The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

An Odd Rumor

Raptor · 82 · 9096

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've read up a little more, and it turns out there was varitions on this rumor. Ala, the Gang dieing in the Great Earthshake, or the Gang's deaths being a cut scene because it was too violent, and the ending was meant to by Dinosaur Heaven.

@\Raptor/@

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I didn't ever read these exact variations of the rumor. Where did you read it?

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I searched "LBT Rumors"(with quotation marks... god knows what I'd get without them) and got a few sites that talked about rumors that spawned after the first movie. The various versions of "The Gang Died and The Great Valley is Heaven!" rumors were listed. I don't really remember the sites' URLs.

@\Raptor/@

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
quote from ending of LBT 1 (from memory so it may be a little off):

And they all grew up together in the valley, generation upon generation, each passing on to the next, the tale of the journey to the valley...long ago.

#1, how would they grow up together if they were dead?

#2, how would they have children if they were dead

#3, how would they have been able to pass on any stories if they were dead?

There is no way this guy could have thought that it was really heaven unless he didn't watch it to the end.  This quote was taken at the end of LBT 1 right before the "diana ross" song.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've known about this for awhile. I mean, who would think up something like this? It's not like he/she ever saw any of the out take footage that might (of course, we know it doesn't) have supported this.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Funny enough I don't believe this rumor at all. It interesting idea that this person came up with but I don't believe it for a heart beat.

Since in the book that I heard about from people here on the GOF Littlefoot sees the Old Sharptooth had been following him towards the Great Valley when he found it first so he goes back to get his friends and to stop him before heading there themselves.

with that conclusion my mind is very much made up

and what Landbeforetimelover said is ture as well. so the rumor of a heaven and they all died is nothing more then hot air.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I never said I believed it, I just said this person believed. It's a very odd rumor, considering the ending speech and stuff, but he could've just not listened to the bit at the end. He mantains this was what the ending meant.

@\Raptor/@

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think anyone was accusing you of believing it, Raptor.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I must have misunderstood what Threehorn was saying. Still, the topic mantains. What made him believe this after the sequals started coming out?

@\Raptor/@

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
That dude that submitted this to imdb.com a long time ago is getting his 15 minutes of fame here.  :rolleyes:

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
*sigh* You're probably right. I still want to know what made him think that.

@\Raptor/@

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I didn't read the rumor posts recently, but in this discussion I was assuming we were talking about the rumor about an alternative ending of the land before time that might have been considered by some members of the staff at some time but was obviously never realized. That is about as much credit as I think could be given to this rumor over those which lack ANY possible basis whatsoever.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I was also bringing up the fact that there was a rumor that the Great Valley in the current ending was thought to be an interpetation of heaven, and that the Gang died. Nowadays, that obviously false, but there are some people who believe that's what the ending was intended to mean, or that there was an alternate ending to that effect. So, you're right, Malte, but this disscussion is also about the other versions of the rumor.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm with the "this is a rumor a viewer made up" crowd. Anyone watching the film would certainly know that Littlefoor and his friends are all still alive at the end of the story. landbeforetimelover pointed out all the reason we ever need to know why.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm with the "this is a rumor a viewer made up" crowd.
Is there anyone who isn't? ;)
It couldn't be more obvious a fact that none of the maincharacters died in the original (or any other) LBT movie.
The only thing I say on behalf of the rumor is that it might be possible that at some point in the planning of LBT somebody brought up the death of the maincharacters as an option. There have been some concepts for a gloomier land before time. Whether or not dying maincharacters were part of those gloomier concepts I cannot say, but I cannot exclude it either. For that reason I don't discard that rumor as completely as some other rumors.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Just another thing to point out.  If they had really died and gone to dino heaven then wouldn't Littlefoot have been reunited with his mother?  It seems that whoever started this rumor didn't think about that. :rolleyes:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I just said that in case there was anyone on here who actually had any serious considerations for the rumor. 'It takes all sorts', after all.

Excellent point General Grievous. I hadn't even thought of that, but I should have!  :lol:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Seriously, that would have been a weird ending. :P:  I would have been scratched my head and gone :huh:  :huh:  :huh: .

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
I've heard of this rumor as well, but I'm glad they didn't go with that kind of ending. Imagine how the kids watching the movie would've taken in that ending, no one would've left the theater room without being in tears. Myself included XD

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've heard of this rumor as well, but I'm glad they didn't go with that kind of ending. Imagine how the kids watching the movie would've taken in that ending, no one would've left the theater room without being in tears. Myself included XD

Took the words right out of my mouth, man. XD