The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Redclaw's Gang

brekclub85 · 501 · 49750

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Dil had been awake while Ichy slept, and as she noticed him waking up she smiled brightly as she stepped over and nudged both him and the egg. "Enjoy your nap Ichy?" she asked with a hint of laughter in her voice.

Longtail grinned and asked aloud, "I wonder if they've heard of me yet?"

Terri looked puzzled for a moment before asking "Why would you say that little one?"

Longtail only smirked and replied,
"Lets just say...I'm famous...or...infamous depending on what you've heard about me."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Huh, what did you do?" Chomper asked puzzled.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm just...so excited!" Ichy admitted, looking at the egg that contained a young belly dragger.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz was curious as well what Longtail did, but as Rory and Myra waved to him he turned, "Oh hey" he smiled and waved back, flying a bit closer, "how are you guys?" he smiled hesitantly.

"Um, these are my other friends Chomper and, well newer but still friend, Longtail" he smiled.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hey everybody!" Ichy called, "Dil just layed an egg!"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz turned, shocked, "Already? Wow, I didn't know eggs came that fast" he flapped over a bit closer to look.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"There it is, with the young belly dragger inside," Ichy said proudly.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dil was extremely proud of the egg she was now guarding and that it was receiving so much attention. She then asked Ichy, "Well, what are we going to name our little hatchling?"

Longtail smiled at Rory and Myra and said hello. He then turned to Chomper and said, "Are you sure you want to know what I did...it's...not pleasant."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Go ahead, try me," Chomper smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Ichy paused, he was no good with names. "You got any ideas?" he asked Dil.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail in truth had hoped to keep this secret for a while longer, but he did trust his new friends so with a heavy sigh he said,
"When I was younger...and less...trustworthy, I saved a herd of flatteeth by...throwing a nest....of...fastbiter eggs over the side of a cliff...and..then the fastbiter herd leader almost ate me....I'm not sure how I escaped anymore..."

~~~~

Dil smiled for a moment as she replied, "I think the name...Greg will be perfect!"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Why you little!" Rory said angrily, ready to attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~``

"I think that's a nice name too," said Ichy.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
At the story and Rory's reaction, Twiz' attention was drawn from the egg.

"N-now hold up" Twiz, despite seeing where Rory's feelings were coming from, nonetheless felt he should defend Longtail since his herd was watching out for him, darted forward to get between Rory and Longtail (something he hoped wasn't unwise) "he did say this was...before and...he was trying to do good, just...not the right way...plus we made him tell us".

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Did you really have to toss them over a cliff?!" Rory yelled.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail didn't even flinch at Rory's advance, he simply narrowed his eyes and said, "Look...it wasn't an easy decision alright?! I made a hard choice, it was either I throw the eggs over a cliff...or both of the herds attack each other and EVERYONE would've died...I saved two herds that day....and I still have the scar to prove it!"

Longtail then raised his neck and a scar could indeed be seen going across his throat.

Terri narrowed her eyes as well and leaned over staring Longtail in the face.

"You have a lot of nerve to be saying that when you're surrounded by other sharpteeth...but since you yourself are at least HALF sharptooth, I suppose we can forgive you....just this once."

At Terri's confrontation Longtail's bold demeanor disappeared and he shivered slightly.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rory managed to calm down, but he still felt angry at Longtail.

Chomper looked impressed at his mother's actions.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail not having anything to say simply nodded his head at Terri and slowly sat down.

Terri gave a small smile at Longtail and replied, "Good. Now that we understand each other, would you like to help us hunt...it could be a good chance to prove who you are...."

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You better eat only meat from now on," Rory said, still angry. "And only tlk in sharptooth!"

"Rory, calm down," Myra said, not liking seeing him pissed.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Twiz had almost backed down himself as Terri leaned in closer, yet he remained where he was, and soon Terri eased up. Twiz gave a small smile, and turned back to Longtail, "Yeah...come on, I'm practicing to lead the prey spotters so I could practice on this hunt too!" he said.

He felt a bit defensive as Rory went beyond just Longtail's actions and said that he needed to eat only meat, maybe because his long lost father was the flatoothed flyer part of his heredity, he took it a bit too personally, but Twiz was able to control himself and simply frowned, "Eating whatever he wants has nothing to do with his actions" was all he said, in flattooth for the purpose of making a point, before smiling once more and flapping up.

"So, which direction should we probably head, Miss Terri?" he asked, in normal sharptooth of course.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Where to mom?" asked Chomper.

Rory and Myra decided to head back to their home so Rory could calm down.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail decided that following Twiz was a very good idea, and he flapped up and joined him in the air.

Terri looked around for a moment and used her sniffer as she pointed to the north.
"That way would seem best. And Longtail, don't make any mistakes..." she said cryptically as she began to walk forward.