The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A Problem that Could Kill the 3DS

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I don't think the 3DS will be a bad investiment. I plan to get one once the price drops a little coz there are some pretty impressive titles, relaunches or otherwise, that I'll love to get my hands on. The whole 3D aspect has never really been a major selling point for me so I'm just taking it as it comes. The graphics and flashy new screw-ons aren't what pull me into wanting a console, it's the library of games its offering. So far it's got my vote but just needs a dip in asking price ;)

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
even i still like NDSi and NDS XL the 3DS "is a very stupid idea" even you cannot play 3D games like PSP. you can play only 2d game like pokemon, metal slug, etc,

SORRY 3DS your production is cut ^^

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
No argument here. The starting price is almost $400 (why are these so expensive? They're basically glorified toys!), after all.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Truttle

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
400$? Are you talking about the PSP or the 3DS? Cause I thought the 3DS was going to be 250$.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Doesn't seem like it could be the PSP because that's around $200. I have never known the PSP to be $400 but if it were somehow $400 at anytime, it would either be a bundle deal that included other stuff, perhaps a lot of games, or it was the price upon its first release.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
OK that seems to be a little out of context. Where was $400 found? $250 I could believe but that sounds a bit outlandish for a handheld. Maybe the $400 came from a direct conversion of Yen to dollars but I doubt they'll shift ANY if retail prices started that high. Even the greediest money grabbing stockists wouldn't have an introductory price THAT high

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only way it could be $400 is if it was meant for a different country, like Australia.  After all, top dollar console games are $100 a pop there.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well from what I've just read on Kotaku, the price for the 3DS is still at $250. Besides, Nintendo would have to be crazy to sell a handheld for $400. $250 is already expensive enough.