The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Temporary Home

Kit12 · 35 · 3252

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, ok so this idea should be vague enough to be open for anything and good for RP, basically we all know that the gang and other "valley-ers" had to spend some time in that land off of the Big Water in V while the Great Valley recovers.

So basically we can just explore what everyone's doing while they're there in this temporary home not to far from the island.

So come on in with cannon you want to play or OC's. I'll start a list.

TAKEN CANNON
Chomper- LBTfan13
Littlefoot- LBTfan13
Cera- GVG
Spike- GVB
Ducky- Kit
Petrie- Kit

OC's
Tylr- Kit
Cree- Kit
Lily- Kit

Ptyra- Ptyra
Ada- Kit (borrowed)
Tarran?- Kit (borrowed)

Mim- Kor
Diver- Kor
Mia- Kor
Rhyn- Kor

Luna- MrDrake
Skye- MrDrake

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like an interesting idea.  It is one of the 2 locations they spent some time at.  

One thing some may wonder is if they can play Elsie, though she can't travel with the gang she may travel around the area and come to visit from time to time, maybe daily or more then once a day. Also the gang may wonder if she can deliver a message to Chomper, or sneak away to have her carry them, except maybe without Cera, to visit Chomper for short periods of time.  

I'm not sure which of my chars I'll play.  Maybe Mim, and Diver, and maybe some of Diver's friends like Mia, or Rhyn.   Not sure which fc's I"ll play.  I'll wait and see which fc's are taken then maybe take one that isn't taken.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, I thought about Elsie and she'd be an option for play I think, and we could probably work something with Chomper too if we wanted...though let's keep in mind the adults will be very close so explanations could be in order if the kids get caught :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My guess is they'd have to say they are going off to play and sneak to a spot up the beach.  Or say they are going for a ride on Elsie, though that would be harder to explain why they want to go where the adults can't see them, go out so far from the beach and stay gone so long.  

I guess if they want to visit Chomper they'd have to go for saying they are going off to play and try to sneak off to meet Elsie to be taken there.  Though you may have other ideas.  

They can have other sorts of adventures, especially since this is a new area they've not been to before.  To bad they don't meet Mo till the 9th movie.  Though maybe they could meet some others of his species or something or see them in the distance away from the beach.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I guess I could put in Ptyra for my OC. Again, I don't mind if someone "borrows" the other two-Ada and Tarran (the new boy in my OCs). I've got tons of others, but I think I'll just leave those to up to be "borrowed", since the rest would probably end up secondary characters.

My suggestion for something that forces the "Valley-ers" out of the Valley would be an eruption from the Valley's smoking mountain. That hasn't happened, so why not?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think it's set just after the 5th movie ends, while the dinos are living in that other place they were living at before they returned to the great valley before the 6th movie starts.   Though your idea could work as another plot for another thread if someone starts one at some point in the future.  

Going to use any fc character?

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, it takes place during V, but we can hang onto or use that smoking mountains idea if we need a reason they have to stay there for a really long time or something.

Ok, I might actually go ahead and claim Petrie...again, hehe, hey is it a surprise I like him, I mean really? :D

If we want, for other fcs we can just use the unclaimed ones as needed to help the story along if we want.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds best.  Some folks may come in later, and also no problem with an rp with just a few players.  Just means for some fc's some may need to do 2 if the plot needs them like you said, or the fc's can be around but offscreen doing something until someone picks to rp them or they are needed.

As for staying out of the Great Valley for a long time, they don't really say how long it takes for the Great Valley to regrow nor how long there is between the 5th & 6th movies and since the gang does not age, as most animated characters don't age it makes it even harder to say, though like the folks who made the lbt movies did we can ignore the passage of time for the most part.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, this could be at either the V time fame like was my original thought or...just another time in the same land or something works since I went tweaked my characters again and Cree and Tylr are younger.

They're in that odd category Cera was in with Dinah and Dana, in that they were kids when Petrie's brood was born and, I'd think pre-teenish the Great Earthshake happened, moving to early teens for this role play (again hard to tell when no one ages!)

but Cree's still the focal point with the idea that's come to my head.

Oh and I've dealt with Ada before so if you want me to help you out with her and possibly Tarran I can do that. Just tell me anything I need know.

Ok, so edited character list going into this...

Cree
Tylr
Lily (new character but using the Corythosauris idea again)

and I'll edit up top to reflect all this, even discussion.

I'll also go ahead and put up the thread in case after a month of on and off you guys are still interested :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When is this starting, just after the 5th movie ends or during the time the gang are at the island since there is quite a bit of time we are not shown what the others are doing.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
My guess is this RP would start after the fifth movie, since the children are reunited with their parents, but haven't returned to the great valley yet.

Also, I'd like to Cera and Spike if that's okay. I'm still not sure if I should bring in any of my OC's.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep, while they're just...hanging out there while the Great Valley recovers.

Ok, you got 'em and, yeah I will take Petrie, since I said and then didn't say :)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I suppose I could bring Cyrix into this...but he'd have to have a reason for showing up...well I'm sure I'll think of something. :DD

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Whatever you decide :D

Yeah, Ptyra, just to help you decide with your characters too, I'm gonna have this be at 5 like we said.

Oh, and Kor, didn't mean to leave you out, what OC's did you decided you were using or not? I thought you didn't say and they read that you had said some just not definitely, or it didn't seem.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do have some Oc's I can use.  Not sure which ones may fit.  

Mim - an adult rainbowface

Diver - one of ducky's sisters.

Mia- a friend of Diver and a miasaur

Rhyn - a flier (like rinkus's species) and a friend of Diver.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, and I will probably take Ducky as well to get things going and get 4/5, but if someone wants her I'll hand her off.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If it's okay with you, I would like to take Littlefoot. I figured since we are in the movie storyline now, I will leave my OC out for this one.

Also, if we ever decide to incorporate Chomper into this, I wouldn't mind taking him as well, unless somebody else wants to use him in which case they may.

This is a very interesting RP idea :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wow, looks like there is more interest in this rp.  :yes

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, and ok LBTfan13, you got both, but if someone else really wants Chomper come discuss it here or PM him :)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Luckily I've seen the 5th movie, so I do know what you're talking about XD

I do like the idea as well, problem is, with my main OC, Luna....she's a fast biter, you know, Velociraptor, so she's not a leaf eater, as in, hates the taste of leaves.  So, really, not sure if I should bring her into it or not.....

I mean, I do like the sound of this one, it's just an odd position with my faster biter character.  Not going to use her father though, wouldn't really work with him....he's not the nicest around XD