The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey

Alex · 26 · 2268

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Holy crump, you made that animation yourself?! :blink: In an hour and a half, no less? It probably took me longer than that just to draw the outline for my avatar!

Seriously; that animation is so good that I thought it must have been altered from some sort of LBT game for a handheld console, and I was wondering, "Now where can I get that game..."

Anyway, welcome to the GoF! (I'm a huge Ducky fan, too, by the way. :smile)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky is awesome, yep yep yep.  Cera tops my list, Ducky comin' in a close second.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Jun 27 2009 on  08:12 PM
Holy crump, you made that animation yourself?! :blink: In an hour and a half, no less? It probably took me longer than that just to draw the outline for my avatar!

Seriously; that animation is so good that I thought it must have been altered from some sort of LBT game for a handheld console, and I was wondering, "Now where can I get that game..."

Anyway, welcome to the GoF! (I'm a huge Ducky fan, too, by the way. :smile)
It is from a game. Lol, when I said I 'made' it, I was speaking in sprite animation terms. I've never drawn my own sprites, not my area of expertise. Whole different ball games when you're talkin' about drawing the sprites and animating them. And you can probably buy the game on eBay. I think it was on the Gameboy Advance.

EDIT: Lol, I thought someone here might have played the game. I've never played the game, but on the sprite sheets, there was only half of a T-Rex, so I assume on the game he only comes half-in the screen as in the animation.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Alex,Jun 28 2009 on  01:37 PM
It is from a game. Lol, when I said I 'made' it, I was speaking in sprite animation terms. I've never drawn my own sprites, not my area of expertise. Whole different ball games when you're talkin' about drawing the sprites and animating them. And you can probably buy the game on eBay. I think it was on the Gameboy Advance.
Oh. :oops Sorry. There I go again demonstrating my proficiency at misinterpreting something said about a subject I know very little about, and subsequently making a stooge of myself when I say something in response. :p
For what it's worth, it's still a very impressive animation (way beyond anything I could probably ever do; let alone in an hour and a half. ;)). And now that I know that it's a real game after all, maybe I'll go about trying to obtain a copy. Thanks. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
An actual game? Is it one of the gba lbt games?

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jun 28 2009 on  06:49 PM
An actual game? Is it one of the gba lbt games?
The sprites were taken from one of those, yes.