The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Dreams Thread

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Had a bunch of unpleasant dreams last night, which woke me up several times throughout the night. Blah!  x(cera

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Had a bunch of unpleasant dreams last night, which woke me up several times throughout the night. Blah!  x(cera

@Mumbling I'm sorry to hear that. :( Do you have any idea what they were about?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Generally stressful things. Not being able to find a bathroom when you need one, waking up too late for work, losing someone in a crowd, etc. Anxious stuff. All very short and all over the place.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Generally stressful things. Not being able to find a bathroom when you need one, waking up too late for work, losing someone in a crowd, etc. Anxious stuff. All very short and all over the place.

Wow, those seem like very general concerns that most people think about at some point during their life. I hope that you’re not actually worried about those things in real life, which may have caused those dreams to happen in the first place. And I really hope it’s not some sort of premonition of what’s to come.

I had a dream yesterday that I was driving a car. The logic and physics didn’t seem real, because my car was speeding up too much for just slowly pushing more downward against the gas pedal. Only when I was pumping it was when the car sped up/stayed at a controlled speed. Overall, I hit the back of the car and went off lane a couple of times before discovering how to control the vehicle correctly, and everything was smooth sailing after that.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, those seem like very general concerns that most people think about at some point during their life. I hope that you’re not actually worried about those things in real life, which may have caused those dreams to happen in the first place. And I really hope it’s not some sort of premonition of what’s to come.

Indeed. These really sound like what people will encounter sooner or later. I can't say much as I don't particularly recall if I've had any experiences with this kind of problem. Hopefully you will have a better night next time, Mumbling! :)

I had a dream yesterday that I was driving a car. The logic and physics didn’t seem real, because my car was speeding up too much for just slowly pushing more downward against the gas pedal. Only when I was pumping it was when the car sped up/stayed at a controlled speed. Overall, I hit the back of the car and went off lane a couple of times before discovering how to control the vehicle correctly, and everything was smooth sailing after that.

This very much reminds me of racing games that I had a big attachment for back in the day. In fact, could this dream have resulted from the aforementioned activity? Did you per chance, watch or play a racing game yourself before going to sleep?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This very much reminds me of racing games that I had a big attachment for back in the day. In fact, could this dream have resulted from the aforementioned activity? Did you per chance, watch or play a racing game yourself before going to sleep?

Nope, nothing close to that. My dreams just seem to happen. They can correlate to events that happen in my life, but a lot of times they are just completely weird/random. I don’t even know why some of my dreams happen, but they do.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Understandable. I often find myself trapped in weird dreams that seem to have no point at all. Very rarely do I get dreams that actually make sense that I can also recall afterwards.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that I think about it, my recent activities may have played a part in my dream. It’s seems unlikely, but it’s the closet link. I played this game called New Rally X on my Pac-Man Plug N Play, and there’s also the other game called Pole Position. In both of those classic arcade games, you control a car. In the first one, you’re just collecting all the yellow flags in a maze and avoid the red car that’s trying to chase you down. In the second game, it’s simply trying to get first place and getting towards the finish line before the time limit expires.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Oh, I've played New Rally X before! Fun game, albeit quite challenging. I too used to have it on a Plug N Play.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's interesting to hear. It seems that dreams do often have that particular impact to affect our dreams. :idea

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, I've played New Rally X before! Fun game, albeit quite challenging. I too used to have it on a Plug N Play.

I don’t know if I asked you this already, but were you playing the version or New Rally X with the bagpipes in the music? The vid with the music alone is no longer available unfortunately, but here’s an example vid with the gameplay and music.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SsLL2yu2tfA

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It wasn't the version with the bagpipes that I played. Although I wasn't aware that there was more than one version.
:olittlefoot

How many version of the game do exist? Do you know?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It wasn't the version with the bagpipes that I played. Although I wasn't aware that there was more than one version.
:olittlefoot

How many version of the game do exist? Do you know?

It’s not really the amount of “versions” per say, but the amount of different ports of the game that exist. Each port vary slightly different from the original arcade version, or drastically different. The certain port of the game I have is like the only version with the bagpipes in the music. The original and other versions don’t have it.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What I enjoy more than the game itself is the music. That is one sweet tune. :yes

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What I enjoy more than the game itself is the music. That is one sweet tune. :yes

That, my friend is the exact reason why I play New Rally X for hours on end. If anyone presents me a port without those bagpipes, I’ll refuse to play that version of the game.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I personally prefer the version without the bagpipes, but then again, that's the version I'm used to.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Indeed. These really sound like what people will encounter sooner or later. I can't say much as I don't particularly recall if I've had any experiences with this kind of problem. Hopefully you will have a better night next time, Mumbling! :)

Thank you guys! I generally get these restless, random dreams when I am going through stressful times, though I cannot pinpoint why they would appear now. But yeah, lets hope for a better night tonight :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Had a pretty scary dream last night where I was lying in bed, and there was a snake right in front of me that was hissing at me. Jolted me right awake.

O_O

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have two dreams this time. In the first one, I was trapped in a spooky house with other people and we attempted to escape. There was a child with us who later turned into a spider and tried to attack us. All I can recall about the other dream was that I was drunk. :P

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now, this dream I had last night was pretty cool and surprising to say the least. I was browsing the Gang of Five forum and I was clicking on a couple of usernames from the member list. I found out that I was given an Administrator Rank, plus an “A Rating” seal of approval or something like that. My profile page also had a multiple custom backgrounds that changes sometimes each time I visit my profile page. I think a couple of other members in the list were given these privileges or similar, considering that their usernames had color to them. No, it wasn’t red, but like blue or purple. What I do know for sure that StardustSoldier also had the same rank and “A” rating like I did. I can only assume, based on the dream experience I had, that people I’m close friends with on the forum and/or held at high regards also shared these privileges too. Although, I only remember looking at the first page of the member list from sorted by most recently registered.