The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 56575

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There's no specific OC one but there's some good opportunities to include them while also being a bit more open so I think it will be better in the long run.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Does the crossover prompt have to include the whole gang? I've got an idea...but it only involves Littlefoot...

(well...Littlefoot and characters from other movies  :lol)
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
at this rate, I might end up finishing my sep/oct prompt along with my nov/dec prompt :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Mine will definitely be a belated submission at this point.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A reminder to anyone else who might be participating that the official deadline for the current humanization prompt will be Jan 31!
Don't worry Stardust, I'm also going to be late as well. The 9 days of vacation I had for Christmas threw me off potentially hitting the deadline and I need to get my motivation back. Hopefully I can have it done before Jan 9 when the expansion for Monster Hunter gets released :lol

@Ducky123 How are your drawings coming along btw? You're reaching the 2 month overdue for the hurt/fear prompt. Not sure if I should be extending it indefinitely. Let me know when you might have it done please.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's taking a lot of time but give me until the end of the week and I think I can do it  :bolt

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds good Ducky, I'll make sure to pester you a bit more about it down the road  :PCera

Alright it's the new year, which means 2019's prompts are now (almost) over and done with. Since I picked up taking over the prompts in the middle of 2019 I just want to thank everyone who has participated in all of these prompts throughout the year, from all the newcomers that helped it grow to the people who have continued to support it over the years! I'm hoping we can continue this trend into 2020 and bring the fanart part of the community up to par with the fanfic section!  :Mo

I also appreciate the help Iris has done with a lot of the behind the scenes stuff like coming up with a majority of prompts for 2020 and coming up with the signature awards to help recognize members' contributions, which leads me into my next order of business. For the awards we wanted to use fanart that was submitted this year to give it a more unique and personal look. The question is do we just pick one for everyone or make multiple for people to choose? Iris has already made some of them as examples and I want to know what you guys think about this idea. Do you guys want to pick from a select few or do you want to pick a certain drawing that you submitted? Let me know!  :)littlefoot

And finally, the first prompt for the new year has now officially started!
Jan/Feb: Villains off-duty: Sharptooth just had a lovely meal. What is he going to do in his time off? (Other villains also welcome)

Just in time for the Sharptooth Showcase! What sort of crazy antics can you guys come up with? I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For the awards we wanted to use fanart that was submitted this year to give it a more unique and personal look. The question is do we just pick one for everyone or make multiple for people to choose? Iris has already made some of them as examples and I want to know what you guys think about this idea. Do you guys want to pick from a select few or do you want to pick a certain drawing that you submitted? Let me know!  :)littlefoot
Just to give an idea, these are some of the examples I showed off to Flathead:

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
It’s not only the members that comprise this forum, but also the innovation and level of creativity that shines within everyone here is what keeps me coming back here everyday. That’s a pretty awesome idea Mumbling; showcasing their art on the fanart prompt awards shows them not only recognition, but also that their work is highly appreciated and that their dedication was worth it. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Indeed! However it should still be decided how we go ahead with this.

- Will people be able to select one of these, like with the fanfiction award banners?
- Will you get to pick some of your own art that you made for the prompt and feature that on the banner?
- Will everyone get the same banner, like we did for 2018?

I don't feel strongly for any of these options, so it'd be nice to get some feedback from the community. Just gonna tag everyone involved in the 2019 prompts:
@LeventeII @DarkWolf91 @Flathead770 @Ducky123 @Sneak @UnionRags123 @StardustSoldier @OwlsCantRead

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the first option. :p The banners look really cool! :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I must agree that the banners are absolutely amazing. I especially find the Petrie one to be perhaps the best out of them all, but I may be a bit biased. :D

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I feel like since the banners are already made we should let people chose from the 4 and if they want to have a more personal choice they can ask. I for one already have my sights on the Brootie one  :PCera

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
yeah those are great!. I wouldn't mind getting to choose from a select number of them :)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I dunno what option is better.
let other people decide. :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
By the way... does Rhett count as a villain? :lol

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile