied. Hey guys. arguing at this point in the morning, isnt helpful ' agumon said " yes, You're on the same side " gabumon said, trying to play peacemaker.' enough!' stripetail cut in , rendering them quiet.' ' loook, i know you are tired, and that you would rather not go back down there, but our options are limited. Once Vaalbara and Weynard are saved, i will give you all a nice break in Sonora'  " Can it be a week?" Mona asked jumping into his lap.' Mona!' Luca said reaching for her ' Don't interrupt the meeting, honey!' She turned to Stripetail ' I must apologize, MR Stripetail' Luca began , but Stripetail raised his paw ' children are only young once, and your daughter simply wants to have fun. I will not begrudge her that' He turned to Mona, who was curled in the squirrel's lap, and Stripetail patted her headfur, while Mona  let out a contented sigh. ' yes, once this is all over. you can all have a nice break."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: