The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Boy Scout Memorabilia

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I'm a collector of Scout patches from the Boy Scouts of America, I got hooked after going to NOAC (National Order of the Arrow Conference) and cashing in with a near perfect victory on my checklist :)

Recently my mom discovered a few pocket knives in my great grandfathers possessions, and one of the pocket knives was a Camillus Boy Scout Pocket Knife from between 1946 and 1950, the only thing that's odd... is my great grandfather was not in Scouting... -shrugs-

I also own other various things, a beret, a couple pins, my own awards etc.

Anyone else collect Scoutabilia? I know we have other Scouts on this forum

Keep in mind, just because I collect BSA stuff doesn't mean this is limited to that, Pfadtfinders, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts of Canada, Boy Scouts of Nippon etc. Go for it!

on that note I do collect foreign Boy Scout patches too, I have many from Japan, several from other places, including epaulets and what I imagine is the BSA patch equivalent of our flag... it's a fleur-de-lis... wait, I'll just upload my pic XD

This is a pic of my neckerchiff slide from Japan (says Boy Scouts of Nippon, then in hiragana I think it says everyday)

*note to a mod, if you could remove the "Boy" from the title to broaden the topic plz

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice that you collect scouting stuff.. I am on the girl scouts myself, but I do not collect any. I've got some badges and some other stuff though, but not because I collect them.

I enjoy scouting .. :)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to be in the boy scouts looong ago.  Sadly the first 3-4 months were the best, then the scoutmaster, who was in the air force, was restationed elsewhere and another person took over.  It was terrible then.  I found out recently from a friend that the guy had a very bad reputation.  I guess that is why the assistant scout master stopped showing up once the new guy took over, and 98% of the troop did as well.  I don't have anything I saved nor collect from scouting.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well a went with a friend of mine that is a scout to a scout camp, I had a good time, but I don¥t think ill join...