The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Talents!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Peek a boo! :D

So I recently got an email from my aunt proudly showing off with two of my cousins' talent, especially when it comes to singing. Obviously I *can* sing but never will as these two :) Go check them out!:

BTW, check out Nina's facebook
Nina's facebook if you liked her singing! :)

Obviously my talent would be polymer clay :). I've never had so much ease with anything and been so proud nonetheless.

So what do you have? A famous aunt or uncle? A magic hand which can draw anything without any work? Show off! :D Yes, for once a topic where nobody minds if you brag!  :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
My brother is in a band that he founded, and he plays lead guitar and sings vocals. He has been playing for a long time and he is really good. His band is called "Slim Pickinz and the Gentlemen Callers", and they already have an album of songs which I think are awesome. It's not family friendly music, as he really idolizes bands such as Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins, but it's still really good.

My sister sings, like me, and she is also really really good. She doesn't really sing for the family though, neither of us do, but I know she wouldn't mind if she was asked to. She is in the choir at her high school and was involved with the school musical last year.

As for myself, my two main talents are singing and martial arts. I have been singing ever since I was in kindergarten and haven't stopped since. I enjoy singing so much because I really get to let go of myself and just have fun. In the past, I have posted recordings of myself singing, and I have taken part in the GOF Singing Projects here. I hope to post more recordings of myself singing in the future.
I started martial arts when I was seven, beginning with Tae Kwon Do. I trained for eight years and became a 2nd Degree Black Belt. After that, I switched over to Tang Soo Do and have been training in this style ever since. I officially received my 2nd Dan Black Belt in Tang Soo Do last year, as I had to earn it again so my transfer could become official. I love martial arts so much because I basically grew up with it with Power Rangers.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There are no famous musicians or celebrities in my family to my knowledge (though there is an unconfirmed rumor U.S. President John Quincy Adams is an ancestor of mine ;)).  As for talent, it seems to run in my family:

*My biological mother loves to do stand-up comedy, and she also likes painting.  She likes to skate and participated in roller derby competitions as a teenager.

*My oldest biological sister (she turned eighteen last month) likes to play Guitar Hero and plays the guitar.  She also likes to sing, and she does beautiful beadwork jewelry.  We have Cherokee in our family line, so that could be where the beadwork ability comes from.  She is also a writer and loves to draw.  She is trying to get into art school and is trying to get some children's books published.

*My thirteen year-old brother loves to do stand-up comedy :lol.  He's really good at making people laugh.

*My eight year-old sister really wants to learn ballet.  Unlike me, she's coordinated and loves dancing.  I understand she also likes the piano.

As for me, I was in my junior high and high school choirs, both of which are nationally recognized choirs.  I was also in a college choir until the director decided to break it off fro reasons none of us know to this day.  There were only fifteen of us in the choir, and it was a gospel choir.  The director was very selective about who got in, so I was thrilled.  The director for my junior high and high school choirs was also very selective.  When I auditioned for my senior year, she told me I was her most improved student out of everyone.  Other things about me:

*I can sing in Soprano I, Soprano II, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, and Bass :blink:.  If I can help it, Soprano I is my preference.

*I can sing in numerous vocal styles including country, pop, classical, and rock.

*I have won medals in Solo & Ensemble contests.

*I was in theatre, and I have won awards in dramatic reading contests.

*I have done stand-up comedy and enjoy it very much.  I have even been asked numerous times if I plan to make a career out of it.

*I love writing, drawing, and making beadwork jewelry.

*I play the harmonica.

*I was in track and field back in junior high and part of high school, and I won a couple of medals.  I did mainly sprints, and I also did shotput and discus.  I now run for fun and to be in shape, and I average an eight-minute mile.  For someone who stands only at 5'2", I'd say that's pretty good :lol.  

*I was in Tae Kwon Do during elementary school, and I managed to bring home a couple of trophies.  Where they've since gone is beyond me.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine are singing, acting, and writing.
I am a very good singer and probably one of the best in my musical theatre class. I'm also good at acting and got the loudest cheer for my monolouge at my musical theatre class. And if any of you are wondering, The musical theatre class is the same for acting and singing. :lol:
I'm a gifted writer. I don't mean to brag but I am. Right now I have grade 11 level writing, and I'm only in junior high! (grades 7 to 9) And I'm one of the three best writers in my whole class. :D

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, I guess I got some too:

Musically, I'm a self-taught drummer, and not too bad at it, if I do say so myself. I've never performed with a band, but I've done a few solo performances with backing tracks at school, to warm reception. But I recently was recruited to drum for the school's glee club, which should be fun.

Otherwise, I'd say my major talents would be drawing (especially cartoons, I may upload some of my stuff when I get access to a scanner), animating (I've been doing stop-motion animation for a few years now) and I'm getting some experience with costume-construction too. I'll be helping a friend of mine who is making a lifesized Halo Elite costume. It looks to be pretty awesome. Meanwhile I'm working on my Toy Soldiers uniform, which basically consists of black pants, long sleeve shirt, waistcoat with patches and badges on, cap, and steampunk-mono-gog.
Oh, and I also practice Bujinkan-ryu Ninjutsu, the most well known and widely accepted modern incarnation of Ninjutsu. I recently got my 9th kyu greenbelt, which is probably equivalent to whatever is just above a yellow belt.

As for my family, I know that my grandma is an excellent quilter, my aunt and one of my cousins are professional singers, and my sister's a pretty good guitarist too.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You do costume construction? Now that's one thing I'd love to do myself sometimes :)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
My major talent is writing/creativity and I seem to be a fast learner as well as a fast reader.

In high school, I pretty much swept everyone in a science competition <Biology I and Biology II division> and took home plaques signifying that I was in the top 10% nationally. And I made quarter finalist in the Biology Olympiad (a national competition).

Physically, I possess extraordinary flexibility and high strength for my size.

Family wise, 1 aunt who is a published author. Maternal grandfather is almost like a Human version of TWV's Mr. Bigmouth (skilled herbalist). Mother and maternal grandmother are excellent cooks. Father is very talented with mechanics.

Finally, everyone seems to be blessed with slowed aging and long life.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have a memory that has a great capacity for recall. this covers history, sports, tv, and trivia in general. I'm a pretty good singer, and can mimic certain voices
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Mumbling,Feb 26 2011 on  12:55 PM
You do costume construction? Now that's one thing I'd love to do myself sometimes :)
Well, you know, making cosplays and halloween costumes. I'm strongly against buying premade costumes. I usually buy the bits and pieces and make it myself. For example, the mono-gog I mentioned earlier, I made out of the following:

clear acetate
green sharpie
scraps of fake leather
scraps of camping-pad foam.
A plastic pot and lid from the Warhammer 40K Basing Kit
Several Warhammer paint pot lids.
Alot of polyester cement glue (Probably got myself stoned off the fumes by accident)
Lots of paint
Duct Tape

And what I'm really impressd by, is that I can actually see out of it! Everything's in shades of green, but still.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I love that! No really, I do. I'd love to make some costumes myself someday, whether that is for halloween, cosplay or randomness :)