The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Have you ever laughed at your writing errors? Show us your funny errors.

ChocoDrake

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't know what to add here but I was just editing Vale Guardian and I came across this...

With a smirk, Cera took a big bite of her foot. “See. I can take care of myself.”  :cerasmug

Well, I can plainly see that you can not take care of yourself, Cera, as you are so inclined to nibble on your own toes.  :ceramad

I also remember laughing about misplacing My for Me and imagining the cast as pirates but I can't remember where that happened.
"I would not mess with Littlefoot's Mother, man. She'll Suplex you."

Do you want a retelling of LBT from Littlefoot's mother's point of view? Then I have the story for you.

Vale Guardian

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just read my current signature. XD

When I am typing ANY English text, I usually make errors there and there. Sharptotoh is my "favorite".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:29:00 AM by Sneak »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I actually edit as I write, so I can't remember a lot of my mistakes. I suppose one that gave me the slip was mixing up Mr. Thicknose and Mr. Threehorn's names in a scene in Snowballed Lies which changes the context of the scene. Fixed that after it went up, lol.

On a larger scale, homophones are probably my curse. I probably mixed up access and assess before. One small error which bugged me was ending dialogue with a single quote instead of a double quote by accident ("like this')
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I'm a writer in my spare time, so of course I've had plenty of typos over the years. Although my best goof-up probably comes from one time when I was using the "Find & Replace" feature. I had a character in one of my stories named Vanessa. And then I also had this section in my story where two characters are driving in a van. I decided to change it so they were driving in a truck instead, so I used "Find & Replace" to change "van" to "truck". Which had the side effect of changing my other character's name to "Truckessa". :p

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I don't really recall any funny writing errors as I usually get rid of them fairly quickly without paying much attention to them. Of course, everyone has done their fair share of typos in the past. But anything aside from that, I can't really say for sure.

Moved this topic to the fanfiction section

Is that really the right place? I assume that we're largely talking about fanfictions here, but these kind of errors happen in original fiction as well, which would put it in the Written Word, correct? :p

ChocoDrake

• Chomper
    • View Profile
@Sneak  Sharptotoh Hehehe how does that even happen?  :PAli

@OwlsCantRead Lol, Topsy is taking snow nap now. Ack the single quote problem, I don't really encounter that much I normally fix it on the first draft.

@StardustSoldier  Ah yes the lovely Truckessa, what a nice lady indeed.

@Mumbling  Apologies, I wasn't too sure where to put this as I thought the fanfic section was for stories only. I'm confused. Thanks for moving it though.

@Anagnos  Same. Most don't even catch my eye most of the time, I'm like oh this is wrong gotta fix meh. I haven't a clue where this post truly belongs. >.<
"I would not mess with Littlefoot's Mother, man. She'll Suplex you."

Do you want a retelling of LBT from Littlefoot's mother's point of view? Then I have the story for you.

Vale Guardian

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Another time (in the exact same chapter even), I meant to write "bladder" and instead put "balder". Sure changed the context of that scene. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was on a Star Wars forum just now and I meant to write "eras", but instead I wrote "ears". I was going to edit my post to fix the error, but then I decided to leave it in because it sounded funny.  ;P

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I had a character in one of my stories named Vanessa. And then I also had this section in my story where two characters are driving in a van. I decided to change it so they were driving in a truck instead, so I used "Find & Replace" to change "van" to "truck". Which had the side effect of changing my other character's name to "Truckessa". :p

I laughed out loud when I read this one--I can't tell you how many times that's happened to me while writing! :lol

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow. X'D I guess they called her Vanessa because she drove a van. Now that she drives a truck, they call her Truckessa.  :taunttroll