The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic Park

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
The other day I went to this old and used book expo, and I was surprised to find Jurassic Park, the novel by Michael Krichton in one of the piles. I couldn't resist so I bought it... It's very interesting, completely different from the movie, the characters are the same and the overall plot, but the story is completely different. Have any of you ever read it?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yes I have. I've also read The Lost World, the sequel, which has more differences from the movie than Jurassic Park had with its movie counterpart.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm... I'd like to read it one day. I found JP very interesting, although there are some scenes in the movie that I prefered over the book, still it's a very good novel

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I've read it. I remember enjoying it a far cry les than the movie, but still, its a good bookin its own right and deserves its credit for inspiring Spielberg to make the movie that brought about the biggest in film in all of history.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Have you noticed that some of the scenes from the book that were left out of the first film were reintegrated in the sequels? The girl being chased on the beach by Compys, and the Pterosaur Cage, for example.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Cool, I guess there's nothing else to say in this topic... (Yes, I have a natural ability to state the obvious  :o )

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yep. Reading into it, and so far, its far more graphic than the movie. It's a pretty good book.

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Both the movie and the book are wonderful pieces of work in their own right, regardless of differences. I like 'em both.
Still, I'm a chronic JP fan as it is, so who am I to talk?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I never did read the book, but I've seen the movie well over 200 times :o, as the film came out when I fell in love with dinosaurs and everything about them :lol.  I have yet to read the novel.  Graphic, eh?  Sounds cool B).  BTW y'all, JP 4 comes out in 2009, not this year, 'cuz of the Writers' Strike :angry:.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
Damn writers. I hope the fourth movie will be good.

I saw the movie, before I got my hands on the book. Got the english and danish versions. The book is diffently different then movie. An example are the count of deaths in the movie, and the book.
Movie: three
Book: lost the counting, during my reading.

Another thing, which I think is good they didn't put in the movies, are the raptor kills. They are simply to groose to be in a movie. Their somach opened, and their guts falling out. Gives me a chill.

Still needs to read the sequel. I haven't found it yet, but I will... at some point.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've never seen any of the movies, but I did listen to the audiobook on cassettes that I checked out a bit after the first movie came out.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I definitely hope for and anticipate JP 4 to be way better than JP 3.  The sharpteeth should've done away with that megaphone-toting bimbo of a character :rolleyes:.