The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Things Change

action9000 · 255 · 18936

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Would you mind terribly if I joined up too? I'm looking forward to singing this song with you guys. If I'm not banned from this because of how bad I sounded in the last song. ;)  :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sure thing, welcome aboard! :D
Gee, seems like we have just as large of a singing group for this song as the last one. These songs are sure drawing a lot of attention lately! :wow

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 6 2007 on  08:35 PM
Sure thing, welcome aboard! :D
Gee, seems like we have just as large of a singing group for this song as the last one. These songs are sure drawing a lot of attention lately! :wow
Yeah, but I see that as a good thing. I mean think about it if less and less people joined you wouldn't really want to do the singing projects anymore but since they attract more interest/people singing that's a great thing that people are interested in the singing projects. That is actually on the long list of reasons I keep coming back here. I only sung one song and I'm hooked. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Seeing that you probably have someone who can take on the "challenging" part (which isn't so) I'll drop out.  Like I said before, we've done all the ones I'm interested in so I'm not bothered by this.  Sometimes too many participants can be a bad thing too.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing that you probably have someone who can take on the "challenging" part (which isn't so) I'll drop out.
Sounds good, Petrie.  Thanks for your offered assistance. B)

Sometimes too many participants can be a bad thing too.
If we get many more I may need to start holding auditions LOL! :lol
GoF Idol anyone? :p

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Aug 6 2007 on  09:15 PM
As long as we don't have someone  like Simon Cowell on this forum who criticises our singing . That's actually a good idea. :)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Aug 7 2007 on  05:26 AM
Quote from: action9000,Aug 6 2007 on  09:15 PM
As long as we don't have someone  like Simon Cowell on this forum who criticises our singing . That's actually a good idea. :)
I agree with you :D

Saphireraptor

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hmm does anyone have the mp3 of this song? greatly appriciated!
and whoas the female vocals are pretty high this one around lol. lets see if sapphire can hit that note  :lol

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hmm does anyone have the mp3 of this song? greatly appriciated!
Sure do!

Click this link:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3255352/e3cc567/LBT.html

On the left side, click on the "Official Songs" folder.  You will see "Things Change" on the list on the right side. B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm well....
There is still no word on my computer.  I have no idea when I'll be getting it back now.  They were supposed to call me on Wednesday or Thursday.  They are almost closed up for the day today (Friday) and I haven't heard a word.  I will let you all know when I get my computer back, but it's still "To Be Announced" unfortunately. <_<

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you still haven't gotten a word back on your computer, I'd call them/visit the office/whatever. This is not right. You should have heard something by now.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well here's some good news; I finally got my computer back today (monday).  Everything worked out nicely (minus it taking longer than expected).  It was all still under warranty so there was no charge and everything seems fully functional again. :D

The song project is back on; I will keep you posted on the status of the song. B)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, good to hear. I'm looking forward to this! B)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, seeing as it's almost (or, for some of you, already is) August 14th, could you change the estimated completion date for the background music from August 4 to something a little more realistic? Just a heads-up. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: action9000,Aug 13 2007 on  11:53 PM
Good spotting; I'm on it. B)
EDIT: Fixed.
I am happy for you, that you have your computer back now action :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Slow?  Me? :p

Yeah, I'm slow.
I'm sorry for the wait, everyone.  In theory I could have had it done by now; I've just been so exhausted lately.  I've been *trying* to sleep at every opportunity but just haven't been able to.  I don't know how well you folks are able to work on extracurricular projects when you're really tired but I know I sure can't!

I'm seriously thinking of quitting my night shift job and finding something with better hours.  My body just can't handle this and I think I'm getting insomnia from the weird schedule...

Anyways, that's the best excuse I have.  I probably could have fought through and got this done on time, but I didn't.  I apologize for this.  I will actually probably quit my job after my shift tonight and focus on finding a "real" job full-time.  Nothing about life is pleasant when you're always tired.  The few bucks I made doing this isn't worth it anymore.

I know it isn't the best excuse in the world.  Since I will probably be quitting tonight I will hopefully be able to finish this song up in the near future.  I won't give a date because it will depend on too many factors.

Please bear with me everyone, I will have the music ready as soon as possible.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's taken almost a month to gain 30%. At this rate, we'll be done late October/early November. Well, so much for a August 17th background music completion date. -_-

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm just fine with the long delay.  I wanna sing in my new house anyways and I'm not quite done moving yet.  I should be done in 2 weeks though. :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's taken almost a month to gain 30%.
Yes, and two weeks of this I didn't have access to my computer nor my proejct file.

At this rate, we'll be done late October/early November. Well, so much for a August 17th background music completion date. -_-
Grumbling, are we?
"Ideally.  Subject to change."

I understand your point.  Allow me to just point out a few things.

1) This is an unpaid project which trains me very little for "real" audio projects because everything is so makeshift and relatively unstructured.  I also have music projects in the works that are for contests, soundtracks and whatnot (most of which don't have deadlines (one has a deadline in 3 months) but I see them as more valueable experience for me).  

2)I am doing this 100% for fun.  If it does not feel like fun to work on (do you want to work on anything when you're overly stressed or tired?), why would I add *more* stress to my life to work on it?  

3) I understand people are waiting but I don't think it will kill anyone to not be able to record themselves sitting at their computer singing "Things Change" for awhile longer, whereas it would put considerable physical and mental pressure on me to reduce the wait times.  I like to be generous but there are limits :p

I do have the option of cancelling this project completely.  As stated above, this project isn't exactly a career-making move.  Don't tempt me to ruin everyone's fun, please.  It will be done when it's done.  I'm quitting my job soon so I'll have more free time (for awhile anyway).

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, no rush, man. I'm just saying the completion date might not be such a good idea if it's so erratic. It might give "false impressions", you know.