The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cera's redemption

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
You know, I've usually wondered how Cera got to change her ways at the end of the movie and one of my fanfics, A Change is Made, has a theory, but it's best for you to read that in my previous topic.

Anyway, does anyone have ideas? Feel free to speak, I'll answer.  :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I have seen part of A Change Is Made, but I don't think that story can really explain why Cera changed her ways. A Change Is Made does not fit into the LBT universe and has some crossover elements (Darth Vader showing up). A more likely scenario is that, after Cera ran away after being saved by Littlefoot and the others, she spent some time by herself and thought about what she did and felt guilty about it. But since her changing her mind is not seen in the movie, one can only speculate exactly how it went.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could have made an interesting scene in the movie, if it wasn't to long.  Get folks to know Cera better.  Though some folks dislike movies that show that characters are thinking and such scenes like that.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well the narrator says she realized she was wrong about the route, but still thought she knew better than littlefoot  and refused to come with him even after he told he had been in the great valley already. So, while she was alone she thought about it and came to her senses.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think there are several experiences Cera made throughout the original movie which probably had an effect on Cera. However, I don't see Cera's change as a total change of character based on a single incident.
She still lapses back to some "threehornish" attitudes which make up for much of her character and which are (though not in the worst degree) based on her rather racist attitudes.
One deleted scene which I think would have been very interesting for her character building was the Oasis scene (being subjected to the same kind of racisim may have worked as kind of an eyeopener for Cera.
One of the books I have mentions the scene with the footprint in a way that differs slightly from the movie. In that book when Cera approaches the footprint and wakes up Littlefoot unintentionally with the pebbles she kicks loose their looks meet and according to the book any word from Littlefoot in that moment would have sent off Cera forever. His not making a point of the little "triumph" apparently impressed Cera.
Also Cera's being proven wrong about the way and Littlefoot's continuous support and forgiving (about an offense which she too probably must have recognized as very serious once she thought about it) probably had a great effect.
Looking at LBT 2 and 3 in particular the conflicts which her father (who was not around to quarrel with for most of the original movie) may also have contributed a lot to making Cera less "extremist" than some other threehorns.

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 17 2010 on  08:52 AM
I have seen part of A Change Is Made, but I don't think that story can really explain why Cera changed her ways. A Change Is Made does not fit into the LBT universe and has some crossover elements (Darth Vader showing up). A more likely scenario is that, after Cera ran away after being saved by Littlefoot and the others, she spent some time by herself and thought about what she did and felt guilty about it. But since her changing her mind is not seen in the movie, one can only speculate exactly how it went.
Well, I try to be creative about this. After all, George Lucas was the executive producer of the first LBT movie and since Star Wars came first, I thought I'd add Vader as an example of redemption to Cera. A sort of tribute to the dude, if you might call it.

Besides, I'm still working on the next chapter. You'll have to wait and see what happens.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I personally think it was the time she spent alone after her humiliation that made Cera finally snap out of her narrow-minded mentality.  She did have a lot of time for introspection, and after seeing how her friends came and saved her even though they could've just left her (remember Littlefoot saying, "We never wanted you with us anyway!"?), I think she began to realize that she had the best friends anybody could hope to ever have and that other species/races are not so bad after all.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
To add on to CT's point, I like to think that she realized she was much safer with Littlefoot and the others. I mean, despite her comment after their second encounter with Sharptooth ("Nobody is safe with you"), throughout the movie she really wasn't in so much danger while she was with them. Everytime she was alone, she was in some form of peril (when she found Sharptooth in the canyon and when she was running from the head-butters). She probably realized that considering how she was still alive because she was with the group, she really couldn't go off by herself, and she could especially not lead the group like Littlefoot did.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I think she basically did some serious soul searching, and then finally came to her senses.

One of the books I have mentions the scene with the footprint in a way that differs slightly from the movie. In that book when Cera approaches the footprint and wakes up Littlefoot unintentionally with the pebbles she kicks loose their looks meet and according to the book any word from Littlefoot in that moment would have sent off Cera forever. His not making a point of the little "triumph" apparently impressed Cera.

I don't exactly uderstand what you mean

DarthWill3

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  06:14 PM
I think she basically did some soul searching, and came to her senses.

Either that or she saw the Ghost of Jacob Marley in her sleep. ;)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Jan 22 2012 on  06:14 PM
I think she basically did some serious soul searching, and then finally came to her senses.

What he means is that in the book for the first movie, the scene where the gang move to the sharpteeth footprint where Littlefoot was sleeping by himself, is portrayed a little differently. In the movie, Cera is the last to move over to the spot and when she does, Littlefoot simply welcomes her in without question. In the book, Cera kicks a pebble which hits Littlefoot and wakes him up. He could have said something to her, which would have gotten Cera riled up, but he didn't. This impressed Cera because he wasn't arguing with her.

I hope that makes a little more sense.

Bruton the Iguanodon