The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Prey

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Note! this story will have Character death so don't read if you can't handle it!
So guys this is something i wanted to post with the help of someone (who know's who it is)
and i hope you can enjoy this little one shot

Lets begin!
Prey:
“C-chomper what are you doing?” Littlefoot asked to the hungry sharptooth that was walking towards him. “Are you hungry? We can find some ground crawlers if you want.”

“I’m sorry Littlefoot but those ground crawlers can no longer  fill me.” Chomper said as he walked towards Littlefoot. “I need bigger food. I was going to go for Ducky, you know but she was protected by Spike and I know I can never slip unseen past Spike besides if I could get her she wouldn’t be much of a meal anyway.”

“B-but Chomper we raised you! You don’t have to listen to your instincts! I’m sure we can help you in s-some way?” Littlefoot asked terrified of Chomper as he took a couple steps back. “W-wait Chomper did you come straight to me after Ducky or did you eat someone else?” Littlefoot could hear his heart thump in his head as he was scared out of his mind.

Chomper chuckles darkly which made shivers go up Littlefoot’s spine. “Yes Littlefoot, I ate some of your friends want to know who? Well I ate Petrie, Ruby and the next one is going to be you.” And with that he began to run to Littlefoot “Oh and let me say Ruby and Petrie were delicious.” And with one ferocious bite Littlefoot’s body made a *crack* sound.

“Chomper! Why did you do that!” a sceptical voice shouted from the bushes turning he saw Cera emerge. “Chomper! Did you just eat Littlefoot!?” she shouted after seeing Littlefoot laying lifeless on the ground.

“Well, yes Cera my first bite was a delicious one however I can’t have someone seeing what I did so I must kill you as well.” And with that he began to charge towards Cera.

Cera being filled with the anger and sadness of seeing one of her friends laying on the ground lifeless made her blood boil and she began to ready herself to headbutt the sharptooth for killing her friend.

Charging towards the threehorn while being hungry didn’t help Chomper because he forgot 1 critical thing, the horns that a theehorn has and while she may have been safe before Cera began to grow her other 2 horns so she was now deadly, he forgot this and charged head in to Cera who was expecting this.

Cera began to charge to Chomper readying her nerves for impact however in her rage she hit him so hard that he didn’t survive the hit and one of her horns impacted his heart, killing him instantly.
Deciding she would give Ruby, Petrie and Littlefoot a proper burial she went over to the grown ups to tell them the story, they all decided to give them a burial their friends and their parents were all destroyed.

Suddenly they felt a warm wind coursing through them turning their heads to the direction it as going they saw something that made them feel  happy all of a sudden.

They saw Ruby, Petrie and Littlefoot smiling at them and saying together “We will never leave you.” Cera, Ducky, Spike wanted to rush over and nuzzle them, play with them and saying to themselves that it was all a dream, but they knew it was not.

The Great Valley was going through a huge change from now on, without the guidance of their friends they felt lost, for the first time in their life.

And their friends wouldn’t be there to help them get back up anymore.

-THE END-

So, what do you think of this little one shot? Liked it? if you saw any mistakes don't forget to comment them and if you hate or dislike the story and you comment: 'i hate it' then give me a reason to why you hate it.

I'll see you soon!  :)littlefoot
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Oh! there's also a hidden message in this fanfic can you find the message?
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hate to say it, but it looks more like nightmare (Cera's? Chomper's?) than story. Just a dream, where logic and sense are not presented.  :unsure:

There's no any reason that explains such behavior. Well, only if giant piece of cliff fell on Tyrannosaurs's head...

Well, I guess, that's not worst plot. I very well know a person who created  evil mastermind sharptooth who trapped Chomper with leaf-eater dinosaur he knows very well inside locked area without any food around except leafs for long period of time. Only to know how long can little predator hold his nature instincts and keep his mind sane...

This story could make me think about poor Chomper and his future. Little sharptooth who can't change great circle of life. But the problem is that almost each time I see Chomper on screen or any story, I become sad...

(I like hidden messages! But can't find anything...)

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 11 2016 on  06:34 AM
I hate to say it, but it looks more like nightmare (Cera's? Chomper's?) than story. Just a dream, where logic and sense are not presented.  :unsure:

There's no any reason that explains such behavior. Well, only if giant piece of cliff fell on Tyrannosaurs's head...

Well, I guess, that's not worst plot. I very well know a person who created  evil mastermind sharptooth who trapped Chomper with leaf-eater dinosaur he knows very well inside locked area without any food around except leafs for long period of time. Only to know how long can little predator hold his nature instincts and keep his mind sane...

This story could make me think about poor Chomper and his future. Little sharptooth who can't change great circle of life. But the problem is that almost each time I see Chomper on screen or any story, I become sad...

(I like hidden messages! But can't find anything...)
It is actually a nightmare which Chomper and Cera, Ducky, Spike and Littlefoot had

Chomper: because he is scared he one day he can eat them without knowning.

Cera: Because she is scared of Chomper one day needing bigger food.

Ducky and Spike: Because they are also afraid of Chomper needing bigger food.

Littlefoot: because he is scared for Chomper.

And the hidden message is not in the text directly it's a very hard to find message but i'll give a tip:

It has to do with keeping sane.

:)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
There's really nothing to hint at or indicate that this is a nightmare. Well yeah Chomper's out-of-characterness could hint at that, but even that doesn't really prove anything. I had seen an older story years ago of Chomper just suddenly attacking his friends gleefully, and that hadn't been a nightmare sequence.

If you intended on this story being a nightmare, then perhaps you should include a bit that shows that it's a dream. Have a sequence at the end showing that it's a nightmare that one of the characters had.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 11 2016 on  09:10 AM
There's really nothing to hint at or indicate that this is a nightmare. Well yeah Chomper's out-of-characterness could hint at that, but even that doesn't really prove anything. I had seen an older story years ago of Chomper just suddenly attacking his friends gleefully, and that hadn't been a nightmare sequence.

If you intended on this story being a nightmare, then perhaps you should include a bit that shows that it's a dream. Have a sequence at the end showing that it's a nightmare that one of the characters had.
Hmm, Thanks for the tip! i will remember it for the next time :)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Yeah.

I'm going to agree.

Chomper is significantly OOC. I could see him being remorseful about eating his friends...especially if his instincts were so powerful that he was unable to fight it.

But here, he's relishing in eating them and to an extent, taunting them.

You say that this is a nightmare but the only thing that remotely hints at such is the end.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.