The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Always the Same Sun

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Here's chapter five every body.
Update:Whoa! Major typo in that one! I mean to say chapter FOUR not five! Stupid me! :oops :lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Family Reunited

The two flyers quietly landed in the cave. “There he is,” Pterano whispered pointing at his sleeping son in front of them.

“Him?” Haylie asked, confused. This “son” of Pterano’s sure didn’t look like him. If not, completely the opposite. And yet some how, this kid looked oddly familiar to her. “Umm…how exactly is he…your son?” Oh dear, she sure hoped that Pterano wasn’t…dare she say, cheating on her.

“I adopted him,” Pterano simply replied, not noticing a sigh come out of Haylie’s mouth.

Pterano couldn’t help but smile as his heart swelled with pride. Devon looked so cute all curled up like that, especially under the shining moonlight. The red flyer shifted towards the sleepy blue flyer, kneeling beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Devon…Oh Devon…wake up, son…”

The red flyer received no response as Devon just stirred, smiling slyly as he mumbled, “My fishy,” silently.

“He talks in his sleep sometimes,” Pterano explained, shrugging at Haylie. He grinned as he bent himself over Devon’s ear. He took a deep breath before yelling, “DEVON!!!!!”

It worked, but sometimes Pterano wondered; is it really worth it? Because he just got slapped in the bottom of the beak by a blue hand, knocking Pterano over a little. But he caught himself before he could fall onto his tail. He wiggled his beak uncomfortably; that’s the last time I ever wake my son like that…

At least Devon realized what he had accidentally done. “Ooops! Sorry, Dad.”

“It’s okay, son…” Pterano wiggled his beak one last time before smiling lovingly at him, getting on his feet. He held a hand for Devon to grab on, helping him up as well. He pulled the boy close, leading him towards Haylie. “Devon…I would like you to meet your mother.”

If there was a world record for the lowest jaw drop, Devon would definitely get the title. Pterano signaled his purple mate to come closer. “Haylie, dear, this is our son, Devon.” The red flyer smiled in pride for his son.

“M-Mom?” Devon spoke in a low whisper, but loud enough for Haylie and Pterano to hear it.

She smiled like she never smiled in her life, nodding. She was at lost for words. She has always dreamed of having a son, even if he wasn’t in her species. Pterano was sure right about him being beautiful. She immediately threw her arms around him.

Devon was at first shocked by Haylie’s action. But she was his mother now and he couldn’t help but wrap his arms around her. He was also surprised that she was here, and by here, I mean alive. Pterano had told him about how she bravely saved him from the sharptooth a few weeks ago. But he didn’t care. She was his mother now just like Pterano is his father. He couldn’t help but smile as they embraced tighter.

Pterano and Haylie laid there, smiling at eachother as they were curled up protectively around a sleeping Devon. They stared into eachothers eyes as this thought hit the both of them: We’re gonna be great parents. She stroked his cheek gently. “I’ve always wanted a son.”

“Why’s that?” Pterano asked.

“So he can be as wonderful as you, Ronnie,” she replied, nuzzling him. “I’m very proud of you.”

“Thank you, Baby Blossom.” But she didn’t hear him as she had already drifted into a sleep when he said that.

Pterano couldn’t help but smile at his mate and son. Haylie looked so beautiful under the moonlight. Even after all these years, she’s still as attractive as she was when he first laid his eyes on her.

As for Devon, there were no words to describe just how adorable he looked all curled up against him like that. Just like a pearl that shone brighter than any star would twinkle. He admired his son, just as much as his son admired him. He felt so lucky that he had him as a son. His spirits lifted when he felt the sleepy blue flyer pull Pterano’s wing closer around him before wrapping an arm tightly around his neck, burying his face into the red flyer’s chest.

Pterano chuckled, rubbing his son’s back gently. He nuzzled him lovingly, giving him a tender good night kiss to the forehead. “I love you, my son.” He whispered, falling asleep right after.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here ya go kids!  :lol Short but sweet chapter.

Jared you gunna like this...

Enjoy.  :wave
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well Devon certainly accepted her rather quickly. :) He must be quite trusting of Pterano, and really like him as a father figure if he's OK with Pterano having a past mate. :)

Pretty short, so I guess I'm just waiting for the conflict to show up. I know it has to be coming at some point. XD Good introductory stuff though. I like how he admires her when she's sleeping, even after all these years. ^^

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Already, before you read, I just wanted to let every one that likes my stories that I am grateful for their support. But I have one favor to ask. Please leave feedback sooner.

I'm sorry, it's just that I feel like I have to pm people or else I don't get any feedback. Literally, it was only after I pm'd Pterano and Vonboy to let them know about my new chapters and I'm kinda getting sick of doing that. It's kinda annoying, if you ask me.

So please, people. Leave feedback. I don't care if you just say "Neat chapter" or something like that. I just wanna hear from you.

Here's chapter five. No not chapter four part two. But the real Chapter Five. :lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend or Foe

Pterano snapped his eyes open as he laid there next to Haylie and Devon. He smiled as Devon still clung to his neck. He carefully removed the blue flyer’s arm and stood up, gazing at the rising sun. He sighed happily. “What a beautiful morning,” Pterano told himself silently.

“Psst…Pterano…over here!”

The faint whisper caused the red flyer to jump in fright. He was not expecting that. He turned to the his side, to see a pink hand sticking out of the side of the cave, signaling to come closer. “What are you waiting for?” the voice seemed to have a British accent, kind of like his, but higher. The voice sounded familiar…very familiar. But Pterano just couldn’t put a single claw on it.

“Who are you?” Pterano whispered in curiosity, taking baby steps toward the voice, but also avoided being too close. For he knew something could happen if he didn’t.

“You’ll know once you fallow me.”

Pterano just didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to keep this creature waiting, for it was rude to do so no matter who you are. But he didn’t want to leave his family either. Only a few minutes, he finally decided.

As it turns out, the mysterious British accent appeared to come from a pink flyer, who took off immediately after he said his last statement. So Pterano couldn’t tell who that flyer was. But he took off after him any way.

By the time the sun was in the blue sky, Pterano landed on the ground between a sleeping swimmer and threehorn. He recognized this spot; this was the exact spot that he and his comrades planned to find the so called Stone of Cold Fire. And speaking of his comrades…

A pink none crested flyer landed beside Pterano, swinging his long club pointed tail behind him so he could walk without tripping. Pterano gasped and then gritted his teeth. He knew this flyer. He knew this flyer well. “You…” he clenched his fists, preparing himself for any of his former comrade’s tricks. “What are you doing here!?!?”

“Don’t be frightened, Pterano,” Rinkus held his paws up in defense. “I mean you no harm.”

Frightened? Pterano? What nerve! The correct term would be utterly outraged. “Yeah sure, Mr. Rinkus,” he beamed sarcastically. “What do you have planned for me this time? No wait! Let me guess, there have been a second Stone of Cold Fire and you want me to lead you to it so you and Sierra can betray me behind my back again!” Pterano shivered at the memory. “Well, sorry, Mr. Rinkus. I’m afraid your brilliant plan has failed for once.”

“I assure you, Pterano.” Rinkus told him calmly. “I have no plan in my wings whatsoever. I’m here to warn you.”

“Of what? Sierra?”

“No! I’m trying to warn you about the sharpteeth!”

Now Pterano was all ears. “Sharpteeth? Where?”

“In the Hidden Mountains. They’re one their way to the Great Valley right now!”

“What!?!” Pterano gasped, for the Hidden Mountains was the exact shortcut to the Great Valley he told Littlefoot about two years earlier. “Rinkus, you go distract the sharpteeth! I’ll go warn the others!”

“Got it, boss!” Rinkus spreaded his wings, about to take off when he suddenly realized: “Wait a minute! Me? Distract the sharpteeth? What do you expect me to do?!?”

“Just think of something!” Pterano snapped before gazing at Rinkus. The pink flyer looked very frightened, not knowing what to do. He looked exactly like Pterano did when he lead his half of the herd into their deaths. The red flyer almost felt sorry for him. “Alright, fine. I’ll go distract the sharpteeth, you go warn Mr. Longneck!” Without further conversation, Pterano took off to the skies, leaving behind a confused Rinkus.

“Who the heck is Mr. Longneck?” he asked himself, not sure if he heard Pterano correctly.

Petrie and his siblings were just looking for their breakfast, just like they would do every morning when a loud roar shook the land. Of course, that caught them off guard, and knocked them to the ground. Some regained their flight, but the others fell to the ground. Luckily, they weren’t very high from the ground either. A large green sharptooth with a scratch on his eye came around the corner, its first gaze being at Petrie. It was fallowed by a couple of fast biters by the name of Screech and Thud. Apparently, this sharptooth wasn’t just any sharptooth…

“RED CLAAAAAAWWW!!!!!!!” Petrie shouted to the heavens as he and his siblings were about to run for it when…

A treestreet splashed in Red Claw’s face, causing it to stumble back. “Get away from them!” Pterano bellowed at the top of his lungs angrily.

“Uncle!” Petrie shrieked happily. “You’re here!”

“Run Petrie!” Pterano threw another tree sweet at Thud, nailing his face, causing the two fast biters to head butt each other due to tree sweet juice in their eyes. Frightened enough from the impact, they fled for safety, leaving only Red Claw, who aimed his jaws for Petrie.

“Hey Dumb Claw!” Pterano shouted as he held his last tree sweet. “Try to catch this without crying your eyes out!” with that, he threw the tree sweet at him, as it landed right in Red Claw’s mouth. That caused the green sharptooth to spit out the tree sweet bits out of his mouth as hot tears formed in his eyes. Therefore, he fled back to the Mysterious Beyond. “And it will be a lot worse if you try to  lay a single ugly tooth of yours on my nephew’s and nieces again!” Pterano yelled after him, watching as the sharpteeth disappeared around the corner.

The red flyer landed on the ground in front of his nephews and nieces.

“Uncle Pterano!”

“You saved us!”

“We love you!”

With those little phrases being said, the youngsters attacked their uncle with the biggest hugs and kisses, causing the older flyer to drop to his knees as he held them close. He chuckled. “I love you too, dear children. I love you too.”

By now, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck arrived along with the rest of the valley council, fallowed by Tory, Haylie, Rinkus and Devon. The flyers broke the hugs, save for Petrie of course, who just remained on Pterano’s lap, his small arms still wrapped tightly around the his uncle’s neck. So he was just hugging Pterano as a way of thanking him; I was so scared we were gonna get eaten and you saved us. THANK YOU!!!! Petrie tightened his arms around the red flyer’s neck at the thought.

As for Pterano, he just sat there, continuing to hold his frightened nephew close to him. He rubbed his back and stroked his head, anything to calm the little flyer down. Petrie nuzzled him before tucking himself under Pterano’s beak. The brown flyer smiled as he listened to the older flyer’s beating heart. He closed his eyes, enjoying every beat. That seemed to do the trick.

“Are you alright?” Grandpa Longneck spoke, causing the two flyers to break the hug.

“Yeah, thanks to my uncle here.” Petrie smiled at his uncle, who just returned the grin, placing a hand on his nephew’s shoulder squeezing it tightly.

Devon was the second to hug him, fallowed by Haylie. “Well the sharpteeth are gone. Well done, Pterano.” Grandpa Longneck spoke.

“Thank you,” Pterano returned, smiling in pride.

“But how did the sharpteeth know about the Hidden Mountains?”

Grandpa Longneck’s question left the whole Great Valley Council whispering, trying to figure out what had possibly happened. But no one in the group noticed that they were being watched.

Two young threehorns: a green and purplish one blended with the nature around them perfectly. “What do we do now, Layla?” the purple one asked, voice revealing to be a male gruff voice, kind of like Mr. Threehorn’s but much softer.

The green threehorn didn’t pay attention to her brother’s question as she continued to stare at the red flyer in the distance like a fly that needed to be squished quickly. “Layla?”

“We go tell the boss,” she finally replied. “And then we find our father and let him know that our so-called leader is finally getting what he deserves.”

The purple threehorn chuckled evilly. “We’ll make him regret leaving us, eh?”

Layla continued to gaze at the red flyer in the distance who pushed a rock off a cliff to block the shortcut to the Great Valley. “Very soon, Pternao…you will pay for leaving our mother to die in that sharptooth attack. Very soon…”

“Now let’s get outta here before someone sees us!” The purple threehorn told her, snapping her out of her thoughts before running off.

“Right behind you, Jordon!” Layla replied, sprinting off after her younger brother.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, well, well, lookie what we have here.

Enjoy.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hey

Yeah I'm reading through this too, but not doing a very good job reviewing to let you know that. Sorry. Anyway, loving it still and ooh, this doesn't look good for Pterano, obviously.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes. i'm reading every chapter, too. I love "Always The Same Sun".

I'm happy that Pterano got to see Rinkus again...  :yes  I'm very happy that Rinkus is in the story.

And the part where Pterano saved Petrie and his other nieces and nephews from redclaw was wonderful..

And as for when Petrie listened to Pterano's heartbeat. :) that was such a nice, tender, loving moment. I love it when Devon falls asleep listening to Pterano's gentle, calming, heartbeat too. :)

Great job on Chapter 5.  I was very happy and excited when I read the part where Rinkus was hiding and whispered to Pterano from outside the cave...  :yes

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hm, interesting characters you got there. I've got my guesses as to who they are and what they want. Not to mention who their mother was, but, no spoilerz. :p

Good chapter and I hope to see more coming our way soon. ;)

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, this was a great chapter! 5 chapters in, and we finally have our villians revealed!

I'm guessing those two threehorns are Cera's siblings?

I liked the action with Redclaw, even though it was quite short. You hint at it getting a lot worse soon, so I look forward for that.

Update soon!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ahhh OK, so Haylie's not just playing (I sort of knew that but yea XD), and it's good to see Rinkus is now more trying to help Pterano than get back at him. Interesting how Pterano offered to distract the sharpteeth instead of Rinkus, but I think it fits. ^^

So here we have our conflict. Once again, it seems like we have similar plots in this regard, though I think our villains differ. I think I'll go with vonboy's guess on this one, as the same thought struck me when I read this last night, in terms of who these two threehorns are.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
OMG!!! You guys are the best! Thank you all so much for the feedback!!! I love you guys!!!

And I'm SO sorry for taking so long to update! It's just that I had a hard time finishing this chapter due to the STUPID writer's block!  :anger I hate writer's block!

So here it is. The wait is over.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Comeback

By sunset, the rock pile Pterano and the Valley Council were working on rose about a good twenty feet from the ground, which should be enough to keep the sharpteeth away, or at least Pterano hoped. The red flyer shot himself into the air and landed next to Grandpa Longneck’s foot. “Excellent job, everyone,” he panted due to the exhaustion, leaning against the older longneck’s foot. “Whew…I don’t know about any of you, but…” he panted again before saying the one thing that a younger Petrie would’ve said. “Me tired…” with that, the red flyer collapsed to his knees, and then to his stomach, falling asleep right after.

That had almost the whole herd laughing, except, of course for Mr. Threehorn, who just simply “Hphm”ed and plodded away from the herd. Devon gave the older longneck a look that clearly said, “A little help here…”

Grandpa Longneck nodded, knowing what that meant, lifted the old flyer with his tail. “He’s right, it is time we’d start getting home.” He announced. The herd immediately decided that the old longneck was right and they all headed for their resting places for the night.

But not a single one of them noticed a head poking out of a hole in the rock formation. Not just a head, a fast biter’s head, watching as the herd slowly strolled to their resting places. An evil smirk appeared on its mouth before removing its head, leaving a hole in the rock pile.

By the time the stars were out, Mr. Threehorn arrived at his “home”, immediately laying down afterwards. He sighed sadly; it was exactly ten years ago this night that he discovered the loss of his wife and children. Last time he saw them, they were heading off with Pterano and his part of the herd. He can still remember the shock he felt when Pterano landed in front of him and Grandpa Longneck that night. He can still taste the tears he shedded that night. Ever since, he has hated the old flyer’s guts and would do anything to avenge his family…if he had the chance. But little did he know, his chance would come sooner than he thought…

“Daddy!”

That caught the old threehorn off guard as he held his head up, searching for the source of the voice that had just called to him. At first, he thought it was his only surviving daughter, Cera, but apparently that voice appeared to be too low to be her. “Would you look at that, Ellie?” he muttered to the heavens. “I’m getting so old, I’m starting to hear voices inside my head now!”

“Daddy!!”

There it is again. And it definitely wasn’t his old imagination. He turned around to see a couple of familiar young threehorns racing towards him with great speed. He was utterly shocked to recognize these two threehorns. For these two threehorns just happened to be…

“Layla? Jor-Ooof!” was all he could say before the two threehorns tackled him, knocking him off his feet and to his side.

“Daddy…” Layla murmured, nuzzling his neck gently and lovingly.

Mr. Threehorn couldn’t help but chuckle at the young one, nuzzling her back. “Well, I’m glad to see you too, sweetie.”

“Topsy?”

The reunited father and his children gazed up at the female voice. There stood Tria, with Cera by her side and Tricia, who was fast asleep on her back. “Just who, may I ask are these two young threehorns, Topsy?” she asked kindly, though she already had an idea…

“My kids,” Mr. Threehorn simply replied, nuzzling his children that were still nestled up against him. Cera couldn’t help but stare in utter shock as she recognized these two threehorns instantly. Her eyes were as wide as treestars and her jaw practically dropped to the ground. In fact, if there was a world record for the world’s lowest jaw drop, Cera would come in as a very, very close second to Devon. Either that, or she and Devon would be tied together in a draw.

And just when the thought of, “Pinch me, I’m dreaming,” had hit her, a ground crawler snuck up by her foot and pinched her in the ankle. If she wasn’t so excited, she would be screaming in pain by now and probably waking up the entire valley. But it did cause her to speak. “Layla? Jordan?”

“CERA!!!!” the two younsters shouted at the top of their lungs, breaking from their father’s embrace and raced towards their younger sister that they haven’t seen in a long time.

“Wow! What a surprise!” she told them, nuzzling them back. “I thought you two were…” she then gazed down at the ground, remembering the night she found out.

“We thought the exact same about you, Cera.” Layla returned, sending her younger sister a wink. “Man, I’m so glad to see you again!”

“Me too, Layla…” Cera then remembered something and she frowned. “Say, did you ever get a hold of Mom?”

Mr. Threehorn held his head up, listening very closely. His heart pounded in his chest and his knees felt weak, like they were about to fall off. He really hoped they found their mom…

“No, I’m afraid not.” Layla frowned, gazing at the ground. Mr. Threehorn sighed in the deepest disappointment. “But we have come up with a way to avenge her death!”

“Yeah!” Jordan agreed, standing up proudly. “We’ll show that no good dirty flyer what it’s like to be abandoned. We will!”

It didn’t take long for Cera to figure out whom they were referring to. A worried look appeared across her face. She gazed up at her father, who looked as worried as she was, even though he tried to hide it. “Oh, and how are you going to do that?”

Jordan didn’t answer, just smirked evilly at the two worried threehorns. A smirk so evil, it sent fear into their hearts…

The sun was rising over the horizon as Pterano fluttered his eyes open. As usual, he was the first to wake up that morning. “Good morning, Baby Blossom…” he muttered, yawning sleepily as he wrapped his arm around her and…a rock?

“Devon?” Pterano whispered, sitting up to look around the cave. But all he found was that rock, Haylie and the cave opening.

“Devon…?”

---------------------------------------------------------

So there it is. Again, SO sorry for the extremely long wait. Please forgive me! :cry

Enjoy.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, sorry for not reviewing in so long. Anyway, this chapter was a bit suprising. I knew those two had something to do with Cera, ha! Wonder what's happened with Devon...hm...

Get the next chapter up soon! And, yes, writer's block SUCKS. Period. :p

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm interested in seeing if it's just the two long lost sibling threehorns that behind this, or if Cera and/or Mr. Threehorn are playing a part in this as well. If they aren't behind it, I wonder what they'll do? Will they try to stop their family to save Devon? Will they just stand by and be neutral? I really want to see how all of that is going to play out :DD .

This was a GREAT chapter, as far as setting up mystery and suspense is concerned. You're really hitting your stride again!.

Update soon!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
CHAPTER SEVEN IS UP!!! Yay! I hope this makes up for the extremely long delay!

Here it is, Chapter 7: The Taken

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Taken

By now, the sun was high up in the sky and so was Pterano. All morning, he’s been searching high and low for his son and trying to figure out what had happened. At least two suggestions hit his mind; maybe, he had gone to the Big Water, due to the fact that he likes to fish. But why would he go there without telling his father? And just why would he go when he knows there’s plenty of leftover fish here in the Great Valley? Knowing Devon, that just made absolutely no sense. The second suggestion was; what if Devon had a favorite place he never told Pterano about? This is why Pterano kept his eye out for even the smallest sign of black and blue.

And thus, he couldn’t find any sign of it, despite the fact that he checked everywhere-and I mean everywhere in the Great Valley. He literally checked every tree, every boulder, every swamp and even the waterfall at the bass of the valley. He checked every family and every “home” he knew of. And still no sign of his beloved son.

He was about to lose all hope when a third suggestion hit his mind, thought it didn’t really make any sense. What if Devon had gone to Mr. Threehorn’s place? But why would Devon be visiting him? Knowing Devon, it was almost impossible. But he had to try.

“Excuse me, Miss Tria?” he landed in front of the female threehorn, panting due to the exhaustion. “Whew! I’m not as young as I used to be…”

“What is it, Pterano?” Tria asked, her voice in utter concern. When Pterano was in a hurry, she knew almost immediately something was wrong. “Are you okay?”

“Well, I am. But I’m not sure if my son is.” He took a deep breath. “Have you seen him?”

“Not since last night, I’m afraid,” the female threehorn replied. “Did you check with Mr. Longneck?”

“Yes, I checked everywhere! Every tree, every family, every boulder, and even that waterfall!”

“Well, that doesn’t sound too good…”

“What are you doing here!?!?”

That loud familiar out burst caught the red flyer off guard as he fell onto his back due to the utter shock. He turned his head, only to come face to face, I mean literally, face to face with the last threehorn he would want to see on Earth. “Do you honestly think that just because you’re allowed back in the valley means you could come and taunt my wife?!?” Mr. Threehorn growled.

“Topsy!” Tria snapped, pushing the older threehorn away from the worried flyer. “There’s no use in yelling. He’s just trying to find his son!”

“Or maybe he’s kidnapped his own son and trying to find away to frame someone else for that! Just like he kidnapped Ducky and nearly got her killed!” he turned his head towards Pterano. “Isn’t that right, old flyer?”

“Topsy, you’re really getting on my nerves right now…”

“I’m serious, Tria! I saw him plotting with that dreaded pink flyer!”

Tria growled in anger towards her husband. She loved him, but man! He was seriously a pain in the butt to live with. “Topsy, you just have to accuse everyone of something you don’t even know about, don’t you?!?”

“Yes!-“The black threehorn stopped right there, realizing what he had just said. For once, he was at loss for words as Tria continued to glare at him.

“That’s what I thought…” she muttered before turning back to the tired flyer. “Just ignore him. He’s…having a very bad day.”

“I could tell that already,” Pterano shot at the threehorn, immediately earning a growl from him.

“Look, why don’t you go tell your mate what’s been happening and just relax for a little bit. You look tired.” She told him softly. “And I’ll call a meeting. Maybe then, we could figure out what’s happened to your son.”

Pterano nodded politely at her, thankful she was around to stop Mr. Threehorn from killing him. He took off to the skies immediately after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa! Mr. Threehorn really does hate Pterano's guts. :lol Good thing Tria was there.
Okay, maybe it's not as long, but like I said way before, short chapter is better than no chapter at all.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hm, good chapter. Yes, Topsy isn't very fond of Pterano, it's a shame really. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice chapter, and I hope to see the next one up soon.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Well folks, here da next chapter! Wow, two chapters in one day... :blink:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Whodunit?

That sunset, everyone in the Great Valley met up at the Stone Arch, just as planned by Tria. Grandpa Longneck announced Devon’s disappearance causing the valley to whisper in utter shock.

“I say Pterano’s just trying to fiddle with our minds.” Mr. Threehorn was the first to speak up, sending the old flyer a dirty glare. “Just like last time, right Pterano?”

Pterano just growled in return. He was so tired of Mr. Threehorn accusing him all the time. “I would never do such a thing!” he shot at the old threehorn.

“Mr. Threehorn, this is no time to accuse!” Grandpa Longneck snapped firmly, then his eyes softened. “Please keep in mind that your daughter was one of the children he saved from the swimming sharptooth. At least show a little respect.”

That caught the old threehorn off guard. He totally forgot about what had happened when Littlefoot and his friends came back to the Great Valley, the smiles on their faces…yet sadness in their eyes. He sighed, taking a baby step backwards.

“Now Pterano.” Grandpa Longneck continued, all eyes on the red flyer. “Tell us where you last saw your son.”

Pterano sighed. “He was in my cave, sleeping.”

“And you never saw him after that?”

“I’m afraid not, sir.” Pterano hung his head low, hoping, praying that wherever his son was right now, Devon was okay.

“Did you check your sister’s cave?” Grandpa Longneck asked, giving the older flyer an idea.

Petrie landed in front of his uncle, facing the elder longneck. “No, he wasn’t there either.”

The circle was interrupted when a shadow swooped over the uncle and nephew, landing next to them. “A missing flyer, you might say?” Rinkus reported. “I think I may have seen something like that…I think…”

And all of a sudden, Pterano was filled with hope as his eyes widened, a small, hopeful smile formed across his face. Rinkus, how can I ever repay you? “What did you see?”

“Well, I’m not sure what I saw cause I was still very sleepy when it happened.” Rinkus told him, rubbing the back of his head. “But I could’ve swarn I saw some other flyer take your son away.”

That earned gasps from the valley as well as Pterano himself. He placed two desperate hands on Rinkus’ shoulders. “What color was he?”

“Umm…I’m not sure if I can remember that detail…”

“Just try,” the red flyer urged.

“…Well…I think the flyer was brown…” Pterano pulled back, gritting his teeth in anger. He only knew one brown flyer that would go as far as kidnap his son…or any body else for that matter. Sierra. He was sure of it. But then again, another thought hit him. Sierra disowned Devon years ago, why would he kidnap his former son? “Or he could’ve been gray…I think it was the same flyer I saw taking to a bunch of sharpteeth yesterday-“the pink flyer was interrupted when Pterano rammed into him by the shoulders, pinning him against a boulder.

“You WHAT?!?” the red flyer exclaimed, glaring at him. “Mr. Rinkus, WHY didn’t you tell me?”

“I…I uhh…I dunno…I umm…” was all Rinkus managed to spit out.

“Pterano!” Grandpa Longneck snapped at the deranged flyer. “We won’t get anywhere by yelling!”

Pterano took a deep breath to calm himself down. He knew Grandpa Longneck was right. He let go of his grip on the pink flyer. “I’m sorry, Mr. Rinkus, but this is my son we’re talking about!” he sighed again, much calmer now. “Now, Mr. Rinkus, would you at least point out which direction this flyer took my son?”

“Umm…I think he went that way.” The pink flyer pointed towards Threehorn Peak. “But I’m not sure, I was sleepy…”

That earned gasps from the circle as they whispered silently to eachother. “Well, if that’s so,” Grandpa Longneck announced calmly. “I fear we may have to search for Pterano’s son in the Mysterious Beyond.”

Of course, that earned more gasps from circle, only this time, you could actually hear what they’re whispering…if you listen closely.

“Is he crazy? I’m not going back there.”

“Yeah, we’ll only get ourselves killed!”

Mr. Threehorn was the first to speak. “Oh, no! Not this threehorn!” he growled. “Look, it’s not our fault Pterano was too stupid to locate his own son!”

Pterano face palmed in disappointment. And here comes the argument, as usual. He took off into the sky, not wanting to hear any of this nonsense.

“Hey Uncle!” Petrie shouted after the older flyer, taking off after him, soaring at his fastest to catch up with his uncle. “Wait up!”

Pterano landed in his cave, kicking out dirt into the wall. “Just for once, can’t they cope without arguing?”

“Uncle?” Petrie landed behind the red flyer. “Is everything…okay?” the young flyer nearly slapped himself. Is everything okay? Of course not! His son just got kidnapped for crying out loud!

Pterano just sighed in response. “I hope so…” he muttered, much to his nephew’s surprise.

“I’m sorry, Uncle.” Petrie tried to make his uncle feel better, only to feel a fatherly hand rest on his shoulder.

“It’s not your fault.” Pterano told the kid softly. “If anything, I should be the one to blame. I should’ve kept a good eye on him…” he trailed off. Where there’s a Rinkus, there’s definitely a Sierra… he finished in his mind. “I’ve got to find him…”

Petrie’s eyes widened at his uncle’s decision. “Uncle! That’s crazy! You can’t go out there alone! It’s dangerous!” as if on cue, a lightning bolt shot in the sky. “Speaking of danger…”

“Petrie, I can’t just wait here forever.” The red flyer stepped forth to the cave opening.

Just then, Petrie thought of the craziest thing…”Then I’m coming with you.” He stated firmly, hardening his eyebrows.

“No Petrie, it’s too dangerous.” The red flyer told his nephew, before spreading his wings.

No sooner than this, a loud roar shook the land, causing Petrie to scream and bolt himself under Pterano's wing. “What was that?”

Pterano stared into the distance, eyes widened in fright and loss for words. “I’m not sure, nephew…”

------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! How's that for suspense! Coolness, eh?

Enjoy.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Whoa, no body's posted since last night... :blink:

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been asleep bro :lol

Anyway, I really like this chapter. It's good that you're kind of leaving it open ended as to Mr. Threehorn. Does he know whats going on? Is he a part of it? We don't know yet, which is some nice mystery.

Really like that Petrie wants to go on an adventure with his new dad.

Actually, since Pterano is now after Sierra, your leaving it all open-ended. It COULD have been him all along as well, but we don't know.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah nice open-ended-ness. :lol sorry that's all I can think up to say but, still reading, still liking :smile

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm sorry for the slowness, but I find it very difficult to just keep up with a chapter a day, much less TWO chapters a day. I have a lot going on in my life right now, and I can't always get to chapters if they're posted in rapid succession.

With that said though, I have caught up. I see you borrowed a chapter title of mine. ;) I'm getting similar vibes here too with Devon's disappearance, though of course, there are different villains in this story. :)

Yeah, I'm wondering about Mr. Threehorn myself... he was all anti-evil at first, but now he's acting as if he might be in cahoots.

And what the HECK is that noise? A sharptooth? Something worse (not sure what's worse in this universe, but I guess we'll find out)?

Anyways, I HAVE finally caught up. Sorry again it took so long.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okay, folks! Here's chapter nine. It's friggin epic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpteeth in the Great Valley

Pterano took off into the air towards the roar. “Stay here, Petrie!” he shouted at his nephew that was about to take off after him.

“But I wanna help!” Petrie protested, still spreading his wings.

“I don’t want your help! I want you safe!” with that being said, Pterano ascended towards the roar before his nephew could protest any further.

Pterano soared above the trees, keeping a good eye out for sharpteeth or whatever it was that made that horrifying roar. He knew it was most likely a sharptooth of some sort because well…nothing can roar as loud or as terrifying as a sharptooth can. But why would they be in the valley? Especially after all that hard work and muscle he and the valley put into that rock wall? Was there some sort of flaw to it that Pterano never noticed? What ever it was, that sharptooth wasn’t going to stay in the valley for long, Pterano was certain of it.

Just then, he spotted a black figure in the trees below him. He couldn’t tell exactly what it was, for it was too small for him to recognize. But he could tell by the creature’s roaring that it had to be sharptooth. So Pterano clenched his fists, straightened his body, and dove beak first towards the creature.

About thirty feet from the ground, he recognized this creature very quickly. It was a very dark color, black almost, along with yellow stripes that fallowed one another down its back. Its eyes shown as red and as fearsome as any and every sharptooth combined. Its teeth were sharper than any of modern day’s sharpest knives. They were so sharp; they could rip through a dinosaurs flesh without any problem at all.

This creature wasn’t like any other sharptooth. It may have had small arms, but its nails were half as long as a modern day twelve inch ruler and just as sharp as its teeth.

This creature was a mega biter. It may have been half the size of an average ordinary sharptooth, but it was a lot smarter than one. So smart, it was ranked as the Mysterious Beyond’s most dangerous predator, way more dangerous than Red Claw. If a mega biter and Red Claw got into a fight, the mega biter would definitely win. In fact, it could easily take on even the biggest longneck.

Pterano noticed that this mega biter was snapping its jaws at a familiar purple flyer that was backed up against a tree, trying not to get eaten. He recognized her in a jiffy. “Haylie!” he gasped, immediately flying to her rescue.

He bolted in front of his mate, punching the mega biter in the nose, causing it to lift its head back into the air and roared in pain. “Haylie, run!” he commanded, looking at her firmly. “RUN!!” With that, he shot himself into the air.

“Hey, DUMMY!!!!” the red flyer bursted at the mega biter, causing it to turn its enormous head towards him. “You missed a spot!!” he punched the mega biter in the nostrils, causing it to wiggle its nose uncomfortably.

The creature shook its head, now focused all on Pterano, who led it into the trees.

He perched himself on a tree branch, waiting for the mega biter to show up. Of course, he didn’t have to wait very long, because the mega biter was below him about two seconds after he landed.

Knowing what to do, the red flyer swooped down, lunging at the mega biter. But unlike any other sharpteeth he tried to use this trap on, there was a flaw to it.

The mega biter was too smart for this kind of trap. Upon hearing the tree branch silently snap, it turned his head towards the red flyer and opened its jaws, preparing to taste the first part of its dinner. Pterano noticed this immediately and tried to escape the snap, but he was too close and…

Snap! The mega biter closed its jaws and the red flyer was no longer visible.

“DAADDD!!!!!!!!!” Devon screamed at the top of his lungs as he landed on the ground, too late to save his father, but just in time to see what had just happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Short, but as was said before, FRIGGIN EPIC!!

Embrace the epicness!!!

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, Pterano's gonna open his jaws again, superman style? I loved this short chapter! I really liked the action, even though it was a bit over the top.

Sorry for short review, but it goes with short chapter :p
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)