The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Titan [A.E.]

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
One of Don Bluth's preacious cartoon's. The graphics are quite alike LBT and All Dogs Go to Heaven, however they're newer and there's a bit of CGI.
Funny thing happened, the other day I was watching TV and started thinking about this movie for no particular reason. I was zapping and when I turned on Fox (Portugal) they started to show this movie. Talk about premonition :D

What did you like or not about this movie?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 22 2007 on  09:43 AM
One of Don Bluth's preacious cartoon's. The graphics are quite alike LBT and All Dogs Go to Heaven, however they're newer and there's a bit of CGI.
Funny thing happened, the other day I was watching TV and started thinking about this movie for no particular reason. I was zapping and when I turned on Fox (Portugal) they started to show this movie. Talk about premonition :D

What did you like or not about this movie?
Whats not to like? Other than the fact it did so poorly and not because it was a bad movie but because bluth and crew took over for others and had to redo most and alot of money went down the tubes that was already spent. Basically it was a box office etc flop only because of one single thing no ads any where for it. I loved that movie so much action great animation both cgi and hand drawn. Then the was the humor things like "planet bob" at the end on the fade out new earth (bob).
Been a while sense i seen it so prob not a exact qoute.
"so what you going to call it"? "bob" "you cant call a planet bob" "Why not?" "you just can't"

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yeah tha scene is hilarious :D
New Earth (Planet Bob)
Although I think it's way too quick. There are so many side stories, the movie could've lasted 2 or more hours, or it could've originated sequels.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Apr 23 2007 on  02:08 PM
Yeah tha scene is hilarious :D
New Earth (Planet Bob)
Although I think it's way too quick. There are so many side stories, the movie could've lasted 2 or more hours, or it could've originated sequels.
Yeh its a shame the movie made so little. Sequels would be a bit tuff as it was pretty much over by end of first one. Not much left to doubt really.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Actually, it did badly because the studio rigged it to do badly so that they would have an excuse to fire the executive producer, who they didn't like for some reason. Too bad Don Bluth and co., unknowing of this, were the poor bastards that also got served in the process.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Don't you just hate when there's all this conspiracy?
I don't think they couldn't do anymore sequels. The Drej could attack again, I doupt they were just made of one ship. You also have to consider the way the humans will adapt to their new earth, and who knows other aliens might atack our Planet Bob :D

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Coming next summer...

"Titan A.E. 2: The Quest to Save Bob"
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
LOLZ.
I loved this movie, too.  Personally one of my favorite scenes is when we first meet Stith, the gunner (My fav. Character, BTW).
Best.  Quote.  Ever!
Preed: "Fight the good fight, precious."
Stith: "Preed, I'll kill you, okay? I WILL kill you!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed watching the movie when I saw it a few years ago.