The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Internet Before Time [Updated 2020/11/18]

Stardisk · 76 · 11490

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner

This is a very-very strange picture series that came to my mind last week.
These series will show, “What if the Internet was existing before time and LBT-characters used it?”
What would they post in social networks? What comments would they write?

I'll post here the "screenshots" of different social media sites with LBT-characters activity.
Why the word "screenshots" is in quotes? Because every screenshot will be drawn manually by me in vector editor. Every page interface detail, every avatar - everything will be drawn by hand. There will not any photoshopped real screenshots.

As a bonus, I'll post all avatars separately in PNG and high resolution, so the administrators can convert it to new emoticons.

So, this is the first pic from the series!

And the avatars separately:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Also I would like to express my gratitude to ImpracticalDino for supporting my idea and spellchecking texts.

Feel free to share and reupload the pictures from my topic wherever you want!

Total number of emoticons: 30

Table of Contents
Part 1: Twitter -> you are here!
Part 2: Youtube
Part 3: Instagram
Part 4: New cover for Internet Before Time
Part 5: Zoom
Part 6: Kickstarter
Part 7: LBT Font Generator

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 02:39:59 PM by Stardisk »
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
:D

Nice job on this! I'm not really sure what category this would go into, whether it should be fanart or projects, so I'll just leave it up here! Had a laugh at "What does B.C. in dates mean?" :P

The fact that Spike can't pteet made me laugh too!

If I may offer some feedback on the language used:
"Cera, what I told you about..." should either be "Cera, what have I told you about..." or "Cera, what did I tell you about...". Other than that it is  :SharptoothAmused

I'll see about converting those images later this week/next weekend!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This is hilarious, Stardisk! Cera's username is perfection! :SharptoothAmused Love how Mr. Threehorn jumps in and interrupts the whole conversation, leading to Cera getting cut off in the last pteet! :lol Those avatar emojis are wonderful, too! You've done an amazing job drawing everything by hand--great work!

Aside from what Mumbling said, as far as grammar goes I'm going to mention one other detail: Petrie doesn't usually use contractions. Instead of "Me don't mind," he would say "Me no mind." His grammar is easy to get wrong, though, so it's not a big deal, just thought you might want to know for future reference.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I had to do a double look this morning when I saw this in my groggy state. Why am I not surprised that it is Littlefoot to suggest they go visit Mysterious Beyond again? He always seems to drag the gang away from the valley into danger or then the others just follow him into it. Mr. Threehorn might just be the most qualified of the gang's family members, because he's actually one step ahead of them this time. Instead of waiting for the inevitable news that their kids have wandered off once more, he tries to put a stop to it. :o

Such a shame that Spike could not make it. But where are Chomper and Ruby? Were they not present in the valley at this time? Or did they finally come to the realization that they need a new group of friends that don't need to constantly go look for trouble? I really love that you took time of your day to do this. :) It's great! Criticisms have already been brought up by others, so I will not waste anyone's time by saying the same things.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I've seen a lot of mockup tweets, but never one in LBT style. Lots of jokes in the usernames, the profiles are cute, everyone already beat me to it this time.

Also there's totally a legit tweet generator: https://www.tweetgen.com/create/tweet.html :OhYou
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm what are the rainbow faces up to now?  :rainbowThinking

Haha this is great though! A really neat mock up. The emotes you made as well are really good too!  :chompysmile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Hello-o-o-o everyon-e-e!

Thank you for quelling any uncertainties that Stardisk may have had with this idea he had pitched forth to me in private. And also, thanks for further correcting on some grammar that I've missed out on initially. You guys have definitely made his day. This is an awesome project idea as I told you dude, I had a feeling it would be a big hit among others here.
:Mo :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It's amazing project, Stardisk! Great job!

Wow, when did you draw these awesome avatars? :O Amazing!

One thing: I think "winter" should be renamed to Cold Times.

And of course, Pterano is here, in his PTerano's twEET and Pterano incorporated. XD
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:49:32 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you everybody for your feedback! I really glad that you are liked my project! :Tickles

That is great that you have noticed small details which I added to the pic.

I'll consider all your corrections for the next pics. Your comments to my project are really important to me!  :duckyhappy

I try to make new posts every 4-5 days. So, the next picture will be ready this week. I have a bunch of ideas!  ;)Cera

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Haha, this is great! Nicely done. Unique concept as well. I look forward to further installments.
:ChomperImAwesome

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
The new part of Internet Before Time is ready!

You can see the live version of the video HERE

And of course, a huge pack of brand new 7 high quality emoticons, which can be used in GoF emoticons collection !

Thanks to @ImpracticalDino for help in coming up with part of "previews" in the right sidebar. Also he is an author of the Cera's and Ducky's argue in comments.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:34:09 PM by Stardisk »

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
This... is... EGGCELLENT!!  :bestsharptooth The live version is amazing! It even has actual links... that
don't do anything, but wow. XD Amazing creation there!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is absolutely amazing, Stardisk!  :chompysmile  This must have certainly taken some time as this has links, comments, and everything. Also, special thanks to ImpracticalDino for their contribution to this.  :yes

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

Perfect amazing job with webpage and emotions!!!

You're definitelly not nonsense, Stardisk.  :bestsharptooth
Thank you, evil mud brother, too. *carefully moves away*

Threehorns definitelly made a lot of mockery or false-news videos. Bad bad threehorns!   :RubyAngry
And c'mon, Littlefoot, don't be like them.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Hey, I was waiting for this to arrive. This is simply great. The twitter post was fun, but I'd say this is even more fun, and I really like how there's even a live version of it. You would easily mistake this as a real YouTube video because it has everything. Thanks to you and ImpracticalDino for this. Are we going to see more in the future? :lol:

I really like the emoticons as well. They will be a great addition to the forum collection. :)

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This... is... EGGCELLENT!!  :bestsharptooth The live version is amazing! It even has actual links... that
don't do anything, but wow. XD Amazing creation there!

Hah, thanks. Some links are working.
This is absolutely amazing, Stardisk!  :chompysmile  This must have certainly taken some time as this has links, comments, and everything. Also, special thanks to ImpracticalDino for their contribution to this.  :yes
Thanks! Yeah, I've been working on this part the whole last week. It was much complicated than the first part, which I've created for 9 hours of non-stop work.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Perfect amazing job with webpage and emotions!!!

You're definitelly not nonsense, Stardisk.  :bestsharptooth
Thank you, evil mud brother, too. *carefully moves away*

Threehorns definitelly made a lot of mockery or false-news videos. Bad bad threehorns!   :RubyAngry
And c'mon, Littlefoot, don't be like them.
Thanks!
Now the word "nonsense" and my nickname are hidden in the pic is the feature of my project :D
Threehorns are supposed to be trolls (who they, in general, are)

Hey, I was waiting for this to arrive. This is simply great. The twitter post was fun, but I'd say this is even more fun, and I really like how there's even a live version of it. You would easily mistake this as a real YouTube video because it has everything. Thanks to you and ImpracticalDino for this. Are we going to see more in the future? :lol:

I really like the emoticons as well. They will be a great addition to the forum collection. :)
Thanks!  I've tried to make the fully functional copy of Youtube page, so there are almost all the links are clickable, working search,  likes to comments are also functionally and you can post a comment :D
(but they are not saved)

Of course I will continue making Internet Before Time, I have a lot of ideas, and some suggestions from other users. The next part will be released soon!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha this is great! Also love how the video is an hour and a half  :PCera

Just had to rub in the weak flathead part I see  :rhett_angry

Also having "This video isn't available in your time" is a nice little Easter Egg

And well done on the emotes once again!  :chompysmile

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Haha this is great! Also love how the video is an hour and a half  :PCera

Just had to rub in the weak flathead part I see  :rhett_angry

Also having "This video isn't available in your time" is a nice little Easter Egg

And well done on the emotes once again!  :chompysmile
Thanks!
Yeah I'm trying to pay attention to the different little details in my project, and I'm glad that you found some of them and pointed them out in your post!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Wow!! This one is even better than the last, Stardisk! :ChomperImpressed My favorite detail is the video by "Hyp(e)"--it took me a moment to figure out the username, which made it even more hilarious when I realized who it was! :lol I also love Strut's video, and Ms. Longneck's "Delete this" comment is great. :lol Even better is how the most viewed video is Littlefoot's embarrassing one of Cera! :lol And the way Cera writes all her titles in caps is so in-character. Fantastic work, once again!

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank you, @RainbowFaceProtege! I glad that all these small details gave you so much entertainment!
I wanted to reply you earlier, but...

Part 3 is ready!

Sorry for delay, I was going to post it on Sunday, but didn't have enough time.
Of course, new 5 emoticons have been done with this part!

Thanks to @ImpracticalDino for spellchecking again.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:47:40 PM by Stardisk »