The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My review of the movie

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hey everyone. I made a video to share my thoughts on the original Land Before Time on my youtube account and also plan to review the sequels sometime in the future. My Land Before Time review is Part 1/2 of my LBT-Disney's Dinosaur videos where I will compare the two films to see how much Dinosaur ripped off and which one is the better film in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIFJJBJPRrc...nel_video_title

I do a summary of the film and add in the problems I have with the plot (pretty much ANY problem at all I point out, so don't watch the video and think that I have a problem with the film in general, because I really don't, it's just that I wanted to point out the parts where I believed the film was lacking) plus the things that I really liked. I have so much else to say on the movie, but of cource I had to fit it into a 15:30 video (I do not have unlimited time limit on my channel)

Here's my review of dinosaur/the comparison: (Part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZMNedzk5k...nel_video_title

Enjoy!

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Nicely done. It's rare to find a review of this film that doesn't either crucify it because of its flaws, or gush about how great it is and ignore its flaws. You got a nice inbetween, it seems. You stated how you loved it, but didn't avoid pointing out the flaws. Not to mention, you did a good job of explaining the reasons behind the flaws, namely the choppy editing.
I'll be interested in your part 2. I did see Dinosaur, but I remember almost nothing of it.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I for one really loved that movie. It was the best movie ever, The first movie get's a 10/10 from me,

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Aug 2 2011 on  08:56 AM
Nicely done. It's rare to find a review of this film that doesn't either crucify it because of its flaws, or gush about how great it is and ignore its flaws. You got a nice inbetween, it seems. You stated how you loved it, but didn't avoid pointing out the flaws. Not to mention, you did a good job of explaining the reasons behind the flaws, namely the choppy editing.
I'll be interested in your part 2. I did see Dinosaur, but I remember almost nothing of it.
Thanks. It's really nice to get some feedback on this review and i'm happy that you agreed and enjoyed it. Basicly everything I did point out in the review was the only problems I have with it, and it's very rare for a film to have all problems picked out of it in a short period of time, so yes I do really love the film.

And that's good to know, I've been kind of lazy with the part 2, but I shall get it up within a few days. As I said at the start of part 1, I thought I saw dinosaur when I was really little but it turned out I didn't, so it isn't quite as nostalgic for me as LBT.

And the reason that I didn't give LBT a 10/10, despite it being ranked somewhere in my top favourite films, is because it does have flaws, and the plot is too simple for some people. If I were to have all of my top 20 favourite films as 10/10 then LBT is probably a 10/10 :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unlike you I looked passed the flaws and said this is one of the best movie I've seen. And the flaws that I did point out was they cut a lot out. Uother than that it was a perfect 10/10.

Crasnex

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I often ignore the small flaws in films, and for the most part I did/do not care about the flaws in LBT, but it does effect what score I like to give to it. And there really arnt many flaws in LBT. And yes, most of the flaws I believe to be due to the executive meddling, so that is kind of a disappointment. But I still love the film for what it is

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I do as well. It was very good movie. i kinda wish they kept in the eleven minutes of deleted footage of the movie. It's a shame they did delete it. But The directors found it to be to dark and violent for a kids movies. I was like Don Bluth is known for his dark kids movies. But it was still a fantastic movie.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile