The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chicken Run - or how Rhett got chased out of the Valley and trampled by Yellowbe

Ducky123 · 150 · 21327

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
If you still want to write the introduction post, Ducky, then I'll leave that to you. As soon as that's done, then I can participate anytime. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
W00t! The roleplay is LIVE  :bestsharptooth

Let me know if that introduction works for you guys. I've tried to leave it rather open for now :)
Inactive, probably forever.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
First post completed! :)

What does anyone think of my first post in the first role play I ever participated in online? Did I do well? :)littlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
What does anyone think of my first post in the first role play I ever participated in online? Did I do well? :)littlefoot

It looks great to me! And I love the idea of using the colors for the characters talking!
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

It looks good! I will be color-coding my posts as well.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought you did great too, UnionRags123, and so did the others. You portrayed the personalities of Petrie and Spike pretty well with a short and sweet post, and I love the clumsiness of the former. :lol

And thanks. I've always utilized color for each different character that speaks (if you see my posts in the Caption section), so its not really anything new. And besides, other people have done it way before I ever started.

Did you forget to put a laughing emote in your post, hmmm? Of course, role playing is the exception, but this is the discussion thread. ;)

It looks good! I will be color-coding my posts as well.

Thanks! :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Did you forget to put a laughing emote in your post, hmmm? Of course, role playing is the exception, but this is the discussion thread. ;)
Thanks! :)

it's nearly midnight  :lol

maybe use lime green for Ducky?  :lol

Since Spike is also green...or maybe Spike won't be color coded...since it's just thoughts for him  :lol

and here's a 4th and 5th lol dino :lol just because -.-  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was going to use "maroon" for Mama Swimmer. If this is too hard on the eyes, though, just let me know. I was reluctant to use brown for Mama just because I thought brown would be good for Petrie.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Rhett are also brownish
although that doesn't really look brown to me  :lol

Chomper purple?

Ruby pink?

Mama Flyer?

Rhett is supposed to be beige...but this doesn't look beige to me

:lol
I do think that the Gang + Ali + Rhett should get priority on colors

although I don't think Mama Swimmer would have competition for maroon
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I guess Spike can be color coded as well. Just put his thoughts into italics and his color code. So yeah, I think we can use regular green for Spike and lime green for Ducky. And personally, the bright green fits Ducky's personality better. :)

For Petrie, I use brown.
For Cera, I use orange.
For Chomper, I use indigo.
For Littlefoot, I use tan. Although, Rhett is kind of the same color as him.
For Ruby, I use pink.
For Guido, I use teal.

As for any other characters, well I'm not sure. These are just my personal color codes for these characters. It can vary for other people.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I might've picked brown for Littlefoot, but since that's Petrie's colour, I too have used tan for Littlefoot instead. For Chomper, I like indigo because then purple can be for Mo.
:Mo

As for Mama Swimmer, I'd probably go with blue, since teal seems to suit Guido. Not really sure what to suggest for Rhett. Aside from that, I probably agree with all your guys' picks.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Where the heck are you finding these other colors?  :lol
the ones I listed were what I saw on the dropdown list

however...it is 12:42 am in my time zone...and I am not wearing my glasses  :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would’ve mentioned Mo for purple in my post, but sadly he may not appear in the role play (not yet perhaps!)

If he can make an appearance, you know who to go to for that role. ;)

Where the heck are you finding these other colors?  :lol
the ones I listed were what I saw on the dropdown list

however...it is 12:42 am in my time zone...and I am not wearing my glasses  :lol

Those other colors we mentioned are not in the list itself, but rather you have to type it in yourself in the bracket that says [color=]. I’ve noticed that not every single color that exists would work here when I tried, but a lot of them do though. You just gotta experiment, that’s all.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Outside of the fifteen colours available in the drop-down menu, these are all the ones that I know about.

- Indigo
- Violet
- Light blue
- Aquamarine
- Lime (slightly brighter than 'Lime green')
- Gold
- Silver
- Salmon
- Olive
- Tan
- Crimson
- Grey (slightly darker than the default forum grey)

There's probably others as well.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here are some other colors outside the list.

Aqua
Snow
Chocolate
Coral
Cyan
Ivory
Magenta
Orchid
Plum
Turquoise

God, it was painful to test out the colors. And we’re only scratching the surface in terms of the total amount of colors that actually exist.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks. Nice discovery there. Copying and pasting those into a Microsoft Word document and looking at the RGB values, however, shows that Aqua and Cyan are exactly the same, although Turquoise is a bit different. As well, Snow and Ivory are slightly different from each other.

God, it was painful to test out the colors. And we’re only scratching the surface in terms of the total amount of colors that actually exist.
I was going to suggest that there might be some sort of web list somewhere of what colour terms would be accepted by the forum. But then again, I remember testing out "bronze" before and it didn't work, even though "bronze" is an officially recognized web colour with specific hex and RGB values.

Update! I found a complete list here! :D

Wow, there's even more than I was expecting. Many of them are terms I've never even heard of before.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:53:34 AM by StardustSoldier »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Update! I found a complete list here! :D

Wow, there's even more than I was expecting. Many of them are terms I've never even heard of before.
I was gonna pipe in that web CSS probably had a standard dictionary of RGB colors somewhere on the web, but looks like your search skills beat me to it. :^^spike
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I found this color from an older thread on the forum. #a9c1ff

Not exactly sure what shade of blue this is, but apparently you can use the actual hex values inside the [color=] brackets.

#800000 works for Maroon, #FFFF00 works for Yellow, etc.

Let's experiment by picking out three completely random color hex values using the color picker. Hmm...let's see.

#fafc72, #b36d70, #282242.

Wow, it actually works. So it should be possible to have color codes for any character that we may use in the role play. :yes

Edit: Yes, I didn't know you could use the actual hex values until now. If you knew already, then don't mention it to me. :P
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 04:37:24 PM by ImpracticalDino »