The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Song Project: Things Change

action9000 · 255 · 18847

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I send Action WAV's, but that's cuz I don't really care.  I can upload a 10mb wav in less than 30 seconds, but for someone on dialup, uploading 10mb would be a killer. :( Mp3 is a lot smaller though.  I'm sure you'll manage.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
How many takes should I record? And what about the whole overlapping harmony issue?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
At least two would be good (three is better).  This should help with the harmony issue if one take happens to have a better blend than another one did.  I will take either mp3 or wav files.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think I'll just stick to my original plan and send separate main and harmony recordings. I'll supply, hmm, say 3 each, for a total of 6 files.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's my simple rule on harmony:

If you want to record the harmony parts, feel free to do so.  If you don't, you don't have to.  We'll use whatever Petrie and I end up with. B)
If nobody else sings harmony, I'll be sure to so we have something in our song.

Song will be posted up sometime within the next 24 hours. :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here it is, after a looong wait:

This is only a rough release.  I don't have the music 100% complete but this mp3 is full length and complete enough that it's very recognizeable as the original song.  I haven't put in a couple of layers in a few places and I there are a few volume controllers I haven't programmed in yet, but other than that it's complete.  While it is technically a rough release, it's perfectly functional as a full release.

This mp3 has a piano playing the melody on top of the background music, to help the singers keep time with the song.  If you would prefer an mp3 without the instrumental melody, let me know and I'll post one up for you. :)

Things Change, instrumental background music with piano melody:
http://www.driveway.com/nknde61975

Happy singing everyone!
No deadline on the recordings yet; I will let everyone know well ahead of time if there will be a deadline.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Remember all vocal recordings get emailed to me, NOT Tim.  Do not post links in here to files, hoping I see them.

araychel AT gmail.com

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would just like to confirm that I have everybody on this list who is interested in singing:

Action9000 ( :P: )
Dash the Longneck
duckytears
Flathead
landbeforetimelover
littlefoot
littlefoot1616
Malte
Manny Cav
Nimrod
Pokeplayer
Ryuuzaki
Saftycera
SaphireRaptor
Stitch

Please check that your name is on the above list.  If it isn't and you want to be a part of it, let me know. B)  Also, if you have decided not to sing with us, let me know as well and I'll take your name off.

So far we have unofficially reached a new participation record of 15 people (the previous record being 12 people for Bestest Friends) if everyone on the above list sends in a recording to Adam. :D  Good thing I just got a new computer in July...my old one could never handle this many audio tracks with full effects (multiband compressors eat up boatloads of CPU in real-time...15 of those things would kill my old compy!) :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was starting to wonder if you would EVER get it done, Action. :)

This one is definately a tear-jerker.  Such songs can be difficult to sing in time with the music.  These types of songs can especially effect those who are emotionial.  Just a warning for those who decide to try it out.  For this one, it WILL be important to have the nessacary amount of will to control your feelings.

I'll try to have this done ASAP.  You have unfortunately finished it at a rather busy time with my hobbies in my life.  For one, I promised a good number of my friends that I'd have a certian fanfic (NOT a LBT one, but something else.) done by Sunday, and I've got quite a good amount left to do.  It would be rather difficult for me to take the time to try and perfect it like I always do to the best of my ability, so not until after Sunday can I take such a nessacary amount of time to do so.  With a job and all, I probably won't get the nessacary amount of time until this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday.  So please be patient, okay? :)

So I send it to Petrie, huh?  Okay!

Well, I'll see ya later! :^.^:

Saftycera

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/saft
Will do my recording ASAP It's kinda hard since I'm in the middle of moving house right now and the internet is at my mother's house along with my microphone and computer <3

It is quite nice to listen to along on it's own too, I might stick it on my MP3 player~!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Hehe, I have a short time now to sit at my grandparents PC :^.^: . Well, could you send me this background over yousendit? I cannot open files of driveway. And if it¥s possible without the piano parts. Thx :)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
And if it¥s possible without the piano parts. Thx
Here is the link to the background music with no melody, as requested.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...EF596042F28F1F2
This is where you may hear the fact that the music isn't 100% complete yet.  A couple parts, mainly near the end, are missing a layer or two.  I'll have that fixed for the final release, once I get the voice recordings.

I was starting to wonder if you would EVER get it done, Action.
So was I. :lol  :lol:

I probably won't get the nessacary amount of time until this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday.
That's no problem at all.  If I am to set a deadline, it will be closer to December than anything else.  A week or two is just fine with me! B)

It is quite nice to listen to along on it's own too, I might stick it on my MP3 player~!
Awww... :lol:  :wow

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Okey, thank you. But that I understand this correct. You want us now to record our voice to this background music and send it to Petrie or first to the fixed version of the background?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You may record to this song.  Send your recordings to Petrie.
Thanks. :wow

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sounds great.  I'll get to work! B)

Definently sounds incomplete.  Glad that's not the final version.  Thanks for the final release.

EDIT:  When's the due date?  I'm kinda getting over a cold right now.  I thought my voice wouldn't be too effected, but it is.  I sound like crap. :(

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When's the due date?
There isn't one at this point.  I'll let you know if we ever need to enforce a due date.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I'll guarantee you guys that my part of the project handling all the vocal recordings will not be done until Thanksgiving or later...that I can tell you.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Oct 13 2007 on  01:39 AM
Definently sounds incomplete.  Glad that's not the final version.  Thanks for the final release.
Whu, wait, "Thank's for the final release."? I thought those two links that action9000 provided were just rough releases, one with the piano melody, and one without it.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yes, those are what you will sing to.  The final release won't be done for over another month and they'll have the rest of the orchestra parts and all the singers.

Oh and thanks Nimrod for the recording.  I do have it.  I'll do a rough mix in due time and see if I'll need anything else from you.