The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should Spike have family come looking for him?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As you know, Spike's parents are likely dead.  However, is it so impossible that he can't have an aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, older brother or sister, or something out there ALIVE somewhere?

Let's face it, Spike is the only one in the Gang of Seven that appears to have NO actual family from his own species (which would exclude Ducky and her family).  

That has to be a bummer for poor Spike.   I know the tone was a bit like this in VIII, but what if a member of Spike's family actually did come?  (Maybe they could end up among Tippy's herd, come to the Great Valley at one point, find Spike, and realize that they have found a long lost relation.  I know it's a long-shot, as Spike would have been an egg when they'd have last seen him, but perhaps the relative knew Spike's parents and would recognize Spike as being as such just because of the resemblance he bears to them, and, happening to hear of how Spike was found and where, realizes that Spike is a long-lost relation.)

Anyway, now I have another LBT fanfic idea.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The closest we got was when Mother Spike Tail and youthful and overzealous (playful) spike tail try to adopt Spike (see The Land Before Time VIII: The Big Freeze). I think that is closest we will get to any idea of Spike having family members. While it worked with Bron, to have a parent appear later, I am not sure it would go over well if Spike's parents suddenly showed up. Spike and Ducky since LBT II have kinda been symbiotic, if Ducky suddenly didn't have Spike it diminishes her character, they are adoptive brother and sisters, and it works well for the films. Especially when Spike shouted in Stone Cold Fire, "Ducky!!!" (The only good thing about Stone Cold Fire aside from Petrie's uncle).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith