The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hey There! (Yes, another newbie for you all.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hi there, guys!

I'm pokeplayer984 (the first e sounds like a.) and I've been a fan of The Land Before Time since the beginning.  As of now, I'm at the age of 22.

Now, I have enjoyed such a series since it's release in 1989, but there was a time I swayed away from it.  After the sixth movie, The Secret of Saurus Rock, I brushed myself away because it seemed kinda boring to me.  However, the ONLY reason I did find it boring was because I was watching the shows too much.  Trust me, there is such a thing.  I am someone who needs something new within a certian amount of time to really enjoy a series.

After completely skipping 7 - 10, I suddenly forgot why I stopped watching it.  After that, I wanted to see the newest one, The Invasion of the Tinysaurus, and my love for the series was reborn.  Now, I really want to see the ones I missed.  I know one day I will have them all, because of how determined I am to get them.  The only problem I have is finding them in this small town of mine.

Now out of all I've seen, my favorite is the first one with Tinysaurus coming in a close second.  However, that might change in the future.  My brother, who isn't as big of a fan as me, but is nonetheless, said that the 10th one, The Longneck Migration, was pretty good, and he has made me VERY jealous of him.  Maybe I'll ask him to have him borrow it from his friend just so I can see it.  :^.^:

Out of the whole gang, Cera is my favorite (I'm a BIG fan of tomboyish girls.) with Ducky at a close second. (I just love the way she talks, yep, yep, yep!)  :slap (Oh great!  Now I'm doing it!)

Anyways, to show my fandom for the series, I'm busy making a one of a kind fanfiction.  I'm not sure when I'll have the first chapter completed so you guys can enjoy it, but it will come eventually. (Note: This is my 13th fanfiction.  The third that is yet to be released on the net.)

Here's the basic summary:

The Land Before Time: The Dark Future.

Genre: Adventure/Romance/Dark

Twenty years have passed since the beginning, and the future isn't all it seems.  A darkness has befallen upon The Great Valley and has changed from a beautiful dinosaur Utopia to a barren wasteland that brings nothing but death.  Upon discovery that the cause was unnatural, Littlefoot and the gang set out to find the cause of this event.  However, many dangers lurk in the Mysterious Beyond to stop them.  And the biggest threat to their survival is a friend that they had trusted who they never thought would betray them.

WARNING!  High chance of being R rated due to the content. (Violence, gore, death, inappropriate content and a small descriptive sexual scene.)

Oh, and for you Littlefoot+Ali fans, yes, it does have that shipping in it.

Expect it's release in 2006.

Well, I'd say that's enough me.  Time for those replies.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum pokeplayer, You're not alone in your fandom of LBt. I'll also 22 (will be 23 in April), and am also a big fan. Hopefully you'll post here often.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah!  My first reply, and I have never had the honor of an Admin being the first one in any of the other fourms I am a member of.  I am quite honored, and trust me, I'll try my best to treat everyone here with respect. (Regardless of how much I may even hate them for what ever reason possible.)

Oh, BTW, what do you think of my fanfiction idea.  Just so you know, it will be my first one of Land Before Time ones.  :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, It sounds good, but the romance idea probably is a result of older fans wanting to see some change. Remember that the series is geared primarily to younger audiences, and that romance is a very foreign concept to them. Littlefoot and Ali are too young to have any relationship that we would consider 'romantic'/. They are simply too young for that. They definitely have a friendhip between them, perhaps a 'puppy love' relationship, but nothing more serious than that. I Think your fanfic idea sounds interesting, and I think , that you do a good job on it, people will like to see more of them.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hi pokeplayer984!
Welcome to the Gang of Five! It is always great to have somebody new with us!  :)
I'm just a year younger than you are and like you there was sort of a "gap" in my LBT enthusiasm. Like you I watched the original movie in the cinema and was really taken with it. However, it was not before 1998 (I was 14 at that time) when I watched the second sequel and fell right for it bait, hook, and sinker. Within weeks I had watched all the sequels, including the sixth which had just been released by that time, and began to write my first LBT fanfiction.
I am not as productive as you are (still working on writing my third fanfiction while I have many more in mind) but I take great care not to write any fanfiction that contradicts the original movie or the sequels in any way.
Personally I didn't like LBT 10 because I think it contradicts the original movie strongly apart from several other severe plot weaknesses (I posted long messages about it in other threads).
As for your story idea I see nothing that directly contradicts the movies, but I reckon the setting will be a very different one with such a long time having passed. Personally I tend not to think of LBT as a mere utopia as in fact there are scenes we don't think too much about though they are in fact very gloomy. Still I try to avoid violence if possible or present it as negative as I think violence is. I have a strong incling on who that character may be whom they trusted. There are several fanfictions about not so many reunions with him to be found at www.fanfiction.net.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey pokeplayer984!

Glad to welcome you aboard the Gang of Five!  :wave

Nice to see new members cropping up! So make yourself right at home! :^.^:

Not a bad idea for a LBT fanfic... a number of members here are writing fanfics themselves (me included). If you're interested, check out the LBT section of Fanfiction.net. You might get some inspiration (that is if you feel you need it! :) )Link to Fanfiction Home Page

Anywho, graet to have you on board so post lots!

Ciao for now!

~Littlefoot-1616 B)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Happy to see the welcomes.  B)

Now, in all truth, I don't get much of a chance to post as I do have a life. (One word, Job!)  :angry:

Luckily today is my day off, so I definately have the time to post today.

And I've known about those fanfictions on www.fanfiction.com for quite some time.  My fav out of the fanfics would have to be "The Hunt For Ducky's Voice." (I've read that three times already and want to read it again.  It's not often I fall in love with a story.) :) Anyways, as of now, I'm busy reading "Battle of the Sacred Essence" (which I believe should be rated T instead of K+.) and even though I'm not all the way caught up, I'm definately enjoying it.  I can tell that these writers are quite talented.

Now, I will tell you the truth with the Littlefoot+Ali thing, it was actually thanks to the many fanfictions that I ended up liking it myself.  Now, don't think of me as someone who has jumped on the bandwagon because I NEVER do that.  I choose for myself, regardless of popularity, whether or not to become a fan of something.  In all truth, back when I really enjoyed such a movie as Journey Through the Mists, I was hardly paying attention to whatever hints there were.  Now that I really look back, there were some hints there.  So in conclusion with this part, the ONLY reason the Littlefoot+Ali romance is there is because I'm a fan of the shipping.

Now, in all truth, the dangers are actually what seem to be natural predators, but I tell you now, they are not.  These beings are PURE EVIL.  They kill and leave the carcass to rot.  They kill for nothing more than brief moments of enjoyment when they see the main ones hurt in such agony.  They get pleasure from the pain of others.  And worst of all, they are creations and not living normal beings.  They are a monstrosity of the true evil at hand.  As natural as they may seem, they are not natural at all.  For the gang, with these dangers, it's either kill or be killed.

Oh, BTW, the one behind it all does have a reason for doing it, and trust me, it's something NO ONE, at least out of those who have posted their fics, has ever thought of.  Trust me, you'll be quite surprised when it is revealed in the final chapter. :)

Anyways, thanks for the welcomes.  I really hope to enjoy this place. :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Hello there. I am Threehorn and on Fanfiction.net also have that nickname. i've in the process of making a new one a trail one at most lol. glad to see a new memeber to the Gang of five. All is always welcomed here.

My new story is a  trail one of a very odd cross over that some would see it. I plan to have Star Trek Voyager cross over with LBT and I came up with a clever way to get it to work. any more news on that has to wait cause at this time I am doing the first 10 chapters then see how it looks.

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Now, in all truth, the dangers are actually what seem to be natural predators, but I tell you now, they are not. These beings are PURE EVIL. They kill and leave the carcass to rot. They kill for nothing more than brief moments of enjoyment when they see the main ones hurt in such agony. They get pleasure from the pain of others. And worst of all, they are creations and not living normal beings. They are a monstrosity of the true evil at hand. As natural as they may seem, they are not natural at all. For the gang, with these dangers, it's either kill or be killed.
No offense meant, but I regret to hear that. I'm a member of the tiny minority that is not so fond of elements that are not likely to be part of LBT as it appears in the movies.
No offense to anybody, but sometimes I regret that there is hardly one fanfiction or role play game that treats LBT the way the original movie and the first sequels do.  :cry

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Late again.  :slap   This is what happens when you wait to the last minute to create a thematic unit.  :rolleyes:

Hey Pokeplayer.  I almost want to call you Pikachu, or Jigglypuff, or Mewtwo...  :lol:  About the only thing that I play involving Pokemon is Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Enjoy the forum.  B)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 15 2005 on  12:46 PM
Now, in all truth, the dangers are actually what seem to be natural predators, but I tell you now, they are not. These beings are PURE EVIL. They kill and leave the carcass to rot. They kill for nothing more than brief moments of enjoyment when they see the main ones hurt in such agony. They get pleasure from the pain of others. And worst of all, they are creations and not living normal beings. They are a monstrosity of the true evil at hand. As natural as they may seem, they are not natural at all. For the gang, with these dangers, it's either kill or be killed.
No offense meant, but I regret to hear that. I'm a member of the tiny minority that is not so fond of elements that are not likely to be part of LBT as it appears in the movies.
No offense to anybody, but sometimes I regret that there is hardly one fanfiction or role play game that treats LBT the way the original movie and the first sequels do.  :cry
Well, I ask who are the members of this "minority" that you speak of?  I would like to get to know them. :)

Anyways, no offense really taken.  I often do this with my fics. :rolleyes:

Oh, and one small question, are you the one who made "The Big Quarrel"?  Because, if I'm not mistaken, it's unfinished on www.Fanfiction.net.

If you are, why isn't it finished?  It's been, what, a year since you updated and still no ending?  What's wrong?  Writer's block or something?

If writer's block is the problem, then I think I have an ending that just might help. (I have an imagination that knows no bounds.)

Oh, BTW, trust me, I'm really enjoying it. (Despite the little problem with the latest chapter with how the text was bunched up and all.)

Ah, Threehorn!  I was hoping to meet ya.  I enjoyed your fics.

"The Happy Threehorn"... Man!  I still have a hard time believing that was a joke all along!

"The Journey to Great Lake" was quite a masterpiece.  Though I did expect Ducky and uh, Tuipo was it? to have a rather strong relationship, if you know what I mean.  :^.^:

As for "The Mysterious World", I am VERY much enjoying it.  Very unique in it's own way, I must say.  It is quite creative, despite it's small length per chapter. (Don't worry, you make up for it with everything else.)

Ah, Roger, you indeed guessed the origin of my name.  Yes, I must admit, I am a fan of Pokemon, but, as you can see, I have been a fan of The Land Before Time longer.

Well, I've got nothing else to say right now.  Fic is going well, though, trust me, it'll be a while before you see the first chapter.

Well, gotta go.  See ya later. ^_^

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"The Great Lake" became a fanfic?!  This I got to see soon. :blink:

Oh yeah, introductions... *clears throat*

Konnichiwa and hi pokeplayer!  Welcome to the Gang of Five, already more than five members...  (I've been sick for the past week and a half, so pardon my puns)

I'd like to see your fanfic when it comes out, and it may come out before mine...and I started it over a year now! <_<

Anyway, have fun!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 16 2005 on  06:31 PM
Quote from: Malte279,Nov 15 2005 on  12:46 PM
No offense to anybody, but sometimes I regret that there is hardly one fanfiction or role play game that treats LBT the way the original movie and the first sequels do.  :cry
Well, I ask who are the members of this "minority" that you speak of?  I would like to get to know them. :)
*raises paw*

I'm a huge outspoken critic of cheapening the image of a carnivore (that in turn leads to being a huge critic of the sequels).  At least when the theatrical version was created, you saw that t-rex wasn't the "bad guy" to simply be the bad guy...even good ol' Pat Hingle said that the carnivores ate meat and preyed on the leaf eaters.  ;)  So why should a film have to cheapen and show t-rexes being nothing more than evil, or in some of the sequels, really stupid and clumsy.  Sharptooth in the original had some backbone because he needed to eat too, and that's the message the original proclaimed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
Yes, I wrote "The Big Quarrel" and yes, I did finish the story. However, when I put it up at fanfiction.net I realized that my English was rather poor by the time I translated the story (in 2000) so I deceided to correct the many mistakes in "The Big Quarrel" before I put up the last chapters and the corrected versions of the first. Regretably my diligence never caught up with the "noble intent".
So to this day "The Big Quarrel" is not completely transfered to what deserves to be named "English". I'm too preoccupied with other LBT stories to get myself to continue working with this one I originally wrote back in 1999.
Still, if you are interested in reading the end of "The Big Quarrel" I can send you the complete version of the story which is understandable despite the shortcomings of my English by the time I translated it. I also drew a number of pictures showing scenes from "The Big Quarrel".
There is a second story I finished titled "The Cold Time" (written before I saw LBT 8 and very different in content). There are shortcomings in the translation of "The Cold Time" too, but not as bad as in case of "The Big Quarrel". Both stories suffer from the major drawback of introducing no characters other than characters we know from the movies already.
The same does not apply to "Old Threehorns" a story I have been writing for a long time now. That story is also the first one where I had a writer's block. Not so much because I did not know how to continue the story (the plot is complete in my mind) but rather because I'm unsure about some dialogues and how to present some characters. There are many character on the horns of a dilemma in that story and it is difficult to neither let them appear too "innocent" nor cause them to come across as meaner than they are. It is a very complex story dealing with stuff gloomier than much that has been in LBT so far. Still I made sure to include nothing I think would be of limits in the movies. Unfortunately LBT 10 and 11 (both released after I had written quite a bit of "Old Threehorns") both contradict the story which drove me near to giving up on it.
As for other land before time fans whom I know to favor LBT stories not contradicting the movies in style or content are Christian, Fox (both members but rare posters here in the GOF), and Rachel (member of the N54 LBT forum).
I'm a huge outspoken critic of cheapening the image of a carnivore
I definitely agree on that! The sharpteeth in LBT 10, 8 and 11 (not as bad as in case of the other two) were far too harmless. However, if I write about stories not contradicting the movie I mean elements from other stories (e.g. humans, zombies etc.) or excessive violence and the like. If it comes to situations in which the movies contradict each other (especially LBT 10) I prefer the stories of the original movie and the early sequels.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, so you did complete it!  Then I would very, very much like to see the end of the story.  I have an easy time understanding what people write, despite their not so perfect english, so expect me to understand what you are saying with the story.

Here's my e-mail to help you...

pokeplayer984@hotmail.com

Now, I understand people who are in your situation.  However, many of them still post it, regardless of their lack of english.  They feel that as long as people understand what they're saying, it hardly matters what grammical and spelling mistakes they make.  That's the only place they need to improve.  Which they do overtime, and I'm impressed with that. :)

Anyways, I've been reading your "The Cold Time" story, and I am enjoying it.  However, I've only read one chapter, so I can't give you a full honest opinon in the story just yet.  I'll give you more of an honest opinon once I reach the plot.  I know every story to have a plot of some kind.  Sometimes its the plot, behind the plot, behind the plot, and those end up having a plot so hard to figure out, that they seem to have none at all.

Also, I get what your saying with the carnivore not being evil and all, but understand, these things that I'm basically making up are not the natural predator.  They are nothing more than creations that are meant to destroy and cause pain.  They are programmed, you might say, to do evil. (Even though there is not one bit of robot like material in them.  Nothing but blood, flesh, organs and skin with no soul in them.  Nothing but a brain that has nothing but thoughts of evil controling them.) I understand the predators of the series to have a soul.  I can highly understand that, no questions asked.

I will give a little difference in them and so that you can tell they are the pure evil creations and not natural predators.  I will present several natural predators, even several villians we have known from the series.  So don't worry, there will be natural predators around that try to stop them, but there will be a difference to show that they are not the pure evil.

Well, I've got to go.  I've got work today.  See ya later. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Hey pokeplayer!

Looks like you've got a lot on your plate in terms of fanfic reading! LOL We do have quite a few very talented writers here (and more!). I personally recommend Malte's stories as they are very well constructed and they have the greatest potential to effectively become feature length LBT films (I reckon). Threehorn's stories are cool too! I feel privileged to get first dibs on his working! ;) And, just for the record, I'm the author of "Battle of the Sacred Essences"  :) You mentioned that your currently reading it (which I feel greatly honoured by :^.^: ). Where abouts are you in the story? I'm still drafting the final few chapters of BOSE. It's my first very big story I've "published" for others to read. Any feedback is appreciated. :D

I like your idea for your fanfic. The idea of sharpteeth that are "programmed" to be killers that kill relentlessly could be grounds for an interesting plot. Maybe you could look to it as sharpteeth and leaf-eaters working together to conquer these hybrid killers.        Just an idea but I'll be looking forward to see what you come up with!

All the best!

~Littlefoot-1616 B)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Pokeplayer, If you like, uh, random rps, you should check out the "sowarkard' RP Threehorn and  i are currently working on.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Nov 17 2005 on  12:41 AM
"The Great Lake" became a fanfic?!  This I got to see soon. :blink:

Oh yeah, introductions... *clears throat*

Konnichiwa and hi pokeplayer!  Welcome to the Gang of Five, already more than five members...  (I've been sick for the past week and a half, so pardon my puns)

I'd like to see your fanfic when it comes out, and it may come out before mine...and I started it over a year now! <_<

Anyway, have fun!
Yes it is a story the Great Lake. www.fanfiction.net/~threehorn go on this link and you find my stories and the complete Great Lake story it different to the RPG we did. but it has some but not much similar traces of the rpg. but one thing you must know I don't have the spikethumbs in it.

enjoy reading the completed 14 chapter story

-THreehorn

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Welcome

Sorry it took me so long to post here.  I just had a bunch of big projects I had to work on, which took most of my time.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself here.  I look forward to reading your fanfiction.  It sounds interesting.

See you around

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Glad to see so many are approving of this one of a kind fanfiction I'm making.  I'll be working VERY hard with it.

Littlefoot1616:  Ah, so you are the author of BotSE. (Note: I like to do initials with stories alot.  Understand that sometimes, it's just easier to do that.) Well, I must say, I am impressed with it.  As for how far I am, I just finished reading the part where Jason came back from the dead and is now fighting Red Pheonix with an overpowered Laser Blade.  I can see how the story was inspired by The Legend of Zelda. (I enjoy those games myself.  And I tell ya, that Gannondorf just doesn't quit!) In all truth, I think it was a bit too obvious.  Still, enjoying the story VERY much, and I just can't wait to finish it.

Nick22:  In all truth, I'm not one who enjoys RPs very much.  I really don't understand why myself.  For some odd reason, I just don't find much enjoyment in them.

Now, I've run into a little delay.  My computer which had the story on it had to be taken in. (Problem with the A drive and the DVD-R.) I won't be getting back to my story until Tuesday.  Until then, I'll be enjoying what stories I can on the net from the computer my mom owns.  Don't worry, it'll still make it's debut in Early 2006, regardless.

Well, for now, guess I'll read more of The Cold Time, which, by the way, I am enjoying right now.  Only done with Chapter 4, but I see much potential with it.

Well, I'll see ya guys later. ^_^