The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Mysterious Disappearance of the Original LBT

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Barroth the Blue Mage,Nov 7 2013 on  09:45 AM
Sorry for replying late, people. I’ve been quite busy with my part-time job lately.

@ WeirdRaptor

Different people have different ways of expressing thoughts, you know? Just to let you know, I am a very straight-forward person. If I wanted to call something a “crap”, I would have used that word already. But I didn’t. And I’ve always loved Land Before Time, even the heavily edited version.

@ FreckledOne

I think I’ve seen a few topics like that in this forum, though I don’t really have the time to go through them all. Can you provide the link of that topic, please? I will appreciate that.

@ Phantom

You mean when sharp-tooth fell down on his face during the fight and Littlefoot took the opportunity to kick him in the face? I think yes. And that only angered sharp-tooth even more. Though I’m not sure if Littlefoot did it out of anger for hurting his mother or out of plain mischief.
Here's the thing; I made that up. It's easy to believe that you've seen the uncut version. I believed it for a while, and I was wrong. But maybe you did. Maybe.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Barroth the Blue Mage,Nov 4 2013 on  08:56 PM
...ignored the part where I said the edited movie is still brilliant.

The Land Before Time is truly a brilliant

The heavily edited version of the film, which is very likely the only existing version now, is such a crying shame

I coulda swoooorn your first post said something about the edited version being 7/10 and the uncut version being 10/10 lol

Barroth the Blue Mage

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I know. And I was just playing along with you. When I saw how you would try to save my every quote in your posts with your first question so I can't change them afterward, I knew you were trying to play some game with me. So I tried to end your game as soon as possible. I hope this satisfies you.

Edit: Ludichris1, that is my personal opinion, of course. I believe it isn't wrong for me to voice up my thoughts?

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Barroth the Blue Mage,Nov 7 2013 on  12:54 PM
I know. And I was just playing along with you. When I saw how you would try to save my every quote in your posts with your first question so I can't change them afterward, I knew you were trying to play some game with me. So I tried to end your game as soon as possible. I hope this satisfies you.

Edit: Ludichris1, that is my personal opinion, of course. I believe it isn't wrong for me to voice up my thoughts?
I wasn't actually trying to save your quotes, but fair enough.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now settle down everyone... please.

I personally believe Barroth. Period. And even, if he made that up, - I highly doubt that because his summary was simply too plausible - just agree on it and move on. It's up to Barroth what he believes in after all... and I believe in what he said.
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ What David said concerning settling down.
As pointed out before I am sure that everyone here is talking in absolute faith in the truth of the own words. Neither party can give absolute proof that they have either seen the uncut movie or disprove that the other party did. With such an absence of evidence everybody should think what he or she wants but give the other party the benefit of doubt.
Those who think they have seen the movie accepting that short of any definite evidence not everybody will take their word as absolute fact while those who don't think anybody saw the uncut version accept the theoretical possibility that they did and the certainty that those who think they saw the uncut version are no less convinced of what they saw as you are of what they didn't see.
In any case with a matter so impossible to prove or disprove (unless somebody actually obtained and shared an uncut version of the movie) any quarreling is absolutely futile; nothing is to be achieved by it.
Also I must stress that I haven't ever seen anyone of those who think they saw the uncut movie try to gain any advantage from it or trying to show of or act in any kind of manner about it which I would regard as provocative.
With that being said I hope we can return to a more peaceful tone in a discussion on which we needn't share the view of either party but in which it should not take too much of a toll to accept it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
As much as I hate to quote an internet meme: pics, or it didn't happen. I firmly believe that the "proper" version of the film has never been seen by anyone outside of Universal studio employees and is has likely been lost forever. There are a number of things that I dreamed or imagined from my childhood that I could have sworn were real, but ultimately turned out to just be the product of a vivid imagination.
So, no, Malte, I do not believe that anyone who has claimed to have seen the original version actually has, nor will I just be taking their word for it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So, no, Malte, I do not believe that anyone who has claimed to have seen the original version actually has, nor will I just be taking their word for it.
Nor were you asked to take their word for it as fact.
All I ask to take their word for is that they ARE convinced that they did see the movies while I ask those who are convinced they saw the movies to accept the scepticism about the factual basis for memories of some 25 years ago.

I don't see anybody as lying about what he or she believes or trying to gain any advantages.
There is no point in quarreling about that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't believe they're lying. I just believe they've let over-active imaginations get the better of them.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile

Barroth the Blue Mage

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Oh, no. We weren't arguing, Ducky123. I was just playing some mind game with Phantom. Though I admit I did it out of cynicism.

Malte279, you are right. I shouldn't have caused an unnecessary commotion and I'm sorry. I was angry not really because some people are being sceptical about my claim that I had seen the uncut movie. But because someone accused me of calling the theatrical version of the film a "crap" when I have not said so. But again, my apologies. I will try not to argue with people who disagree with me from now on.

And, thanks a bunch, FreckledOne.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was me misunderstanding you. Sorry about that again.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That was me misunderstanding you. Sorry about that again.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: jansenov,Nov 4 2013 on  05:48 AM
I, for one, have always accepted the possibility that my mind is playing tricks on me. If people can see UFOs, then people could might as well see missing LBT scenes. However, when you have vivid images in your mind it takes a lot of self-discipline to dismiss them completely.
I've thought about that too but it's pretty hard to accept this possibility, since I did find actual cels showing scenes that I remembered beforehand.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow! Nice to meet you! You are so lucky to have seen the original uncut!! :smile

I'm glad someone has!  :smile