The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Where in the world would you love to go?

oogaboo · 12 · 1314

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If I had a private jet and gained the ability to go anywhere in the world it would be Nicoya, Costa Rica. Simply because the water is fresh and people live in their 100's. Their is no pollutants or or nasty people whatsoever. But, since I live here in America, I'd go to California!
Come with me if you want to live. :lol:

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Visiting the United States of America would be nice. It's one of the most mysterious countries to me, like when some Americans study Russia, China, or Japan. Here on Croatian television there are many American movies and series, but I think that's not the way America is like. Many of that stuff is just propaganda, I think. That's one of the reasons I like forums like this one. You can get a glimpse of the lives of ordinary people from another part of the globe. There are similarities with life here in Croatia, but there vast differences as well. I don't mean just things like playing different sports or eating different food, or other superficial stuff like listening to the same pop music or wearing the same clothes (this one of the few things where it would be impossible to tell a Croatian from an American) but a different mentality and state of mind, view of ones place in the world both as an individual and as a culture. I have many impressions that I still can't put into a coherent structure, but I most definitely will in the future. A few months in America would go a long way to achieving this. Another country that I would like to study this way would be Germany. English, Americans, Germans, Swedes... bah, youre all Germans to me. :p  Like a Chinese would say:"You Europeans all look the same to me!" :lol

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Dominican Republic! Seems really nice, plus I could really use some good weather... <_<

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Feb 9 2011 on  06:54 PM
Florida. I'm sick of the cold here.
Not like its much warmer here ethier(at least during this time of year),I'm a floridean, I would know  :p

I guess I would like to go to ethier Thailand,South Africa or Scotland.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Belmont2500,Feb 9 2011 on  07:47 PM
Quote from: Adder,Feb 9 2011 on  06:54 PM
Florida. I'm sick of the cold here.
Not like its much warmer here ethier(at least during this time of year), I'm a floridean, I would know  :p
It is? :(
Okay then, maybe Austrailia, I'd probably meet AOFW Fox then. :DD He said that it is pretty warm there (I think).

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Right now the two places I would just love to visit are Italy and New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Also Japan, but not quite as much as the first two.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
To Jansenov:  If I could recommend some places you should go visit if you ever come to the States, I always recommend natural & historical landmarks.  I always enjoy trips to places like the Grand Canyon and Sedona in my home state.

As for myself, I always want to tour all of Japan.  The home of samurai, video games, & Godzilla!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, kinda hard since I've been to quite a number of places.  However, I dearly would love to go to Egypt (although I don't know if that will ever happen), Greece (Athens in particular to see some historical sites obviously), South Island in NZ (Never got the chance when I lived on the North Island to go there) and for the sake of it...I have to go to Rome again.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Japan. I'm a huge fan of most things Japanese: martial arts, ninjas, godzilla, anime, cosplaying, Buddhism, the works.

I know many of the places I'd check out: Mt Fuji and the forest of suicide, Iga Ueno city for the annual Ninja festival, Tokyo, Hokaido...

It just always seems like an interesting place to stay. Plus, I got all this knowledge of Japanese etiquette that would be otherwise wasted.